ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 367
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:52 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
LiDAR (laser) is shooting a comparatively narrow beam so LiDAR detectors basically tell you that you have just been illuminated.
Doesn't that mean your busted? What good is that?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:53 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Doesn't that mean your busted? What good is that?
Yes. It's not.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:54 PM 04-22-2015
I will say though, of the LiDAR jammers out there the one that IA_Chief_fan has is a very difficult one to defeat.
[Reply]
KC native 04:26 PM 04-22-2015
Radar still outnumbers LiDAR over 20:1.
LiDAR is becoming more popular because it takes less experience to accurately run one but it's also a lot more expensive to equip patrol cars with.
Fuck. I wish it was that way in DFW. Every traffic department around here uses LiDAR.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 04-22-2015
I will say though, of the LiDAR jammers out there the one that IA_Chief_fan has is a very difficult one to defeat.
Doesn't help me though.:-)

Before someone says maybe you can just drive the speed limit BRC? :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 05:38 PM 04-22-2015
(high five!)
[Reply]
lewdog 02:37 PM 04-23-2015
Meeting someone to test drive my car tonight. Obviously I go with them on drive. Should I also hold their keys while they drive my car? We are meeting in the parking lot of a busy shopping center. I really don't want to be assaulted or raped. Any tips?
[Reply]
KC native 02:40 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Meeting someone to test drive my car tonight. Obviously I go with them on drive. Should I also hold their keys while they drive my car? We are meeting in the parking lot of a busy shopping center. I really don't want to be assaulted or raped. Any tips?
It's all about harm reduction.

Bring lube so they don't tear your asshole when they rape you. Condoms too so you don't get AIDS or hepatitis or some other STD.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:41 PM 04-23-2015
I usually just ride with them that's it. if you have someone follow you there in case they buy it just leave the title with them. Then if they push you out of the car you can just report it stolen lol.

If they are gonna rape you I dont think their car keys are gonna save you.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 03:14 PM 04-23-2015
Clench your buttocks muscles and close your eyes
[Reply]
lewdog 04:20 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I usually just ride with them that's it. if you have someone follow you there in case they buy it just leave the title with them. Then if they push you out of the car you can just report it stolen lol.

If they are gonna rape you I dont think their car keys are gonna save you.
Ok wife is coming and she'll have title. If they buy it what's best place to have title notarized at 6 pm hour? Bank?
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:58 PM 04-23-2015
Ok wife is coming and she'll have title. If they buy it what's best place to have title notarized at 6 pm hour? Bank?
all the banks are gonna be closed at 6pm. If they like the car and give you cash, then you give them the car but NOT the title. Tell them that once the title is notarized, and all the paper work (title work) is done, they can have the title too.

If they are not comfortable with this deal, get a non-refundable deposit (say $100) and tell them you all will have to close the deal tomorrow, when you can finalize the title transfer.

A car is worthless without the title and a car is worthless if the title has problems or issues. So, you have all the power with the title.

(oh, and I will take a personal check when I sell a car, but I won't give anyone the car, nor the title, until the check clears).
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:06 PM 04-23-2015
We don't have to notorize them here. All you really need is signatures unless you bought it way under book.

Not sure about there though
[Reply]
Brock 05:21 PM 04-23-2015
If you have a ups store or a mailbox etc or something like that there's usually a notary there. Any shipping type place.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:15 PM 04-23-2015
Ok good to know. Lewdog home safe with butthole intact! Two nice college students needing a car this weekend for her. They loved it, both drove it and couldn't believe how clean of a car it was for 15 years old. They are looking at 3 cars tomorrow and said they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon and finalize the notarization of the title if they decide to go with my ride. I am asking $5k on Craigslist which is above what the car is worth (but I've put plenty into it) but told them I would go bottom line to $4k for them. I am hoping that sweetens the deal enough for them to take it. I want to get rid of this as it's not fun carrying insurance for 3 cars!
[Reply]
Page 38 of 367
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up