ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 52
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
crispystl 04:36 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well....he's met the rest of the defense apparently.
HAHA that's great
jallmon 04:49 PM 03-12-2019
Damn that's funny. :-)

There is a good article about Mathieu by Seth Keysor in The Athletic (which I just subscribed to yesterday):

https://theathletic.com/863949/2019/...s-army-safety/

Sorry if this is q, I missed a big chunk of the posts and haven't caught up.
CasselGotPeedOn 05:37 PM 03-12-2019

Sweet Daddy Hate 06:33 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why would they have played Eric Berry in that game? Seriously? Because our safeties were a fucking disaster the entire season. Our corners didn't even know where to line up half the time (see: Chargers game). You don't know exactly how close Berry is to 100% and you realize that 75-85% Berry is still probably better than Parker (who was basically cut in favor of Berry) and Sorenson. Or how about Josh fucking Shaw?

No one wants to put AFCCG Berry back on the field.

As for your diagnosis of Haglund's and resultant conclusions, I'm glad you've become an internet healthcare professional after multiple moments of deep googling. I'm sure you're much more well-versed than the Chiefs and their medical professionals. You inevitably are better qualified to offer an informed opinion.
Would that be the same crack(smoking) medical squad that got Berry and Houston sideways with the Chiefs over their shitty diagnosis and treatments to begin with, ace?
And that isn't "my" medical opinion, that's the "opinion" of the world-wide medical community. Look it up.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Truth.

For as bad as the Berry situation was, the entire rest of the safety position was worse.

Thank God for Tyrann Mathieu now being a Chiefs. He instantly puts out the fire, now we just need to draft away the rest of the dumpster.
FACT: Chiefs defense played better WITHOUT Hobohaglund29 post-Seattle and prior to his return.
Marcellus 07:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

FACT: Chiefs defense played better WITHOUT Hobohaglund29 post-Seattle and prior to his return.
Not a fact, just a figment of your imagination based off win loss record.

Before Berry came back KC became the first team to ever lose a game when scoring 50 pts.

See how that shit can be misleading? Probably not.
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Love it.
chiefforlife 02:50 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Must have started watching film from last year!!
Chargem 03:12 PM 03-12-2019
Not read the whole thread, but if we are keeping Berry this year I can see this creates a lot of options that Spags will love, both Berry and Honey Badger could blitz, cover, come up against the run, play center field - it lets you hide a lot of things pre snap from a QB.
htismaqe 03:28 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Not read the whole thread, but if we are keeping Berry this year I can see this creates a lot of options that Spags will love, both Berry and Honey Badger could blitz, cover, come up against the run, play center field - it lets you hide a lot of things pre snap from a QB.
What gives you any confidence Berry can do any of those things at this point? He was terrible at the end of last year.
Chargem 03:41 PM 03-12-2019
What gives you any confidence Berry can do any of those things at this point? He was terrible at the end of last year.
I wouldn't say he played terrible. From memory I thought he looked good against LA and then average to above average but easily not himself his other two games. I maintain he was the best safety who played against the Patriots, despite the highlight morons remembering him giving up a catch to Gronk and spouting that he was "owned all game".

And I mean, I don't know anything about his physical situation, but he didn't look "done" to me, and he was better than Sorenson or any of that other shit we trotted out last year. If he's on the roster at the end of the week either the Chiefs think he can play and they are right or they are morons :-)

It's a risk either way.
htismaqe 03:43 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I wouldn't say he played terrible. From memory I thought he looked good against LA and then average to above average but easily not himself his other two games. I maintain he was the best safety who played against the Patriots, despite the highlight morons remembering him giving up a catch to Gronk and spouting that he was "owned all game".

And I mean, I don't know anything about his physical situation, but he didn't look "done" to me, and he was better than Sorenson or any of that other shit we trotted out last year. If he's on the roster at the end of the week either the Chiefs think he can play and they are right or they are morons :-)

It's a risk either way.
He was the slowest person in the secondary against New England. No, he wasn't better than Sorenson, especially not in that game.
Chargem 03:49 PM 03-12-2019
He was the slowest person in the secondary against New England. No, he wasn't better than Sorenson, especially not in that game.
I just looked it up again, Sorenson gave up 75 yards and was so bad in coverage he got targeted 8 times, Berry got targeted 3 times. If he was so slow why didn't he get abused in coverage?

Sorenson also missed 2 tackles that game.

I also just checked the PFF grades, Berry 57.9 Sorenson 47.4. average player is 50 so I'm not really contending he played well, just better than the other shit we had back there
BleedingRed 04:41 PM 03-12-2019
Any one think about Tyranns Punt return ability?
BigRedChief 04:49 PM 03-12-2019
Im really surprised at the Veach hate in this thread. Veach is more responsible for Mahomes being on this team than anyone else. Mahomes has changed everything connected to our team. We have hope. Does anyone doubt that someday Mahones is going to win a SuperBowl in a Chiefs uniform? That deserves a helluva lot longer grace period than 1 fucking year.

And GTFO with that BS that everyone knew Mahomes was going to be great. Veach did. He believed so strongly that he put his job with the Chiefs on the line.
GermanChiefFan 07:00 PM 03-12-2019
Love the signing. He is gonna make Carr cry again.
Page 38 of 52
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up