ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 377 of 3903
« First < 277327367373374375376377 3783793803813874274778771377 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 02:55 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Haven't seen you on here in a while.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I've got no qb to pimp for the draft. I am set for next 15 years. :-)

I lurk now...

#tylerbray
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
$1,000 to everyone who qualifies (and what criteria is that beyond don't be a millionaire?) doesn't mean jack even in Kansas City if it costs $3,000 a month for a family of four to live. Sure it'll help everyone who got knocked off their feet for this month but then what about the next?
Government issues another handout.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:57 PM 03-17-2020
Right but assume someone who's last paycheck came Friday and there isn't a next one. Are they hoping for their landlord or mortgage lender to just forget about collecting their due for April and beyond?
No I totally get what you're saying and agree with it. It's not a fix all. All I'm saying is for a lot of folks, something is better than nothing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:57 PM 03-17-2020
Right but assume someone who's last paycheck came Friday and there isn't a next one. Are they hoping for their landlord or mortgage lender to just forget about collecting their due for April and beyond?
If shit hits the fan, the mortgage (and rent) can wait.

Because if your landlord contacts the sheriff to toss you out, the sheriff is gonna tell him to fuck off. Moreover, most courts are closed anyway so how's your landlord going to get the eviction order anyway?

And banks don't want to be in the business of real-estate. If you miss this month's mortgage, they AIN'T gonna foreclose. Not if 1/2 the country is defaulting. Hell, aren't most mortgages held by Fanny and Freddy these days anyway? The fed most assuredly isn't calling them due...

That's why some of these concerns are overblown - the real practical impact will be minimal. Worrying about "how are people gonna make their rent!!?!" is missing the mark. The real worry is "how are people gonna have jobs to go back to in 90 days?"

This plan is missing the problem completely.
[Reply]
Donger 02:57 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
From new studies they are doing they believe the incubation is now 5 days or less.
Median of 5 days, yes.
[Reply]
Fish 02:57 PM 03-17-2020
Ooof...

Indonesian president admits he suppressed data on coronavirus spread

Indonesia’s president admitted over the weekend that he deliberately held back information about the spread of the coronavirus to prevent the public from panicking.

The revelation came as infections spiked to 117 and President Joko Widodo and his cabinet took precautionary Covid-19 tests after the transport minister was diagnosed with the disease.

“We did not deliver certain information to the public because we did not want to stir panic. We have worked hard to overcome this, since the novel coronavirus outbreak can happen regardless of the country border,” the president said, according to the Jakarta Post.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:00 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
No I totally get what you're saying and agree with it. It's not a fix all. All I'm saying is for a lot of folks, something is better than nothing.
And I'm saying it doesn't make sense beyond keeping the hoi polloi quiet for the next day or so. Even the biggest moron will start doing the napkin math and then ask for another $1,000 lump sum ad infinitum which doesn't add up.
[Reply]
TLO 03:01 PM 03-17-2020
I just lost my $1000 at the roulette table. Can I get another $1000 please?
[Reply]
eDave 03:02 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Ooof...

Indonesian president admits he suppressed data on coronavirus spread

Indonesia’s president admitted over the weekend that he deliberately held back information about the spread of the coronavirus to prevent the public from panicking.

The revelation came as infections spiked to 117 and President Joko Widodo and his cabinet took precautionary Covid-19 tests after the transport minister was diagnosed with the disease.

“We did not deliver certain information to the public because we did not want to stir panic. We have worked hard to overcome this, since the novel coronavirus outbreak can happen regardless of the country border,” the president said, according to the Jakarta Post.
I suspect there are others.
[Reply]
TLO 03:04 PM 03-17-2020
If there were ever a time for global warming - this might be it. Can we artificially warm the United States to like 80 degrees with 100% humidity for a month or two and see if that helps?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:04 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If shit hits the fan, the mortgage (and rent) can wait.

Because if your landlord contacts the sheriff to toss you out, the sheriff is gonna tell him to fuck off. Moreover, most courts are closed anyway so how's your landlord going to get the eviction order anyway?

And banks don't want to be in the business of real-estate. If you miss this month's mortgage, they AIN'T gonna foreclose. Not if 1/2 the country is defaulting. Hell, aren't most mortgages held by Fanny and Freddy these days anyway? The fed most assuredly isn't calling them due...

That's why some of these concerns are overblown - the real practical impact will be minimal. Worrying about "how are people gonna make their rent!!?!" is missing the mark. The real worry is "how are people gonna have jobs to go back to in 90 days?"

This plan is missing the problem completely.
Yes but what are the consequences of a non-eviction for unpaid rent or mortgage payment unless the Feds and states impose some sort of blanket moratorium on reporting on defaults or broken leases to credit bureaus and the like for anything done during the duration of this unlimited Virus Crisis?

And I'm with you on the 90 days. Consider a manager or business proprietor who might soon realize they can get by without the services of one or two of their currently furloughed employees in three months? And then factor in that the aforementioned manager isn't exactly alone in making that exact same staffing assessment..
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:05 PM 03-17-2020
Another positive case in Wyco and first death in Jacksom Co.
[Reply]
Donger 03:05 PM 03-17-2020
The details of a study that found the novel coronavirus could remain on contaminated plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to three days has been published in the New England Journal of Medicine as a correspondence to the editor.

The study — funded by the National Institutes of Health — was posted online last week.

For the study, researchers compared the "surface stability" of the novel coronavirus with that of the SARS-CoV-1 virus, which sparked the SARS epidemic that started in 2002.

The researchers found that the novel coronavirus could be detected on...

Copper for up to four hours
Cardboard for up to 24 hours
Plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hours.

Also, the coronavirus could linger in aerosols — the suspension of tiny particles or droplets in the air — for up to three hours, according to the study.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 03:07 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Sorry for your troubles. Best of luck going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I think it will affect us all to some point. As far as rents go Europe suspended payments without penalty for 3 months at least.
I'm sure we will get something similar.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:07 PM 03-17-2020
Meep Meep.
I thoroughly disagree with your entire post.

The government is asking the People to Social Distance, not send their kids to school and in some cases, close down a city and/or county, leaving only essential personnel on the streets.

That's a BIG Ask. But credit to the American people because they are complying with this request.

Now, there are tens of millions that will be impacted by the sudden shutdown of their job, from being laid-off to furloughed to dropped altogether. And while those people will most likely be eligible for Unemployment, an additional $1K-$2K per household will go a long way, not only in terms of meeting their financial requirements but also in participating in what the government is asking of its citizens.

Now, imagine all of those same people without an additional $1k-$2K in their pockets and see how long they're willing to comply.
[Reply]
Page 377 of 3903
« First < 277327367373374375376377 3783793803813874274778771377 > Last »
Up