ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3733 of 4909
« First < 2733323336333683372337293730373137323733 373437353736373737433783383342334733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:34 PM 12-29-2022
And regarding all that hard work and effort...

Look, I'm not saying I'm a professional athlete, but I was trained in a music conservatory. There were two types of musicians. The ones who locked themselves in a practice room for 5+ hours per day and walked around as tight asses with rods up their butts, and the ones who practiced around 2ish hours per day and smoked weed. Guess who the most brilliant performers were. No, not the 5-hour practicers.

It's not quantity, it's quality. That's all that matters when you're developing and building upon a skill. Russ spends all that fucking time with his knee-highs and in the film room, but there's quite obviously a disconnect between his work and the product on the field. He's not applying what he sees to how he plays on gameday, which means he needs to make his practice more effective and efficient.

What I'm guessing is he's film rooming it and planning to run something he doesn't have the skill to accomplish. And I'm also guessing he sits in the film room and doesn't study, learn, or break down the ACTUAL important shit. Like, say... oh, I don't know.... learning how to audible with the terminology his Broncos teammates will know instead of the shit he had in Seattle!

I tried to tell you this in the offseason. Part of being a true "grinder" in your work ethic is doing it in such a way that it's your normal routine. As soon as you take the mindset of, "God, look at how hard I work. I need to show people and tell people and make sure everybody knows what I'm doing!" then that hard work becomes more and more of a chore-- it's less intrinsic motivation and more of extrinsic rewards by believing you're being paid attention to and fawned over. And you, Mark Klit, and all of the Denver media whackos fed into that ego monster that is your overpaid QB.

I challenge you to find me a Mahomes tweet where he pats himself on the back for going to work and watching film. I challenge you to find me one for Allen, Herbert, and Burrow, too. When you fail to find one post of theirs on social media, then ask yourself the question why that is and whether that MIGHT play a role in why they're the kings of the QB position in the NFL and Russ is viewed as less valuable to a franchise than fucking Baker Mayfield and Jared Goff.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:52 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
Then explain the 4 win season. Explain why your team isn't playing hard for him. Explain why your O line won't even help him off the ground...

You said Hackett was a brilliant mind, so no you don't get to blame coaching.

How bad is Paton?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:54 PM 12-29-2022
Quesadilla Cope, would you undo the Russell Wilson trade/extension right now if you could?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:56 PM 12-29-2022
That work has paid off for him for a decade in the NFL.

His issues this year are caused by things that are out of his control. If we can improve the playcalling/scheme on offense, add some pieces to the OL and be moderately healthy - Russ should be back to his old self next year.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:57 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Quesadilla Cope, would you undo the Russell Wilson trade/extension right now if you could?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
staylor26 02:01 PM 12-29-2022

His issues this year are caused by things that are out of his control. If we can improve the playcalling/scheme on offense, add some pieces to the OL and be moderately healthy - Russ should be back to his old self next year.

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:02 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
No. The vast majority of our problems can be fixed with better coaching and by staying healthy.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:04 PM 12-29-2022
You forgot huddling them up
[Reply]
RunKC 02:06 PM 12-29-2022

The Broncos are in the same place we were with Alex Smith and Matt Cassel and I love it.

“Maybe we can get a coach to help this piece of shit look better”.

You have no chance against us with a limited QB
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:08 PM 12-29-2022

You and Perna treat “playcalling” like it’s a magic fix-all.

Yes, there are ineffective coaches and coordinators in the game, but the guys you’ve had aren’t 4-win bad especially if you’ve got “ALL THAT TALENT”

Russ was bad. You saw it and we saw it. The whole world saw it. Unless you get a coach who cuts the nuts off Russ and turns him into a 3rd string “let’s just try to get through this game” kind of QB, that’s the only way coaching is going to fix him in a meaningful way
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:09 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Broncos are in the same place we were with Alex Smith and Matt Cassel and I love it.

“Maybe we can get a coach to help this piece of shit look better”.

You have no chance against us with a limited QB
That limited QB would've beaten you last time we played had he not gotten a concussion. He would've done it without Courtland Sutton, Javonte Williams, Tim Patrick, KJ Hamler, Garrett Bolles, Lloyd Cushenberry, Dalton Risner and Billy Turner too.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:10 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You and Perna treat “playcalling” like it’s a magic fix-all.

Yes, there are ineffective coaches and coordinators in the game, but the guys you’ve had aren’t 4-win bad especially if you’ve got “ALL THAT TALENT”

Russ was bad. You saw it and we saw it. The whole world saw it. Unless you get a coach who cuts the nuts off Russ and turns him into a 3rd string “let’s just try to get through this game” kind of QB, that’s the only way coaching is going to fix him in a meaningful way
Manning and Brady went to new schemes and thrived. Russ on the other hand gets a pass because of scheme. Guess he’s not as unliiiiiiiimited as he claims.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 12-29-2022
It's not that the chef can't cook anymore! He just needs a better manager!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:18 PM 12-29-2022
That limited QB would've beaten you last time we played had he not gotten a concussion. He would've done it without Courtland Sutton, Javonte Williams, Tim Patrick, KJ Hamler, Garrett Bolles, Lloyd Cushenberry, Dalton Risner and Billy Turner too.
Yeah I remember saying this when we almost beat you with Manning multiple times while he was still good.

Except we didn’t and you didn’t.

Moral victories! Hang that banner!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:19 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Manning and Brady went to new schemes and thrived. Russ on the other hand gets a pass because of scheme. Guess he’s not as unliiiiiiiimited as he claims.
Manning ran his scheme. Brady had Bruce Arians. Russ was stuck with Nathaniel Hackett and Justin Outten. They also didn't have the injury issues that the Broncos have had this year. The Bucs have dealt with some injuries this year and Brady isn't looking so hot.
[Reply]
Page 3733 of 4909
« First < 2733323336333683372337293730373137323733 373437353736373737433783383342334733 > Last »
Up