ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 103
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Dante84 04:57 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Don't get a pick if they cut him. Has to leave via free agency.
Ah shit. You're right. I thought his contract ran out, but we'd have to cut him. No go on the comp pick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:05 PM 05-03-2019
We need to keep them all. Mahomes + Hill, Hardman,Kelce,Watkins,DROB, Pringle.

Absolutely unstoppable.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:07 PM 05-03-2019
Yeah I wouldn’t get rid of any of them in 2019 if I don’t have to. That’s a lot of talent and depth for an expected long season. Never know when one guy, or even two might do down for a period of time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:08 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If you trade D Rob then you have to extend Hill

Sammy will be gone next season, D Rob traded and Hill no contract next year. You’re stuck with Hardman and who else?? Dieter.

D Rob stays but if he does get traded Hill will be extended
Hill is probably gone regardless. We're going to re-sign Robinson's overrated ass instead?

Not smart.

Trade him now.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:51 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ohio State threw it 15 more times per game than Georgia. He’d better had fucking produced more.

Hardman, in live game action, looks visibly more explosive to me. Maybe I’m alone there, Idk.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Paris Campbell played in a pass friendly offense with Dwayne Haskins.

Mecole Hardman played in a run first offense.
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Campbell is about as natural a pass catcher as Dwayne Bowe and no, that's not a good thing.

He's also not a route runner. He's Tavon Austin.
No offense to any of you guys whatsoever but I'm an OSU fan so I'm quite familiar with what they do and don't. That said, Campbell was more productive in 2017 than Hardman with 40 receptions, and he didn't have Haskins throwing him the ball then (rarely at least). The Buckeyes were more run-oriented that season with JT Barrett (371 passes compared to Haskins 533 in 2018).

I don't get the comment about hands at all either. Campbell dropped 5 passes in 2018 with 90 catches. He has good hands. Someone say in a scouting report he dropped passes and he has shitty hands? Because that's the only way any person would ever make a comment like that about Campbell's hands. The tape simply says otherwise.

Look, I get the SEC love around here. I just think KC made a massive reach on far less production and less physical gifts. Campbell is almost 2 inches taller 5'11-7/8" vs 5'10" 2/8", runs the same 4.31, has the same level agility (you want proof look at Campbell's 4.03 shuttle vs Hardman's 4.25), has a 40 inch vertical, and ran all the routes Hardman ran. And if you think he isn't explosive, he finished 2nd in the FBS in yards after catch in 2018 with 809 yards. He makes big plays from short passes in the same fashion Tyreek has and he can take the top off deep. He would have been perfect in this offense.

I like Hardman, don't get me wrong. I just think he wasn't quite the same tier of receiver as Campbell and it really brought me to question Veach a bit. I hope he proves me wrong and it isn't that Indy got a big-time player and we got played the fool.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:09 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No offense to any of you guys whatsoever but I'm an OSU fan so I'm quite familiar with what they do and don't. That said, Campbell was more productive in 2017 than Hardman with 40 receptions, and he didn't have Haskins throwing him the ball then (rarely at least). The Buckeyes were more run-oriented that season with JT Barrett (371 passes compared to Haskins 533 in 2018).

I don't get the comment about hands at all either. Campbell dropped 5 passes in 2018 with 90 catches. He has good hands. Someone say in a scouting report he dropped passes and he has shitty hands? Because that's the only way any person would ever make a comment like that about Campbell's hands. The tape simply says otherwise.

Look, I get the SEC love around here. I just think KC made a massive reach on far less production and less physical gifts. Campbell is almost 2 inches taller 5'11-7/8" vs 5'10" 2/8", runs the same 4.31, has the same level agility (you want proof look at Campbell's 4.03 shuttle vs Hardman's 4.25), has a 40 inch vertical, and ran all the routes Hardman ran. And if you think he isn't explosive, he finished 2nd in the FBS in yards after catch in 2018 with 809 yards. He makes big plays from short passes in the same fashion Tyreek has and he can take the top off deep. He would have been perfect in this offense.

I like Hardman, don't get me wrong. I just think he wasn't quite the same tier of receiver as Campbell and it really brought me to question Veach a bit. I hope he proves me wrong and it isn't that Indy got a big-time player and we got played the fool.
I see your point, and I did want Campbell first, but this isn’t the hill you want to die on crow.

I get that you’ve watched this guy plenty, and I do expect him to be good with Luck, but I’m not arguing with the guy who (in large part) found insane value on offensive players such as DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Brent Celek, Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:15 PM 05-03-2019
With the Chiefs scary current situation at the TE position behind Kelce (i.e. no proven options), they might need all of the WR's/pass catching options they can get if Kelce has any set backs from his ankle surgery recovery.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:29 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
With the Chiefs scary current situation at the TE position behind Kelce (i.e. no proven options), they might need all of the WR's/pass catching options they can get if Kelce has any set backs from his ankle surgery recovery.
Nothing scary about the TE position behind Kelce.

I'm not even a bit concerned by that.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:39 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I see your point, and I did want Campbell first, but this isn’t the hill you want to die on crow.

I get that you’ve watched this guy plenty, and I do expect him to be good with Luck, but I’m not arguing with the guy who (in large part) found insane value on offensive players such as DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Brent Celek, Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill.
I'm on that hill bud and here's a big reason why. Take a look at the players you listed. For the most part, those were some insanely productive players, not insane values. A scout with half a brain could have picked most of those guys out with ease. Wilson and Hill are really the only ones that pop out even a little bit and they were a UDFA and a 5th round pick. Mecole Hardman never had a big, productive year. Here are my notes for you on those players:

DeSean Jackson - California
2nd Round #49
2x 1st Team All-American. 2 x All Pac-10, 3-year production: 38-601-7, 59-1060-9, 65-762-6
Value? Sure, a bit but he dropped mostly because he was small before small was cool. He was an easy guy to spot. Great production, amazing speed.

LeSean McCoy - Pitt
2nd Round #53
2x 1st team All-Big East, 2nd Team All-American. 2-year production: 276-1328-14/33-244-1, 308-1488-21/32-305/0
Value? Sure, because good RBs go in round 2 consistently and he was the 4th back taken behind 3 other extremely productive college backs (Knowshon Moreno, Beanie Wells, and Donald Brown) McCoy was one of the best backs to enter his draft (he did so following his So season!), how hard is that to spot?

Brent Celek - Cincinnati
5th Round #162
4 year production: 2-39-0, 22-254-8, 32-361-3, 35-481-3 Good value. Productive college TE that dropped in the draft mostly due to level of competition and questionable speed. Key though, productive.

Brian Westbrook - Villanova
3rd Round #91
2 x Atlantic-10 Offensive Player of the Year. Still holds the NCAA record for All-Purpose Yards with 9,512. Honestly, how hard was this guy to find? Size dropped him over all else, but he went early enough to not be a steal of any sort.

Jeremy Maclin - Missouri
1st Round #19
2 x 1st Team All-American. 2-year production 80-1055-9/51-375-4, 102-1260-13/40-293-2. Hard to find a more productive college WR in a 2-year span. Declacred after his So season. Like McCoy... hard to spot that talent?

Albert Wilson - Georgia State
UDFA
1st team All-CAA KR and 3rd team All-CAA WR. 1 year of great production 71-1177-8/24-251-1. 6,235 all-purpose yards good for top 30 in NCAA history. Nice little gem of a find. Good job Dorsey's SE Area Scout.

Travis Kelce - Cincinnati
3rd Round #63
1 x All Big East. 3-year production 1-3-0, 13-150-2, 45-722-8. Had a great senior year and ran well at the combine but dropped because of off-field concerns dating back to his 2011 suspension for the entire year. Probably went where he should have and wasn't much of a secret about his talent.

Kareem Hunt - Toledo
3rd Round #86
3 x All-MAC (2x 1st, 1x 2nd). 4-year production 137-866-6/12-68-0, 205-1631-16/9-39-0, 178-973-12/11-45-0, 262-1475-10/41-403-1. 3rd most productive rusher in MAC history. Fell in the draft due to speed concerns. Not exactly a big find.

Tyreek Hill - Oklahoma State
5th Round #165
Mostly drafted on his JC production and speed and some hope. Definitely a diamond in the rough.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:47 AM 05-04-2019
Cheetah 1 and Cheetah 2.....go long, bitches.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:50 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Cheetah 1 and Cheetah 2.....go long, bitches.
Hopefully.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 05:23 AM 05-04-2019
The only way I can see the Chiefs taking Hardman over Campbell is if Dave Toub pushed for Hardman.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:40 AM 05-04-2019
Man you have to look at the offenses that the two players played in. Campbell is a very good player and I would have been happy with him too but you switch these two players and I bet they end up with damn near identical stats.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:05 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Nothing scary about the TE position behind Kelce.

I'm not even a bit concerned by that.
Nothing scary about the fact that the Chiefs’ three TE’s behind Kelce have minimal or no NFL experience?

Wells and Yelder have zero career NFL receptions and Bell has 30 receptions during a four year career.

If there are any set backs with Kelce’s ankle surgery recovery, that is the Chiefs’ TE group.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 AM 05-04-2019
they had the option for either.

They chose Hardman. Not only that, but at least one other team (Philly, right?) was also choosing Hardman first. And then later, Campbell went.

So at least two pretty successful front offices disagree with you Crow. Doesn't mean you're wrong of course, just means there's clearly another line of thought.

I think Hardman's got a little extra something with the ball in his hands in space that I don't see as much with Campbell, and if I were to guess (which is really what we're all doing) THAT is what Reid and Veach liked so much.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 103
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up