ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 379 of 449
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382383389429 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
PHOG 05:25 PM 09-24-2019
:-) Shit we piece yet have this of signed? :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:50 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
:-) Shit we piece yet have this of signed? :-)
No! What the fuck is Bart Vitch doing?!?!?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:19 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
better coverage should also lead to more sacks....but after last weekend, it is pretty evident we could use DL or LB help.
We had terrible coverage last year and got plenty of sacks. In fact, the most in the league.

Still dont understand why they gave draft picks to sign Frank Clark when its cheaper and costs less to just sign Dee Ford. Our pass rush was not the issue last year...but we blamed Dee Ford and Justin Houston anyway for our defensive struggles.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:46 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We had terrible coverage last year and got plenty of sacks. In fact, the most in the league.

Still dont understand why they gave draft picks to sign Frank Clark when its cheaper and costs less to just sign Dee Ford. Our pass rush was not the issue last year...but we blamed Dee Ford and Justin Houston anyway for our defensive struggles.

Because is soft, oft-injured, and a complete liability against the run. He didn’t fit the scheme in the slightest.

He’s also an idiot who cost the team a Super Bowl. Simple.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:48 PM 09-24-2019

My understanding is #Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey is planning to be at the facility tomorrow.

— ig: josinaanderson (@JosinaAnderson) September 25, 2019

[Reply]
BWillie 06:55 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Because is soft, oft-injured, and a complete liability against the run. He didn’t fit the scheme in the slightest.

He’s also an idiot who cost the team a Super Bowl. Simple.
The last point is an emotional one, and I get it. But in a pass happy league...Dee Ford can get to the QB. You can neutralize his run stopping defiences because so often you literally know if the other team is passing or not. Nonetheless I feel they made a mistake of getting rid of BOTH Houston and Ford. We had a very good pass rush last year and so many acted like it was part of our defensive problems.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:56 PM 09-24-2019

[Reply]
tmax63 08:00 PM 09-24-2019
Pass rush wasn't a ****ing problem last year, stopping the run was. Dee Ford would get washed out worse than my driveway after a three inch rain and Houston has never been the same after his injury. Getting lots of sacks didn't get them to the Super Bowl but maybe having a balanced defense will.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:04 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Pass rush wasn't a ****ing problem last year, stopping the run was. Dee Ford would get washed out worse than my driveway after a three inch rain and Houston has never been the same after his injury. Getting lots of sacks didn't get them to the Super Bowl but maybe having a balanced defense will.
So we lost to the Patriots because we couldn't stop their 3.6 ypc? Seems to me they just decimated us on 3rd down by throwing quick passes. Brady is the best there is to neutralize a pass rush because he makes great quick decisions. The only thing that really effects Brady is the pass rush up the middle, not on the ends, because he's not fast enough to buy time to the left and run.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:14 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
At this point I'd just wait and see if Claiborne is enough of an upgrade over Ward.
"enough" rarely wins you a super bowl

We are pretty weak at every level on defense. If Jones and Clark don't start hitting the QB i doubt our defense is good enough to get us to a Super Bowl. We need some impact players on the defensive side of the ball. If Ramsey can create some turnovers it will go a long way.

The price is so damn high though. I don't know if we can afford it.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:14 PM 09-24-2019
Well, the pass rush sure didn't stop Brady on 3 different 3rd and 10's. They ran the ball on their terms, when they wanted if they wanted. Forcing a team to be more 1 dimensional is key in stopping any team. The Chiefs play coverage and they run it down their throats. Try to stop the run and they throw. Being able to slow down the run without committing extra players in the box (like Clark and Okafor do) allows coverage to be maintained.
[Reply]
-King- 08:18 PM 09-24-2019
Well, the pass rush sure didn't stop Brady on 3 different 3rd and 10's. They ran the ball on their terms, when they wanted if they wanted. Forcing a team to be more 1 dimensional is key in stopping any team. The Chiefs play coverage and they run it down their throats. Try to stop the run and they throw. Being able to slow down the run without committing extra players in the box (like Clark and Okafor do) allows coverage to be maintained.
Lol when have Clark and okafor slowed down the run? We're 32nd in ypc allowed.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:34 PM 09-24-2019
Pass rush doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't cover the wrs long enough for the pass rushers to get there. Brady always has a quick route open or a dump-off option to use. Our Dline gets tired because they can never get there fast enough no matter how hard they worked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:34 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Pass rush doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't cover the wrs long enough for the pass rushers to get there. Brady always has a quick route open or a dump-off option to use. Our Dline gets tired because they can never get there fast enough no matter how hard they worked.
Jalen Ramsey isn't coming to KC.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:36 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Jalen Ramsey isn't coming to KC.
Thank you for crushing my dreams. :-)
[Reply]
Page 379 of 449
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382383389429 > Last »
Up