ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3720 of 4911
« First < 2720322036203670371037163717371837193720 372137223723372437303770382042204720 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
DomCasual 01:16 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Knowmo is a clown and doesn’t get it. He will still bow the knee at the alter of Paton despite evidence otherwise. I’m just the last two years he has

1. Traded Von for peanuts.
2. Hired Hackett in a vain attempt to get Rodgers.
3. Drafted Surtain instead of Fields because he believed in Lock who he traded
4. Gave up a kings ransom in players (including the aforementioned Lock), picks, and contract for an overrated QB who is hated by almost everyone to include his teammates. Said QB has after 15 games……12 TD passes. Same QB led the valiant Broncos to 4 wins so far and just got butt raped by the 4-10 Rams who are starting a QB who was there only three weeks and was on team 3 in the same calendar year. It was so bad that Nickelodeon mocked them.
5. Traded their only pass rusher left for a late first rounder to recoup a pick lost in the awful Wilson trade.
6. Did such a poor job building this “loaded” Top 5 roster that it is incapable of overcoming a few injuries. This roster late in the year was not even averaging 14 points a game which was the lowest in decades.
7. Gave big money to Randy Gregory who was out since week 4, came back, got pulled twice in the same game and is now facing a suspension.

Genius GM there and only morons and trolls would think otherwise.
Paton definitely needs to go. I was optimistic about him. But it’s hard to argue with some of the things you mentioned.

My guess is that a decision has already been made. It had been made with Hackett, too. It’s just that the dumpster fire that was yesterday accelerated it by two weeks.

My hope is that Russell Wilson has enough pride to commit himself this offseason, and enough humility to realize that his way is flawed (obviously). I’m not holding my breath. But I’m hoping. He’s a smart guy. There was a point in the Panthers game - when we were on like the 14th play in the red zone, trying to get a pity touchdown - that I thought he looked truly broken. Mentally broken. What’s that saying about a man looking into the abyss?
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:56 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Paton definitely needs to go. I was optimistic about him. But it’s hard to argue with some of the things you mentioned.

My guess is that a decision has already been made. It had been made with Hackett, too. It’s just that the dumpster fire that was yesterday accelerated it by two weeks.

My hope is that Russell Wilson has enough pride to commit himself this offseason, and enough humility to realize that his way is flawed (obviously). I’m not holding my breath. But I’m hoping. He’s a smart guy. There was a point in the Panthers game - when we were on like the 14th play in the red zone, trying to get a pity touchdown - that I thought he looked truly broken. Mentally broken. What’s that saying about a man looking into the abyss?
Evidence for the bolded?
[Reply]
TEX 06:31 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
Cant wait to watch you get "Aaron Rodgered" again on this one. :-)
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:57 AM 12-27-2022
This idea of Sean Payton being some kind of savior - not just for the Broncos but anyone - is actually hilarious. He's just a very good HC who managed 1 ring with 15 years of HOF QB play, and absolutely nothing without said QB play.

I'd be very happy if they shipped draft picks for him. Not that I think they will. It's hard to see anyone doing it. Maybe a team with a young QB if they think he's some kind of whisperer. But even then.

But as we all know, frankly this is just a bunch of irrelevant noise. The Broncos problem is the 1/4 billion mistake. And will be for a few years to come.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:41 AM 12-27-2022
I don't get all the Sean Payton hype. As CS outlined, the dude was able to get one SB out of a hall of fame QB in 15 seasons...is he comparable to Chucky, who really only had the one SB because he inherited an amazing defense, and after that season the team began to look like shit? Maybe not, at least the Saints always looked good and competitive, but I don't think of it as a Sean Payton thing as much as a Drew Brees thing.

Whatever...he ain't gonna go to Dungver. Their situation is just a complete catastrophe...he's not gonna want to deal with that shit. But even if he did, I would only be mildly alarmed. That dump needs so much more than just a head coach...they need an entire cleansing, a rebuild of the whole team from top to bottom, a willingness to just suck while building something...I don't see them being able to do that at all.

...and it's glorious...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:19 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This idea of Sean Payton being some kind of savior - not just for the Broncos but anyone - is actually hilarious. He's just a very good HC who managed 1 ring with 15 years of HOF QB play, and absolutely nothing without said QB play.

I'd be very happy if they shipped draft picks for him. Not that I think they will. It's hard to see anyone doing it. Maybe a team with a young QB if they think he's some kind of whisperer. But even then.

But as we all know, frankly this is just a bunch of irrelevant noise. The Broncos problem is the 1/4 billion mistake. And will be for a few years to come.
Sean Payton is a hell of a coach. Keep in mind Andy Reid won zero super bowls. I think he coached a great team with a hof qb who was not good playing outside dome like conditions.

But this is all a pipe dream. I can’t imagine Payton wants to deal with this russel Wilson mess. And it assumes fangio will want to return to the team that fired him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 12-27-2022
Payton will be the rams coach next year
[Reply]
tooge 08:24 AM 12-27-2022

So, to sum up these three paragraphs from you.

I was wrong
Y'all were right
I was wrong
[Reply]
tredadda 08:28 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
The only realistic option is to design an offense around his skills, which are not the same skills Aaron Rodgers possesses, to the surprise of no one except Hackett.
So you mean like not scheming people open across the middle of the field? It’s clear Russ doesn’t like to throw there. I honestly think the two biggest issues with the Broncos were your awful GM (and who surprisingly still has a job) and your QB who’s skills have declined dramatically. But your HC was the easiest and most low hanging fruit to be rid of.
[Reply]
neech 08:49 AM 12-27-2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:52 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Payton will be the rams coach next year
McVay has taken them to two SB's and won one.

You're smoking crack.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:57 AM 12-27-2022

I do believe that the GM has many responsibilities, but two critical ones that they MUST get right. That is the HC and QB. Every GM is going to screw up from time to time on FAs and draft picks, but they should be judged and be held accountable for those two decisions more than any other. Paton has failed miserably on those. I struggle to see how in his tenure the Broncos improved.

When you draft as high as Denver has you should have impact players. They got Surtain who is really good, but that’s it. He put a CB ahead of a franchise QB which is honestly a fireable offense. When one of your biggest rivals has beaten you 14 straight times (and counting) and has built a better roster while drafting much, much lower each year is embarrassing. I might be in the minority here but I believe that Hackett would have been more successful had he been given more time and a QB more willing to buy in to his system.

It will be interesting to see if Russ will have the humility to improve. He’s essentially set for life and doesn’t seem very humble. Of all the houses he could have gotten, he bought the most expensive one in Colorado. Not saying he doesn’t deserve it, but it does speak volumes to what he feels about himself. Couple that with what looks like him caring about his brand and I wonder how much football matters to him anymore. It appears that he is looking long term towards life post football and as such he probably sees this as his last big payday. It’s telling that his line doesn’t help him up after a sack and the players seem to avoid him outside of when they have to be around him. Former teammates seem almost gleeful watching him fail and that’s also telling. All this tells me is that he’s most likely not looking to improve and because of his contract the team will cater to him and find a coach that fits Russ more than getting the best one for the team. Russ might make the HOF and at this point, the fire that he had as a third round pick trying to prove himself is gone and he is content where he is.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:01 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:

Yup. Payton is a good coach, but he is no Lombardi. He is overrated by far too many and he’s not the savior people think he is. I can’t imagine him wanting to come to Denver (outside of a Gruden like salary) knowing he has to face KC and LA twice a year. If he cares about his legacy he will look elsewhere.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:03 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sean Payton is a hell of a coach. Keep in mind Andy Reid won zero super bowls. I think he coached a great team with a hof qb who was not good playing outside dome like conditions.

But this is all a pipe dream. I can’t imagine Payton wants to deal with this russel Wilson mess. And it assumes fangio will want to return to the team that fired him.
Andy did far more with far less. To compare McNabb and the other Philly QBs with Brees is ridiculous.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:07 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
McVay has taken them to two SB's and won one.

You're smoking crack.
And he almost retired after that SB win. This season might accelerate him leaving. I could see Kroenke shelling out good money for Payton and if they keep Mayfield, Payton would have a younger former #1 pick to work with.
[Reply]
Page 3720 of 4911
« First < 2720322036203670371037163717371837193720 372137223723372437303770382042204720 > Last »
Up