ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 144
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
scho63 07:46 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
I agree.... we have to get them off the field on 3rd/4th down. Then score the TD. I wonder if we see a lot of 46 defense in this game? I wonder about playing a 5 down lineman set to confuse the blocking versus a 4 man line .

Is Tannehill mobile?
No, he rarely runs
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:54 AM 01-14-2020
Tannehill is mobile. He's a converted WR.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:09 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
He's still Tannehill... The guy that finished top 10 all time in a single season for completion percentage and yards per attempt? 70.3% 9.6avg.

Points allowed... Patriots 225. Ravens 282. Chiefs 308. Titans 331.

As for Tannehill having no weapons, you've apparently never seen AJ Brown or Corey Davis. 20.2 yards and 14.0 yards per catch. Henry is suck a weapon that Tannehill only had to attempt 14 and 15 passes the last two games against better defenses.

Your take on the Titans sounds more like fiction than reality.

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:16 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
100% agree. The last thing you want is for him to be running at your defense full steam. That's a recipe for disaster.
This for sure, but would also get him running sideline to sideline...limit the north/south runs, which will also help with getting his legs out from beneath him...make Tannehill get into a shootout with our offense
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:18 AM 01-14-2020
The Titans simply cannot win unless they get consistent pressure on Mahomes. He's too good and has too many weapons.
[Reply]
Toad 10:25 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Nick Wright actually made a good point about the potential game plan.

Sell out to stop the run early while you’re building a lead presumably, then shift to more 2 high safety looks as the game goes on.

That’s an underrated plan of attack that really only KC can rely on with their offense.
Yes. Load the box and run blitz early (but selectively) to build the lead...then shift

And isn’t it wonderful knowing that Spags has the knowledge and skill to adjust accordingly? It is comforting knowing he can.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:28 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Toad:
And isn’t it wonderful knowing that Spags has the knowledge and skill to adjust accordingly? It is comforting knowing he can.
You have no idea, but in reality I do know that you really do based on your comment here.:-)
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:31 AM 01-14-2020
If we win, we're essentially playing the same team two weeks in a row if the 49ers make it past the Packers, only the 9ers use more of a RBBC approach instead of one workhorse. If there's one thing we need more than anything (and besides healthy players) is our Defense to have the best 2 weeks of their collective season right now. It's alot to expect to cover the run game of these two teams, but I have faith. If we get Green Bay, I'm less worried, because I know we can beat them in a track meet, and their defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Titans or 49ers.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:35 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
No, he rarely runs
He's mobile and can run when needed (he had some key runs in the Baltimore game).

I think Tennessee will roll him out of the pocket a lot off of playaction fakes.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:37 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
If we win, we're essentially playing the same team two weeks in a row if the 49ers make it past the Packers, only the 9ers use more of a RBBC approach instead of one workhorse. If there's one thing we need more than anything (and besides healthy players) is our Defense to have the best 2 weeks of their collective season right now. It's alot to expect to cover the run game of these two teams, but I have faith. If we get Green Bay, I'm less worried, because I know we can beat them in a track meet, and their defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Titans or 49ers.
I am hoping for a Chiefs vs Packers Superbowl
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:38 AM 01-14-2020
BINGO !!

I would love to see a rematch with the Packers with Mahomes letting Rogers know who is truly the best QB in the NFL.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:40 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I am hoping for a Chiefs vs Packers Superbowl
Me as well and the Networks would have their best ratings with a Mahomes vs Rogers duel for the first time !!:-)
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:48 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
No, he rarely runs
I mean this in jest I’m not attacking you. But do some of you watch football?
Tannehill ran all over the chiefs this year in Tennessee. Yes he’s mobile and hard to bring down as well. I don’t quite understand the over confidence in chiefs fans. Yes we have the single best player in the universe right now but the chiefs also have the terrible playoff history anchor that they still need to prove they’ve ditched. And again I disagree with most on this site. The titans will have the second best player on their side on Sunday. Henry is statistically playing as (please understand this means just right now at this moment) the best RB of all time.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:48 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Spas is also gonna dial up run blitzes.

Keeping the Titans off down and distance schedule is key.
I see this gameplan being very similar to the Patriots game. We knew they were going to try to run on us and Spags blitzed Ragland and Wilson in the A gap to disrupt the OL.

Those blitzes make it hard as hell for OL to pull or even get their stance right. A perfectly timed blitz has the LB right in the face of the OL with momentum as the ball is snapped.

You’re basically taking away an OL by doing so. I’d do this every early down.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:49 AM 01-14-2020
we just shut down a team's running game after they dropped 200 on us in week 6

this run defense is fixed

the fact that tannehill, rodgers and jimmy G are not even close to watson this year (maybe rodgers, but he isn't himself lately) helps even more

those teams aren't going to be running a lot of options or presenting the same running threat at the QB position

the thing that worries me most is san francisco's defense

they could legit shut down our offense if things go poorly in pass protection
[Reply]
Page 38 of 144
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up