ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 119
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:28 AM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They had an off night shooting to say the least. :-)
I still dont get treating Garrett like he is a superstar. At crucial times, they spread everyone out and count on Garrett to beat everyone on the opposing teams.

I can understand McCormack playing. Self loves the Hi/Low game. Always had. But, the Garrett thing. Has Self lost him mind? What am I missing here?
I think I was wrong about Garretts effectiveness in the Bill Self offense. Bills offense is more quick passing than dribbling and iso. Garrett when hes off the ball gets less usage and he can exploit defenses by more straight line drives from ball movement that loosens up the driving lanes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:58 AM 01-03-2021
You guys are so ridiculous this very well could be a final 4 team and it's better to have a shooting game like this in Kanuary facing a team who was hot from 3 than running into Nova or Oregons of past tournaments.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:53 AM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You guys are so ridiculous this very well could be a final 4 team and it's better to have a shooting game like this in Kanuary facing a team who was hot from 3 than running into Nova or Oregons of past tournaments.
Maybe. Thing is it’s on tape now. Every team is going to defend us this way moving forward. Time to put the big boy shorts on.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:36 PM 01-05-2021
Up early @ TCU 28-24. Just turned it on. ESPN

Edit: 49-35 halftime KU
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:01 PM 01-05-2021
Man I love seeing UK & UNC struggling this year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:05 PM 01-05-2021
29 point dominant blowout win over a decent TCU team on the road. Even McCormack played great. I'm guessing we won't see any whining over this one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:08 PM 01-05-2021

KU's 1.453 points per possession vs. TCU is the best mark in a road game during the Bill Self era.

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) January 6, 2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:39 PM 01-05-2021
I really like Harris starting at the point. I’d like to see that be permanent.

Maybe move Garrett to the 2, Agbaji to the 3, and bring Braun off the bench.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
29 point dominant blowout win over a decent TCU team on the road. Even McCormack played great. I'm guessing we won't see any whining over this one.
Only whining would be where has this version of McCormack been? Son of a bitch.

Also, Braun is going to get backdoored at some point. He was playing awfully high the whole game, but I might be off base, because they only tried it like once.

The other one would be Enaruna’s periodic boneheaded plays are infuriating. He’d be a hell of a player other than the 10% of the time he’s committing catastrophic errors.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Yeah. It’s tough rotationally. Braun is a good enough shooter he needs to be out there, and him and Agbaji are just terrible bringing the ball up under pressure, but Garrett is a ton better off the ball.

I think 25% of Garrett’s minutes need to be at the point and figure it out. Either Harris or Braun first off the bench and get the minutes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 AM 01-06-2021
Woah.

That’s got to infuriate Dixon.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:35 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Woah.

That’s got to infuriate Dixon.
It's a pretty ridiculous stat. Have to think it is partly to do with what "road" games are during this weird year, but this team just showed it can score.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:36 AM 01-06-2021
It's a pretty ridiculous stat. Have to think it is partly to do with what "road" games are during this weird year, but this team just showed it can score.
I may have to rewatch the game. We looked solid but I didn’t think we were doing anything historic.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:09 AM 01-06-2021
Dixon is an overrated coach. His teams aren't typically great defensively. Just like Lon Kruger. Yet people fawn over those guys. All of the great college coaches get their teams to defend, regardless of personnel. Every single year.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:17 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I don't think there is a great way to do it. You don't want Harris and Garrett on the court at the same time that much because you really suffer offensively with floor spacing.

I think Garrett is a very good player but I really think Dajuan Harris will lead to wins despite stuffing the stat sheet. That dude can defend. He's usually very safe with the ball and he's by far the best passer on the team. If he can knock down some shots and show he's a capable finisher near the rim then look out. That kind of player is just going to help you win ball games.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:52 PM 01-09-2021
Good start. :Facepalm:
[Reply]
Page 38 of 119
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up