ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 375 of 3903
« First < 275325365371372373374375 3763773783793854254758751375 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:39 PM 03-17-2020
The payment Mnuchin floated today makes no sense to me beyond keeping people quiet for a 1-2 day stretch of time.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:39 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm going to the roulette table with my free $1000.

31. Black.
Or you can sign up for a new Bovada account through me as an affiliate and get free money. Coronavirus special.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 02:39 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Best case of peak will be in 2-3 weeks from now.
:-)

I think I get worse anxiety sitting at home not knowing how long this is going to last more than I do being out an about in crowds at this point.
[Reply]
loochy 02:40 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Good news bad news...

bad news is the cases and death toll are increasing as we expected

The good news (sorta) is the mortality rate is now down to 1.67% in the US which is the lowest it has been

bad news is that often it has a 2 week incubation plus it takes a while after that for someone to get sick enough to go downhill and die

people don't just catch it and die the next day

at least we don't look like Italy yet - what in the effing eff is up with that place?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
ive had calls from my Respiratory Therapist buddies back in KC to see if I still have an active license to operate ventilators(it’s expired). They were asking if it gets bad and the state allows exceptions, would I come back for the crisis to help out. Guess everyone is exploring really bad options if everything goes to shit.
Good. That's exactly what we should do. That's the 'surge capacity' I've been harping on.

You, as a trained respiratory technician (of some sort) and my wife as a person w/ over a decade in nursing and advanced degrees and a bunch of fun initials after her name are not considered as part of our capacity right now.

But man, you are. So is she. Rosie the Riveter didn't know shit about building liberty ships until commerce raiders started sinking 'em. Suddenly she learned real fast.

We'll do the same, but planning is critical. Planning. Not wild stabs in the dark before we get a real understanding of what will be needed and where, but being prepared.
[Reply]
loochy 02:41 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

I think I get worse anxiety sitting at home not knowing how long this is going to last more than I do being out an about in crowds at this point.

This is the case for me as well
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The payment Mnuchin floated today makes no sense to me beyond keeping people quiet for a 1-2 day stretch of time.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Like I said, it seems to be pure populism and 100% politically motivated. This does NOTHING to impact the underlying fundamentals and the overarching impacts of this thing on our economy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:42 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
bad news is that often it has a 2 week incubation plus it takes a while after that for someone to get sick enough to go downhill and die

at least we don't look like Italy yet - what in the effing eff is up with that place?

From new studies they are doing they believe the incubation is now 5 days or less.
[Reply]
TLO 02:42 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:

I read an article about it earlier where someone had a hypothesis about it - let me try and find it again..
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:42 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I watched the entire press conference this morning.

The POTUS and Mnunchin both said that "Millionaires" won't receive checks and that there will be a cutoff but that most Americans will receive $1,000 dollars to spend at will.

Mnuchin didn't clarify but if going by his words, if each American worker is given $1,000 dollars, meaning that two income households receive $2,000 dollars, it should ease some of the unrest.

It's a bold move and from my recollection, the first of its kind, which again proves that not only is the country not prepared for a pandemic but that we're facing something completely unprecedented.

Let's just hope that we can learn from this situation because I highly doubt this will be the last time.
didnt they kick everyone a check a couple years ago for somethng?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:43 PM 03-17-2020

Haven't seen you on here in a while.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
loochy 02:43 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
From new studies they are doing they believe the incubation is now 5 days or less.

That's actually wonderful news
[Reply]
BWillie 02:43 PM 03-17-2020

As an introvert, I've been training for this moment for my entire life.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
$1,000 per head might cover one month's worth of rent or mortgage.
Or buy a bunch of food, or?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, at some point my econ minor from 15 years ago runs out of usable discussion w/r/t theory. But I can tell you right this very minute that if my bank, who has backed us through some ROUGH times, were to call me and say "Hey Nut, I've got a federally backed loan for $600K that we'll plow into a line of credit extension if you can be here today to sign it. Does that do anything to ease your mind?"

I wouldn't even hear anything after 'here' because I'd be running to my truck to get my ass downtown and sign the loan.

And I think there's a 50% shot I won't even need it, but if I don't I'll just pay it back in June/July. And I'll tell all my people "hey guys, we got this so everyone calm down and if you need to take a day or two away to re-set with your families, get it done..."

I cannot overstate how important that would be for me as a business owner and I think anyone sitting in a chair that looks anything like mine right now would scream LOUDLY in agreement with me.

This is beyond theory - this is me doing runway calculations and revenue projections for the next six weeks (knowing full well I'm pulling them from my ass) right this very second.

I'll sleep more soundly than I have in a couple of weeks if we can just get some damn backing for businesses that isn't "well mail money to your employees and give you a tax credit in 11 months..."

Because that does fuck-all for keeping my office's lights on.
yep, that would make me feel a lot better too.
[Reply]
Page 375 of 3903
« First < 275325365371372373374375 3763773783793854254758751375 > Last »
Up