ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 452
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Hall of Classics>EPIC FAIL......and other stuff that makes you laugh
ChiefsFanatic 06:32 PM 06-16-2008
Old thread is archived here.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185997

I have seen these in various threads, so I thought we should just put them all together. There are really funny pics out there.
listopencil 10:10 PM 02-25-2013
The Third Weird Baseball Injury Of 2013: Washington Nationals Pitcher Gio Gonzalez Got Rug Burn On His Forehead From His Dog

Sean Newell

Dan Kolko @masnKolko Gio on "Hollwood": "She gave me a rug burn. I hate her. And then I love her. And then I look in her face and then I love her again.”
Psyko Tek 11:17 PM 02-25-2013
no it doesn't.jpg

house was a pussy
Attached:
Mr. Plow 09:07 AM 02-26-2013

Mr. Plow 11:31 AM 02-26-2013

Dr. Gigglepants 02:48 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Yes

/Katie Horner
chefsos 04:33 PM 02-26-2013
headline writer fail

Mr. Plow 04:50 PM 02-26-2013
Fuck you airplanes.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...tected-5519864
chefsos 06:18 PM 02-26-2013
Fuck you airplanes.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...tected-5519864
Originally Posted by :
The pilots quickly descended to a lower altitude with breathable air and landed safely in Yuma, Ariz...

...happy ending...because they didn't anticipate trouble...

...the plane's lap joints along the top of the plane, a spot where two pieces of metal overlap and are joined with rivets and adhesives to form an airtight and watertight seal that allows the cabin to be pressurized.

Each Boeing 737 has dozens of fuselage joints. Based on stresses measured during initial testing and subsequent use in service, the manufacturer, under the watchful eye of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), sets guidelines for inspections and maintenance of these joints. According to the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Southwest followed all the prescribed inspection and maintenance intervals for the 737... Boeing engineers expected these joints to endure 60,000 flight cycles of takeoff and landing before they would need inspections...

...Southwest Airlines markets itself as a young, modern airline... Southwest has among the highest utilization rates in the industry, which is great for keeping fares low and efficiency high... A simple calculation shows that the aircraft from Friday's accident flew an average of more than seven flights per day over its 15 years in service.

...[hell no, we're not saying a damn thing about that plane in Hawai'i!]

...Southwest grounded 80 737s for immediate inspection...while the others returned to work... Boeing built its newer 737s with more rigid lap joints along the top of the plane, so those are not affected by the order.

..."Modern engineers have a solid understanding of the relationship between metal fatigue and cycles," Mann says, thanks to a graph known as the S-N curve, which has been used by aircraft framers, ship builders and train designers since the mid-19th century to measure a piece of metal's expected life based on the stress it endures.

But should you be worried to fly a 737? Not really...thousands of 737s, new and old, take off and land safely every day on every continent except Antarctica. It is the best-selling aircraft of all time and is a workhorse for hundreds of airlines around the world.
Nothing to be afraid of. Here's the text. (I love editing ellipses, BTW)
Mr. Plow 06:39 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by chefsos:
Nothing to be afraid of. Here's the text. (I love editing ellipses, BTW)
Yeah, I know all the stats but I hate flying. I'll do it when absolutely necessary, but I hate it. I'm nervous from take off to touch down. My wife generally makes me drink a few beers before to relax a bit. Doesn't make much of a difference.
chefsos 06:51 PM 02-26-2013
Did you know that a percentage of rivets sometimes just fall apart for no good reason? I'm sure that doesn't include airline rivets, though. Pretty sure anyway.
Pants 07:58 PM 02-26-2013
Yeah, I know all the stats but I hate flying. I'll do it when absolutely necessary, but I hate it. I'm nervous from take off to touch down. My wife generally makes me drink a few beers before to relax a bit. Doesn't make much of a difference.
I'm the same way, man. I love the views, but hate flying at the same time.
Ceej 08:51 PM 02-26-2013
September should be fun. :-)
ThaVirus 10:10 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm the same way, man. I love the views, but hate flying at the same time.
Pussies.

Jk. Flying can be a bit unsettling. Apparently, statistically speaking, its the safest way to travel; but I like my chances of surviving a fender bender over a fucking nosediving 747.
Ceej 10:32 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Pussies.

Jk. Flying can be a bit unsettling. Apparently, statistically speaking, its the safest way to travel; but I like my chances of surviving a fender bender over a ****ing nosediving 747.
Well, if Denzel was piloting the plane....
Mr. Plow 08:16 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by CJizzles:
September should be fun. :-)
ROAD TRIP!
Page 38 of 452
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up