ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 126
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:43 PM 08-07-2014

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 01:50 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by GordonGekko:
Does anyone know if there is going to be a physical threat to Superman in this film? I mean, the whole kryptonite to make him weaker thing I can see Batman doing to even a confrontation, but Superman has to have a legit physical opponent that can potentially bash his brains in for me really get a sense of danger in this movie.
I get what you're saying, and I agree. But ultimately, does it matter? We know he'll figure it out and be fine. There is no real threat to Superman. Or Batman, for that matter.

The other storytelling components have to be better for these to succeed. Because we know, going in, at the end of the day, the heroes will be fine.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:13 PM 08-07-2014
Does anyone know if there is going to be a physical threat to Superman in this film? I mean, the whole kryptonite to make him weaker thing I can see Batman doing to even a confrontation, but Superman has to have a legit physical opponent that can potentially bash his brains in for me really get a sense of danger in this movie.
We've went over it earlier in the thread and the recent promo+comic con clip pretty much confirms it (maybe the details will probably be different but the premise/setup will be similar). In DKR Supes absorbs a bunch of nuclear blasts which result in a sort of nuclear winter where the Sun is completely blotted out (he draws his power from the Sun remember?). So he's in a weaken state when he fights Bats who is in a mech-robo suit ready to put the smack down (in the book this still isn't enough but Bats is able to brawl with him for a bit). This is early Supes so he's not exactly all-powerful anyway.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:25 PM 08-07-2014
So Zod and his homies didn't count?
[Reply]
GordonGekko 07:28 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So Zod and his homies didn't count?
That was last movie. This is BvS. I don't want to see what happened in Superman Returns happen here.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:37 PM 08-07-2014
That was last movie. This is BvS. I don't want to see what happened in Superman Returns happen here.
Exactly. I agree, no need to see that again. Luthor is in this too right? I'm assuming he will be behind the scenes pulling strings somehow?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:34 PM 08-13-2014
Rumors rumors rumors galore from someone who was on set for 10 days...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 06:43 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Rumors rumors rumors galore from someone who was on set for 10 days...
Spoiler!
They're going to try and jam too much $3it into this movie and make it as crappy as the Spiderman flicks...
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:59 PM 08-13-2014
oh god not doomsday please, worst character/story mechanic ever
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:03 PM 08-13-2014
Well, he'd certainly be the "physical threat" some are hoping for..
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:07 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, he'd certainly be the "physical threat" some are hoping for..
We already saw a boring, drawn out and exhausting Supes brawl in Man of Steel..
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:12 PM 08-13-2014
Regardless of the specifics, I think you can count on even more punching this time.
[Reply]
-King- 08:57 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
We already saw a boring, drawn out and exhausting Supes brawl in Man of Steel..
:-)
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:10 AM 08-21-2014
Latest version of the Supes suit.

[Reply]
Valiant 03:20 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Latest version of the Supes suit.

airbrushed leg muscles eh?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 126
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »