Page 374 of 449
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378384424 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
If this talk about the Chiefs truly being solely focused on PP is true, then you have to completely question their decision making.

The Cardinals have been adamant, as recent as last week, that they have no interest in trading Peterson. If the Chiefs don't improve the position because they're holding out hope that AZ's stance will change, then that's ignorant af.

It's never dating because you're hoping a pretty girl you saw on the Subway once's marriage falls apart someday.
I'd imagine they've got their feelers out on everything in the secondary.

Peterson makes sense because he's under contract, is older so won't need a new one ideally and won't cost as much.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:35 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chadiha one that was JUST posted a couple pages back along with what Terez has said.
They can say that all they want, but the fact remains that he IS NOT AVAILABLE.

This is, literally, from last week:

Originally Posted by :
“We’re not trading Pat and that’s something we’ve been very consistent with,” Cardinals GM Keim said, via AZCardinals.com. “When you look at the kind of player Pat is and I think arguably he’s the best corner in the National Football League, all you have to do is say, ‘Does this make our team better or worse?’ I think to lose someone like Pat Peterson would make us worse.”
They can say he makes more sense, sure. But does coveting an unattainable player REALLY make sense?
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 09-24-2019
I told you what Chadiha said.

The Chiefs think the Cards are saying that trying to drive up the price and that they'll eventually make him available.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:42 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

The Chiefs think the Cards are saying that trying to drive up the price and that they'll eventually make him available.
And maybe they will.

But if they don't, and the deadline passes with the Chiefs having passed up other opportunities to improve at the position because they were holding onto a false hope, then...yeah.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:42 AM 09-24-2019

Their GM is a dipshit so trying to think what he's going to do is risky as fuck.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:45 AM 09-24-2019
Thank God Veach has learned to be patient instead of getting tunnel vision and getting rid of extremely valuable picks for overpriced risky investments.

The Jags want an insane haul for Jalen Ramsey. Thank God Veach isn’t being stupid enough to fall for it.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:45 AM 09-24-2019
Being 0-7-1 at the trade deadline could change their (Cardinals) tune as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:46 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Because he’s not only an elite corner, he takes young players under his wing and teaches them how to be a pro.

Same with Clark and why he overpaid him and wouldn’t take no for an answer when trading for him over other options.
Uh, except there's a very real possibility he falls off to a significant degree.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 09-24-2019
And maybe they will.

But if they don't, and the deadline passes with the Chiefs having passed up other opportunities to improve at the position because they were holding onto a false hope, then...yeah.
It's all about value though. You can't just get crazy.

They don't HAVE to have one right now. The deadline is a ways off. Just let it play out I guess.

I don't know what other opportunities are out there. I don't think giving up 2 firsts and the highest paid CB deal for Ramsey is really on the table anyway, so it is what it is.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:51 AM 09-24-2019
They don't need anything on offense. Just stay healthy/get healthy there and keep rolling.

I would love to have Ramsey, but an upgrade over Xavier Williams wouldn't be a terrible idea.
I, too, have noticed that Xavier Williams has been terrible. Would love to see the rookie take his spot.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:52 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Jones wants the splash plays and doesn’t play technically sound.Someone from PFF posted that he leads the league in missed tackles. I’m a big fan, but if you want to get paid the kind of $ he wants, you have to wrap up and finish plays.

There’s a reason teams run right up the middle on us.
Sounds quite a bit like a “top” corner we punted recently.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:57 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Sounds quite a bit like a “top” corner we punted recently.
on the field maybe... He seems to be a good team mate and quite normal in the locker room... unlike the "top" corner we punted, who turned out not to be a "top" corner...:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:58 AM 09-24-2019
If this talk about the Chiefs truly being solely focused on PP is true, then you have to completely question their decision making.

The Cardinals have been adamant, as recent as last week, that they have no interest in trading Peterson. If the Chiefs don't improve the position because they're holding out hope that AZ's stance will change, then that's ignorant af.

It's never dating because you're hoping a pretty girl you saw on the Subway once's marriage falls apart someday.
It sounds to me that the Chiefs are exploring their options. They may be most interested in PP but it has been reported that they were very interested in Ramsey, as well. Did they not put in an offer on Jalen? I don't have a problem with them being smart and not giving up the farm for him.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:01 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

I'd hedge on Claiborne first ...the trade deadline isn't until late October.

He made an outstanding pass break up in the endzone....

Huh?
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 09-24-2019
They like Ramsey more. Why wouldn't they?

But this isn't all about who's better, it's more complex.
[Reply]
Page 374 of 449
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378384424 > Last »
Up