Page 377 of 449
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381387427 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You can't rent Ramsey when you are giving away a 1 and 2 at the same time...
If he's worth that right now, what would he be worth if he's instrumental in getting the Chiefs a SB?

2 1's?

Trade a 1 and a 2, win a Sb, flip him for 2 1's.

?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem with a 1 and 2 from KC, is just where those picks are gonna be. Those are at the back ass end of the rounds. So essentially, it could be looked at like basically a 2nd and a 3.

I just can't see that being enough.
Ogbah, Tanoh (this years version), Jones, Hardman, Thornhill. All 2nd rd picks I’d take for 5 years on cheap salary. OL is very good value in that area too. You could replace LDT and save a lot of money.

It’s been posted before, but the 2020 corner class is apparently really good and deep to boot.

Doing this gives you the freedom to keep young, cheap talent and still spend in FA...like on the best FA corner class we’ve seen in quite awhile.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ogbah, Tanoh (this years version), Jones, Hardman, Thornhill. All 2nd rd picks I’d take for 5 years on cheap salary. OL is very good value in that area too. You could replace LDT and save a lot of money.

It’s been posted before, but the 2020 corner class is apparently really good and deep to boot.

Doing this gives you the freedom to keep young, cheap talent and still spend in FA...like on the best FA corner class we’ve seen in quite awhile.
I wouldn't spend on a CB in free agency if i'm not targeting Ramsey. Just draft and develop your own.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:45 AM 09-24-2019
If he's worth that right now, what would he be worth if he's instrumental in getting the Chiefs a SB?

2 1's?

Trade a 1 and a 2, win a Sb, flip him for 2 1's.

?

Rent is the wrong word...Ramsey, if traded, will get a new deal. This deal would likely make him the highest paid corner. That will make him harder to trade, especially if he is still very good, but not great. This then would be at the expense of Jones and interior dominant DL are paid more than elite corners for a reason. We have a great window, and call me greedy, but one superbowl with Mahomes would be a disappointment. I don't want to waste future instant gratification that is not guaranteed. Right now we have a really good shot at the big one, Ramsey moves that needle further, but not by enough, IMO, to over pay for his service at the expense of Jones/future years.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 09-24-2019
Multiple superbowls and dynasties in the NFL are just really fucking hard.

I'll win 1 first. Then we can start worrying about that.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:53 AM 09-24-2019
Do we know yet, did he practice/show up to the facility today?
[Reply]
Warrick 11:56 AM 09-24-2019
Pay Chris Jones. Veach hasn't even invested in a CB in the top of the draft... Why do people still think the Chiefs will give up that much capital and put the best DT on the chopping block over Mcdouche Ramsey?
[Reply]
Strongside 11:56 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Do we know yet, did he practice/show up to the facility today?
Haven’t seen anything yet.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:14 PM 09-24-2019
The real question here...is how much the caps going to jump with the new CBA.

Could the Chiefs get out in front of it?

If it increases dramatically...KC could pay both Jones and Ramsey.

They have $29 million in space... IIRC.

They could backload Mahomes...and take a light hit for the first 2 years.

It's SB or bust this year...ask Marino.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:17 PM 09-24-2019
The thing I love about having Jones and Clark both is it’s really allowing us to get productivity out of cheap guys elsewhere. Ogbah notched 9 pressures Sunday for example.

But if one of those guys gets hurt you’re in real trouble.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:34 PM 09-24-2019
Neither Ramsey or Peterson will get traded and that's why the Chiefs were in on Fitzpatrick
[Reply]
BossChief 12:46 PM 09-24-2019
For this season, probably.

Going forward a few seasons, Ramsey makes more sense if that's what they want to do.

Again, this would 100 percent mean the loss of Chris Jones though.
Wrong
[Reply]
BossChief 12:52 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you’re building this team to beat NE, you could argue that CB isn’t a huge need.

But at the same time a legit CB could allow you to put an extra body in the box more.
If we are building a long term powerhouse squad, we need to build around what Mahomes brings.

Kelce, Hardman and Hill will be here the next 3 seasons, so we’re going to score a ton. Just need a defense to limit how much scoring the offense will need to win. That means having a pass defense that’s opportunistic and a front 7that can limit the running game.

They have invested in every part of that equation except long term at corner.

Adding the best cover guy in the league long term means we can focus on other areas to help the team win and with these high quality safeties on the roster long term, that means adding a guy like Ramsey/Howard/PP limits what everyone else needs to do to Simon defense.

Imo getting one of those guys could be the catalyst towards winning multiple superbowls.
[Reply]
threebag 01:08 PM 09-24-2019
Ward will be fine. He is going to be great.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:10 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Ward will be fine. He is going to be great.
Needs to learn to bat down the ball
[Reply]
Page 377 of 449
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381387427 > Last »
Up