ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 68
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:22 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The Chiefs didn't have a third round pick and Denver did. Dorsey gambled thinking that Lynch would fall two more picks and got burned.
John Dorsey traded a 1st and two 3rd rd picks for Mahomes. If the Chiefs felt as as good about Lynch as they felt about Mahomes, they would have used more draft capitol to trade up for him.

Dorsey said prospects like Mahomes "don't come along very often". It's clear he didn't think Lynch fit that label.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:03 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
John Dorsey traded a 1st and two 3rd rd picks for Mahomes. If the Chiefs felt as as good about Lynch as they felt about Mahomes, they would have used more draft capitol to trade up for him.

Dorsey said prospects like Mahomes "don't come along very often". It's clear he didn't think Lynch fit that label.
The sense of urgency wasn't there in 2016 because KC had just won their first playoff game in like 30 years. Plus I imagine Dorsey was a little spooked about the NFL taking away a few of their picks after Maclingate, and so he wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:07 PM 06-14-2017
The sense of urgency wasn't there in 2016 because KC had just won their first playoff game in like 30 years. Plus I imagine Dorsey was a little spooked about the NFL taking away a few of their picks after Maclingate, and so he wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.
Stick to Denver fodder bc you don't know anything about the Chiefs :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:35 AM 06-15-2017
From Albert Breer's column...

Spoiler!
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/15/a...icamp-notebook
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 06-15-2017
"A better version of Patrick Mahomes"

:-)

What exactly makes Allen better?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He's not a Chief. If Mahomes was drafted by the Jets or the Texans.....he'd be the next great QB.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:01 PM 06-15-2017
"A better version of Patrick Mahomes"

Pro style knowledge/experience, more mobile and more polish. Mahomes came from a really bad spread system so he'll need time to learn things a pro style QB already knows thoroughly.

To me, Wentz is the comp for Allen. Mahomes has a very high ceiling like Allen too, especially with Andy coaching him.

Allen still threw 15 picks to shitty competition though. He's not an elite prospect IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pro style knowledge/experience, more mobile and more polish. Mahomes came from a really bad spread system so he'll need time to learn things a pro style QB already knows thoroughly.

To me, Wentz is the comp for Allen. Mahomes has a very high ceiling like Allen too, especially with Andy coaching him.

Allen still threw 15 picks to shitty competition though. He's not an elite prospect IMO.
That last part is exactly why I'm not buying it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
He's not a Chief. If Mahomes was drafted by the Jets or the Texans.....he'd be the next great QB.
Ain't that the truth
[Reply]
RunKC 07:44 AM 06-16-2017
That last part is exactly why I'm not buying it.
Yeah and that doesn't make him an elite guy in my eyes, but you can't ignore the pro's. He has everything Patrick Mahomes has, but IMO 3 things that Mahomes doesn't that makes him more sought after:

-bigger body frame like Wentz
-Alex Smith esque mobility
-pro style experience
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:18 PM 06-18-2017
Every NFL team knew that KC was trading up. They may not have known exactly who they wanted, but it was obvious that it was for one of the QB's.
Except for the tweet you posted saying it wasn't going to be for a qb

Dumb fuck
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:18 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Except for the tweet you posted saying it wasn't going to be for a qb

Dumb fuck

KnowMo throws shit to the wall with the very best of 'em.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:35 PM 06-20-2017
First Look: Scouting UCLA QB Josh Rosen
By Daniel Jeremiah

Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-josh-rosen
[Reply]
OldSchool 01:06 AM 06-22-2017
First Look: Scouting UCLA QB Josh Rosen
By Daniel Jeremiah

Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-josh-rosen
Yes, next year's QB class (if they all declare) will be undoubtedly better than what was available in the 2017 draft. Oh well, neither Chiefs or Broncos will have a shot at getting one of them and have pretty much already laid their beds. (Lynch and Mahomes). Now we'll just have to wait and see who actually ends up panning out. Meanwhile, Oakland is sitting with the beauty queen.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:54 PM 06-23-2017
From Albert Breer...

Spoiler!

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/22/c...nfl-free-agent
[Reply]
Page 38 of 68
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up