ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 53
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:11 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who’s angry?

You’re the one that seems upset. Nobody was even talking to you and you found a way to get butthurt over it.
Mehh, I have my moments. But today, all I see is you calling people fucking idiots in every post.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 01-04-2021
Diontae Johnson gets hurt every other game. Every time I watch the Steelers that guy is limping off the field.
[Reply]
-King- 02:13 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
McLaurin in this offense would be just like Hardman. The 4th option. He's done well so far because he's the #1 WR by default on a team bereft of offensive talent.

Metcalf is really the only big miss and even then, I question whether the Chiefs would ever draft someone like him.
Eh. McClaurin is really good and looks to be a complete reliable WR despite the fact that he has Haskins, Kyle Allen, and Smith who's coming off one of the worst injuries ever. If McLaurin was here he'd be taking snaps from Sammy by now. He's for sure be getting significantly more snaps and targets than Robinson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to say for sure. I still think McLaurin would be producing better in KC than Hardman, but there's no way to know for sure.

I think a reasonable comparison is Diontae Johnson. He's had to split reps with the likes of Smith-Schuster, Claypool, and Ebron. Clearly none of those are the equivalent of Hill/Kelce, but nonetheless there is competition for reps. Johnson still arguably had just as good of a rookie season as Hardman and this year fell just short of 1,000 yards.

I know the excuse for Hardman is that he was raw, but personally I would question the luxury on this team of taking raw players high in the draft. Let's say in years 3/4 Hardman does develop into a consistent receiver. Are we really going to be able to afford to extend his contract if he proves his worth?
The thing is, he shares position with James Washington, who was picked in almost exactly the same spot as Hardman and Hardman has outperformed him so far.

You could nitpick until the cows come home - you're going to find dozens of examples both for and against.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:15 PM 01-04-2021
Diontae Johnson gets hurt every other game. Every time I watch the Steelers that guy is limping off the field.
Didn’t he also have major issues with drops?
[Reply]
-King- 02:17 PM 01-04-2021
I’m not naming busts in his same draft class. There’s more context.

I’m naming guys that play the same position and went shortly after, one of which MANY people thought we should’ve taken over Hardman (Campbell). He’s still calling Hardman a reach, so I’m simply pointing out how ridiculous that is.

I also think it’s relevant to point to actual busts when people are calling Hardman a bust for basically not being Metcalf. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
What part of no one thinks Hardman is a bust, he just isn't meeting expectations for his 2nd season don't you understand? Search the thread, you're basically the only one insinuating that.

You had high expectations for him this season. Do you think he met those expectations? Do you think him having just 22 more yards despite 19 more catches and 2 less touchdowns was an improvement on his rookie year?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:18 PM 01-04-2021
Hardman is a damn good player.

Quit looking at stats, nerds. Look at the PLAYER. Dude is a big play waiting to happen every time the ball is in his hands. In the open field and in stride, he's damn near a sure bet at TD like Tyreek is.

He's fast, swift, energetic and clutch AF.

It seems like that aspect of his game is wildly overlooked. The man makes plays in clutch situations. That's a hallmark of a good player.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
What part of no one thinks Hardman is a bust, he just isn't meeting expectations for his 2nd season don't you understand? Search the thread, you're basically the only one insinuating that.

You had high expectations for him this season. Do you think he met those expectations? Do you think him having just 22 more yards despite 19 more catches and 2 less touchdowns was an improvement on his rookie year?
You:

“Hardman’s not a total bust”

OKchiefs:

“Hardman might not be a complete bust”

Again, it isn’t difficult to read between the lines here, but continue to play stupid. At the very least, it clearly implies that he’s trending in that direction just not “totally” or “completely” one. Half of a bust!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:23 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Quit looking at stats, nerds. Look at the PLAYER. Dude is a big play waiting to happen every time the ball is in his hands. In the open field and in stride, he's damn near a sure bet at TD like Tyreek is.

It seems like that aspect of his game is wildly overlooked. The man makes plays in clutch situations. That's a hallmark of a good player.
My biggest complaint last year was that he was dangerous on deep routes but not much else. He's clearly shown some progression and has more of the route tree available. However, he's still way too inconsistent and makes boneheaded plays with drops, fumbles, etc. But, as has been mentioned, he's obviously raw so hopefully we see progression next year with a full offseason. Of course, who knows if that dipshit JC Tretter has his way and mini-camps/OTAs are cancelled.

I'm also curious to know who's more at fault with the miscommunication issue between him and Mahomes. There seem to be quite a few plays this season where Mahomes couldn't connect with Hardman for whatever reason, more so than with the other receivers, so I'm not really sure who takes the blame there.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 01-04-2021

He’s not a football player though dude! He’s a guy that runs fast and happens to play football!

Never mind that he’s been making plays since day 1 at the highest level while only playing the position for 4 years now.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:25 PM 01-04-2021
You:

OKchiefs:

Again, it isn’t difficult to read between the lines here, but continue to play stupid. At the very least, it’s clearly implies that he’s trending in that direction just not “totally” or “completely” one. Half of a bust!
You can read whatever you want, I'm not calling him a bust. I would have preferred a different draft pick, but he's here so really no use complaining about that anymore. I truly hope he shows more development next year and makes some big plays this year in the post-season. I'd love for him to kick ass all post-season and prove his naysayers wrong.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:28 PM 01-04-2021

One thing that stands out to me is his burst. Look at his highlights from last year and there are a few plays where he goes 0 to 100 in a split second. I mean, leaving defenders in a cloud of dust. Would love to see him involved in more of those short and underneath routes.
[Reply]
-King- 02:29 PM 01-04-2021
You:

OKchiefs:

Again, it isn’t difficult to read between the lines here, but continue to play stupid. At the very least, it’s clearly implies that he’s trending in that direction just not “totally” or “completely” one. Half of a bust!
In response to you. Hardman right now is a ok to decent player. He's not what what any of us expected to be in his second year. And that includes you. I don't see why that's so hard to admit.

Hopefully he'll get better next year but as of right now, we're looking at drafting a WR high or getting a WR in free agency where most of us hoped he'd be the guy to take over for Watkins.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
In response to you. Hardman right now is a ok to decent player. He's not what what any of us expected to be in his second year. And that includes you. I don't see why that's so hard to admit.

Hopefully he'll get better next year but as of right now, we're looking at drafting a WR high or getting a WR in free agency where most of us hoped he'd be the guy to take over for Watkins.
You continue to talk about us drafting a WR like it’s some huge knock on Hardman and I find it fucking hilarious.

This team will be drafting a WR fairly high every other year while Pat is our QB, as we should.

The Steelers have been drafting WR’s every 1-2 years for over a decade. That’s the model we should/will be following. It has little to do with Hardman moron. We’re likely losing 2 of our top 4 WR’s, but that isn’t relevant to your narrative, right?

I like Hardman and I STILL would draft a WR early this year. Why? Because I understand modern roster building. I also see that there will be another deep group like last year and don’t want to miss out 2 years in a row.

Also, Hardman is better than “ok to decent”. He’s been a playmaker since day 1 and he is still learning how to play WR. Not everybody is Tyreek fucking Hill dude, some guys actually take time to learn a completely new position.
[Reply]
-King- 02:39 PM 01-04-2021
You continue to talk about us drafting a WR like it’s some huge knock on Hardman and I find it fucking hilarious.

This team will be drafting a WR fairly high every other year while Pat is our QB, as we should.

The Steelers have been drafting WR’s every 1-2 years for over a decade. That’s the model we should/will be following. It has little to do with Hardman moron. We’re likely losing 2 of our top 4 WR’s, but that isn’t relevant to your narrative, right?

I like Hardman and I STILL would draft a WR early this year. Why? Because I understand modern roster building.

Also, Hardman is better than “ok to decent”. He’s been a playmaker since day 1 and he is still learning how to play WR. Not everybody is Tyreek fucking Hill dude, some guys actually take time to learn a completely new position.
So what were your expectations for him this season? Did he meet them? I know you were expecting him to be a breakout star. Is he? You think those 22 extra yards from 19 more catches and 2 less touchdowns really took him to the next level?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 53
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up