ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 376 of 3903
« First < 276326366372373374375376 3773783793803864264768761376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
didnt they kick everyone a check a couple years ago for somethng?

yeah, I remember overhearing this lady at walmart

"he gona gimme mah stimu-yus check and I'ma buy that there teevee"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
bad news is that often it has a 2 week incubation plus it takes a while after that for someone to get sick enough to go downhill and die

people don't just catch it and die the next day

at least we don't look like Italy yet - what in the effing eff is up with that place?
Not according to most of what we're seeing now.

3-5 days incubation is being more and more accepted. It's not taken as fact just yet, but it's where people are trending.

Italy appears to be starting to see a trend-down in its contraction rates (unless new stuff emerged today) and that coincides with their lockdown 5 days ago. Even before that data point came in, more science was suggesting 3-5 days and as corroborating evidence, that's a REALLY strong data point.

Everything's changing faster than I can absorb it, but it does seem like maybe the incubation period on this is shorter than we initially believed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
RIP Fournette
[Reply]
BWillie 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
bad news is that often it has a 2 week incubation plus it takes a while after that for someone to get sick enough to go downhill and die

people don't just catch it and die the next day

at least we don't look like Italy yet - what in the effing eff is up with that place?
I've been reading that alot of people feel like they have the cold, then they feel like they have the flu, then they feel a bit better and then wham. Pneumonia and death.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
From new studies they are doing they believe the incubation is now 5 days or less.
I type fast but I talk too much.

So...this.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:46 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
From new studies they are doing they believe the incubation is now 5 days or less.
Man, I hope this is true.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:46 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, to my eyes that's just backwards. It's populist (to be generous) and does little to truly calm things.

That approach will GET people laid off. You want to prevent layoffs, back loans. And if companies get them but then don't need them, they'll pay 'em back. If they need 'em but the economy comes out as hot as many expect when this passes, they'll recover significant chunks of those losses as things improve and can pay them back over a reasonably short period of time.

But you have to give businesses the confidence that there will be banks willing to stand behind them. And to do that you have to signal the banks that the government will stand behind them.
I disagree and this is why I thought the shutting down on businesses was a bad idea. This was surely the next step. Most folks live paycheck to paycheck. You can't force them out of work then not pay them.

It's crazy how Trump just took Andrew Yang's idea and put this in place. What will the Burney Bros say now?
[Reply]
TLO 02:47 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I read an article about it earlier where someone had a hypothesis about it - let me try and find it again..
https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-...italy-so-hard/
[Reply]
eDave 02:48 PM 03-17-2020
Glad I'm not the only one.

Like I said, it seems to be pure populism and 100% politically motivated. This does NOTHING to impact the underlying fundamentals and the overarching impacts of this thing on our economy.
It's not going to win my vote.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've been reading that alot of people feel like they have the cold, then they feel like they have the flu, then they feel a bit better and then wham. Pneumonia and death.
See and I wonder if simple awareness will bring that 'incubation rate' down. If maybe that's what initially had us at 10-14 days.

Because at 5 days they had a cough and a slight fever and thought nothing of it. So they didn't do anything and they slowly kicked the fever. But then their system was overwhelmed, started losing the fight and by days 9-10 they were in significant distress.

That's just the nature of viral illness. You get it, you feel some crap, your body responds and attacks. You start to feel better and if your body wins the fight, that's that. You keep felling better and join the ranks of the recovered. Yippee!!! But if your body goes through its first wave, you feel better, and then the body starts to LOSE the fight, you backslide into the critical category and shit hits the fan.

When they report feeling like shit on day 10, that's the birth of a "10 day incubation period!!!". It also makes sense because only the more serious cases (those that didn't win with the first wave) were being reported and intensely studied. Now that awareness has shifted strongly upward, people are reporting fever/cough earlier in and suddenly we're noticing that this thing is surfacing MUCH faster - people just didn't realize what they were being hit with.

We're gonna beat this thing. I think we'll beat it faster than we realize. But I really hope we get a better stimulus package in the interim.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 03-17-2020
Makes you wonder wtf is going to be lert of this economy

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...-to-warehouses
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:52 PM 03-17-2020
Glad I'm not the only one.

Like I said, it seems to be pure populism and 100% politically motivated. This does NOTHING to impact the underlying fundamentals and the overarching impacts of this thing on our economy.
I go further than that.

$1,000 to everyone who qualifies (and what criteria is that beyond don't be a millionaire?) doesn't mean jack even in Kansas City if it costs $3,000 a month for a family of four to live. Sure it'll help everyone who got knocked off their feet for this month but then what about the next?

Airline and cruise line bailout? How do they take precedence when we could be looking at real disruption in typical Monday to Friday, 8 to 6 business operations, then factoring in the effect an increase in unemployment and then factor a sudden absence of tax revenues in cities or states that already have budget problems.

This is why I made the Wile E. Coyote reference earlier in the thread: it seems like we've run off the cliff that was our way of life but we're still just chugging along like we're running at full speed after the Roadrunner.

Meep Meep.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:53 PM 03-17-2020
yeah, I remember overhearing this lady at walmart

"he gona gimme mah stimu-yus check and I'ma buy that there teevee"
God bless her. And her TV. And the hemorrhoids she got sitting there watching her said TV.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:54 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Or buy a bunch of food, or?
Right but assume someone who's last paycheck came Friday and there isn't a next one. Are they hoping for their landlord or mortgage lender to just forget about collecting their due for April and beyond?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:54 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
All bars and nightclubs close by 8 pm i think it is. Restaurants have to cut capacity to 50% and will be set lower shortly. My wife manages a salon and with the amount of elderly people that come in they are effectively shut down due to the close contact needed.

My work is in people's homes, people who want to isolate from others. It's the right thing to do but it's going to hurt.

I'm also going to be dropping my rate to help those who are also affected once it's over.
Sorry for your troubles. Best of luck going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 376 of 3903
« First < 276326366372373374375376 3773783793803864264768761376 > Last »
Up