ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 80
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
lewdog 04:20 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Ok. I setup the cancellation for 9/20. He said they are sending me boxes to send the equipment back to them. I may have to go without tv for awhile but it will be worth it in the end right?

Now how long before they call?
Keep me updated. I may bet setting up a cancellation as well and hoping for a call back.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:22 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Keep me updated. I may bet setting up a cancellation as well and hoping for a call back.

I'll post as soon as I get a call.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:38 PM 08-28-2017
Guy just called from Directv.

He offered XTRA package for $51.00/month for a year.

I said no & he said think it over & he'd call me tomorrow.

If he throws in ST I might do it. I'm not sure to approach the $200 Visa gift card without being obvious.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:40 PM 08-28-2017

If he throws in ST I might do it. I'm not sure to approach the $200 Visa gift card without being obvious.
Dang.

So called the same night just like FMB?

Interesting.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:34 PM 08-28-2017
Dang.

So called the same night just like FMB?

Interesting.

Yeah. I'm wondering how much he'll throw my way.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:46 PM 08-28-2017
Frame your response as to your "fuzzy math":-) you came up with that would be close to or about 200$ as to what the competition is offering you that you would get or save to switch to them without mentioning the gift card while acknowledging to them that you really want to stay but the 200$ savings is too good to pass up. Or mention that the competition is giving out 150$ gift cards.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:36 AM 08-29-2017

My suggestion: Why are you concerned with being obvious? Tell them what you want to stay. It's the starting point for negotiation. They'll either agree or they won't. They want to keep a customer, they don't care if you're a greedy prick.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:32 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
My suggestion: Why are you concerned with being obvious? Tell them what you want to stay. It's the starting point for negotiation. They'll either agree or they won't. They want to keep a customer, they don't care if you're a greedy prick.

Good point.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:44 AM 08-29-2017
I cancelled DirecTV early this summer after having it since 1996. The "new" ATT Directv did not want to do anything to my bill since I didn't have ATT cell service, which has no signal where I live... So I cancelled, switched to DISH and saved $60 a month for the exact same service. I actually like DISH once you get used to the channels. The hopper is great. With the above being said and reading these later posts, ATT must have figured out there are more of me finally willing to move so they are offering the deal earlier. 3 weeks ago I started getting the please come back mailers, the latest with a steep discount, Sunday Ticket and $200 gift card if I come back, because they miss me...lol The last thing I will say about DISH, there has been no jacking around with my bill in the last 4 months. It is what it is and will be the same for the 2 year contract, no first year saving and then a giant increase in year 2 and then the game playing. I am looking for other options in case the Chiefs aren't on my local station. However, if you have an ATT phone, DirecTV is a decent deal.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:19 PM 08-30-2017
Calling shortly. My contract is up September 12th.

Let's see how they play.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 08-30-2017
Calling shortly. My contract is up September 12th.

Let's see how they play.
All you have to do is ask them when your contract is up. Once they ask why....tell them that you got a better offer from Dish/Comcast and you're only with DTV for Sunday Ticket. Tell them it's too expensive and you can leave now and save a bunch of money with the other company. When they come back with their first offer.....tell them it's not enough and keep turning it down until they say that's all they can do or you like their offer. I do it EVERY YEAR.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:51 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
All you have to do is ask them when your contract is up. Once they ask why....tell them that you got a better offer from Dish/Comcast and you're only with DTV for Sunday Ticket. Tell them it's too expensive and you can leave now and save a bunch of money with the other company. When they come back with their first offer.....tell them it's not enough and keep turning it down until they say that's all they can do or you like their offer. I do it EVERY YEAR.

Even then, it's not all they can do. Last year I turned him down and asked to set up a cancellation date, and all of a sudden he had more he could give. This year I went through with the cancellation date and lo and behold I got a MUCH better deal from the guy that called me back.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:54 PM 08-30-2017
Ok not bad for 30 minutes worth of talking. She was very nice. Got our bill down to $75 from $95 with no contract. This is for 4 TVs, including two that are movable Genie boxes. Free HBO for 6 months and free NFL Sunday Ticket Max.

Works for me. I could probably get more but I don't want to hassle with it again.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:32 PM 08-30-2017
Ok not bad for 30 minutes worth of talking. She was very nice. Got our bill down to $75 from $95 with no contract. This is for 4 TVs, including two that are movable Genie boxes. Free HBO for 6 months and free NFL Sunday Ticket Max.

Works for me. I could probably get more but I don't want to hassle with it again.

That's pretty good for 40 minutes.

I really don't care for HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz etc...they always go to the movie channels first but have told them that I could care less about them as I'm a sports guy. I'm wondering if I can get all of their sports packages instead of movie channels? He has called twice & I've said nope both times.

I'm shooting for $51/month.
2017 NFL Sunday Ticket
$500 Visa card
No contract
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:38 PM 08-30-2017
That's pretty good for 40 minutes.

I really don't care for HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz etc...they always go to the movie channels first but have told them that I could care less about them as I'm a sports guy. I'm wondering if I can get all of their sports packages instead of movie channels? He has called twice & I've said nope both times.

I'm shooting for $51/month.
2017 NFL Sunday Ticket
$500 Visa card
No contract

You may be pressing your luck by this point. You've talked to him twice and refused. At some point, they're gonna stop calling.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 80
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up