ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 173
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
jd1020 11:37 AM 11-05-2013
My opinion when it comes to slip-on vs full system depends on what you are doing with the bike.

If you frequently visit the drags/track and are wanting to get every last bit of power out of your bike then get the full system.

If you are simply a street rider then your stock bike has all the power you'll ever need and you'll never notice the 4 or 5 hp gain. Just get the slip-on for sound and save the coin.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:38 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Looks like HD is coming out witha Piglet...
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features and for $6700, it would be interesting for those that ride around the city.
Interesting. I would think their 883's would be the 'entry' market share. but maybe those are even a bit out of some folks' $.
I think if they would offer it at around $6k it would definitely have a lot of appeal.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:38 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
My opinion when it comes to slip-on vs full system depends on what you are doing with the bike.

If you frequently visit the drags/track and are wanting to get every last bit of power out of your bike then get the full system.

If you are simply a street rider then your stock bike has all the power you'll ever need and you'll never notice the 4 or 5 hp gain. Just get the slip-on for sound and save the coin.
pretty much my take too.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:44 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Looks like HD is coming out witha Piglet...
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features and for $6700, it would be interesting for those that ride around the city.
I wonder if this is the first step in HD phasing out the 883/1200 Sporsters?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:46 AM 11-05-2013
I think that may be the case for the 883s; but I Think they'll keep the 1200s (unless they offer them in 1200)

883s seem to be stuck in the middle. They're nearly the same $ as the 1200. I test rode an 883 Iron; and it has plenty of torque down low, but over 55 it was quite a bit under-powered. Definitely a bombing around town bike - which is great for what it is.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:04 PM 11-05-2013
So How does everybody store there bike for the Winter?
My bikes are in a heated garage. I put Stabil in a full tank and start them every three weeks or so.
Right now I have 6 bike in there because everybody knows I am the one with a good heated shop where we can work on them.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:08 PM 11-05-2013
I usually go for one last ride to drain the tank as much as possible, put a little seafoam in it, and hook it up to a tender. I don't start it again til probably march.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I change the oil.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:22 PM 11-05-2013

40 pound loss plus increase in horsepower should definitely be noticeable, not cheap though.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:25 PM 11-05-2013
especially if his fat ass would loose some weight.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Dayze 12:42 PM 11-05-2013
Planned Off-Season additions/mods
-Speedometer relocation / flat bar cover
-Coil/Ignition Key Relocation (near battery/seat)
-Python Mamba 3” slip-ons (Bologna cut)
-2.5” Tank Raise & wire tuck
-Retro Pegs
-High Flo air cleaner
-Fuel Pack
-Relocate front signals from bars to the forks
-Retro Coke Bottle style grips.

Possibly go from 10” to 12” internally wired capabale apes…though I need to find out if the current cable slack will be sufficient. Not sure I’ll screw with it if I need a cable kit. ($$$)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:06 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Planned Off-Season additions/mods
-Speedometer relocation / flat bar cover
-Coil/Ignition Key Relocation (near battery/seat)
-Python Mamba 3” slip-ons (Bologna cut)
-2.5” Tank Raise & wire tuck
-Retro Pegs
-High Flo air cleaner
-Fuel Pack
-Relocate front signals from bars to the forks
-Retro Coke Bottle style grips.

Possibly go from 10” to 12” internally wired capabale apes…though I need to find out if the current cable slack will be sufficient. Not sure I’ll screw with it if I need a cable kit. ($$$)
You gonna put a bigger tank on this bad boy?
[Reply]
Dayze 01:07 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
You gonna put a bigger tank on this bad boy?
Nah. I love the peanut look. and, I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to have a new tank candied.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:13 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Nah. I love the peanut look. and, I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to have a new tank candied.
I love the internally wired ape hangers, such a clean look.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:32 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I love the internally wired ape hangers, such a clean look.
I do too man. I noticed there are options for a complete set already pre-wired, have controls etc. I didn't know they made such a thing. But shit...$$.

If I don't have to put in a cabling/wiring kit for the 12"s, then I'll definitely go that route. But man...hard to find info on these 72s just yet. (in terms of if the cabling is long enough etc).

If I can go internally wired + that speedo relocation to the left side under the tank...I'll love the look even more.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:40 PM 11-05-2013
I usually go for one last ride to drain the tank as much as possible, put a little seafoam in it, and hook it up to a tender. I don't start it again til probably march.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I change the oil.
Generally speaking I think Dayze would be better off with slip-ons, which it looks like he’s going with.
The thing about a full system is they do flow better and will increase an engine’s output but to access that extra power you have to do something Harleys aren’t really known for: spin a lot of RPM’s.
Since Dayze seems more interested in just a better sound and looks slip-ons should do the trick.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 173
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up