ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 384
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:02 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Just picked up Tank 7 (4 pack bottles) for the first time. I'm excited.
This is an excellent brew that really has some hints of my Alaskan Amber that I loved so much up in Seattle. It's definitely not an Amber, but the fruitiness reminds me of it very much. At $2.80 per 12oz. bottle I won't be drinking it often, but it is absolutely delish.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:27 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Never mail beer. It is a felony. If you want to ship beer you have to do it through FedEx or UPS. It's against company policy to do that, but you can't be criminally charged with anything for violating their policy.
Ah, don't trust this usps here. Figured they would have broken it anyways. UPS woulda been my usual route.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:32 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
This is an excellent brew that really has some hints of my Alaskan Amber that I loved so much up in Seattle. It's definitely not an Amber, but the fruitiness reminds me of it very much. At $2.80 per 12oz. bottle I won't be drinking it often, but it is absolutely delish.
Heh. $11 per 4-pack for that beer: your reaction is "I won't be drinking it often," whereas my reaction is "Holy shit, what a bargain!"
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 08:44 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I've had the Optimator. I like the Ayinger Celebrator a little more, but the Optimator is pretty good.

I've had a Boddington quite a long time ago, and I remember that it had a very creamy luxurious feel to the brew...but the flavor was kinda ordinary - not bad, just kinda unremarkable.
the Dopplebock was ok, I probably wouldn't get it again. A little sweet, toasted taste to it but nothing all that great. The Kona Fire Rock, I've never had it before, nothing special really, just another pale ale and I've had better. The Boddington's I really liked, very creamy and light still, pour it from the can into a glass and you'd think it was just nitrogen dispensed, will get again :-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:08 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool:
the Dopplebock was ok, I probably wouldn't get it again. A little sweet, toasted taste to it but nothing all that great. The Kona Fire Rock, I've never had it before, nothing special really, just another pale ale and I've had better. The Boddington's I really liked, very creamy and light still, pour it from the can into a glass and you'd think it was just nitrogen dispensed, will get again :-)
That's because it was nitrogen dispensed, of sorts. Boddington's comes in a nitro-can. There is liquid nitrogen in there.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:11 PM 11-20-2010
Bought a 4 pack of Dark Truth and a six pack of Winter Lager (for tailgating tomorrow). Haven't tried Dark Truth yet...i'll probably save it for Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:12 PM 11-20-2010
Tonight: Chimay Blue Label. Yum.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:13 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Bought a 4 pack of Dark Truth and a six pack of Winter Lager (for tailgating tomorrow). Haven't tried Dark Truth yet...i'll probably save it for Thanksgiving.
Is Winter Lager (if you've had one yet) as good as last year's?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:15 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Is Winter Lager (if you've had one yet) as good as last year's?
Haven't had one yet...i'll be cracking one open at 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.

But, I doubt i'll notice any differences.
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 10:17 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That's because it was nitrogen dispensed, of sorts. Boddington's comes in a nitro-can. There is liquid nitrogen in there.
oooohhhh

very nice
[Reply]
Miles 11:32 PM 11-20-2010
I have been enjoying Avery's fall seasonal - Old Jubilation lately.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:04 PM 11-26-2010
4 pack of Blvd Dark Truth Stout. I'm hard as a nickel bag of jawbreakers drinking this.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:07 PM 11-26-2010
Where are the boulevard smokestack 4 packs being sold? I'm in Olathe today and want to take a few back to arkansas.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:08 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
4 pack of Blvd Dark Truth Stout. I'm hard as a nickel bag of jawbreakers drinking this.

Good damn stuff. After I TV shop tomorrow Im stopping at Lucas to graze the beer aisles for new finds and old friends. After 27 years with the same TV I deserve to toast it away with good taste and style, right?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:20 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
Where are the boulevard smokestack 4 packs being sold? I'm in Olathe today and want to take a few back to arkansas.
Coleman Liquor corner of 119th & Blackbob. Called and verified they have Tank 7, Dark Truth, and 6th Glass 4-packs. They're open until 11 p.m. today.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 384
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up