ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 372 of 3903
« First < 272322362368369370371372 3733743753763824224728721372 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I have plenty to do here as well...things like mow the lawn, fix the flowerbed, fix the driveway cracks, redo the drainage ditch, play on my son's swingset, play soccer with my son, go for a run in the neighborhood (and never get within 20 feet of another person), etc.
I have a huge backlog of video games....
[Reply]
tk13 02:10 PM 03-17-2020

Four Nets have tested positive for the coronavirus, team says.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
notorious 02:10 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Just had them a controller or put on a movie.
Past that point. My kids are active, they like sports, riding around on 4 wheelers and razors.

There are only so many Minecraft YouTube videos a person can handle.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Civil unrest. People are far more dangerous than Wuhan.
I'm not really concerned about that with Millennials or Gen Z. Most people of those generations are used to being indoors and communicating via their electronic devices.

I'm not really concerned about Boomers, as duh, they're at the highest risk of contracting this disease and dying.

It's really about the Gen X'ers. We grew up much differently than the other generations and there's probably a lower tolerance for being kept indoors or on a curfew.

All that said, I think it would take a few months before any real civil unrest rears is ugly head and hopefully, it never comes to that on any scale.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:11 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
All bars and nightclubs close by 8 pm i think it is. Restaurants have to cut capacity to 50% and will be set lower shortly. My wife manages a salon and with the amount of elderly people that come in they are effectively shut down due to the close contact needed.
My work is in people's homes, people who want to isolate from others. It's the right thing to do but it's going to hurt.
I'm also going to be dropping my rate to help those who are also affected once it's over.
yeah there are millions of Middle class working Americans in the same boat. No fault of their own and now, no income coming in. Glad to hear Congress talking about putting money immediately into the pockets of the poor and middle class to help tide people over for a little while.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:12 PM 03-17-2020
Past that point. My kids are active, they like sports, riding around on 4 wheelers and razors.

There are only so many Minecraft YouTube videos a person can handle.
They don't play video games at all? I thought everyone did that now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:13 PM 03-17-2020
Unless they start showing footage of Americans dying of this on tv, consecutive 50 degree sunny days will likely put an end to any serious quarantine efforts here. It's been 2 days and people seem to be getting over it already.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:13 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
All that said, I think it would take a few months before any real civil unrest rears is ugly head and hopefully, it never comes to that on any scale.
Months? I mean it'll be a three week stint where we need a fucking permission slip from "the authorities" (whoever the hell that will be in practice) is going to piss people off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 03-17-2020
I have a huge backlog of video games....
:-)

Same.

18 months? I could stay inside for two years and not get bored I bet.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:14 PM 03-17-2020
For some men it will be a step down in weight class.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:16 PM 03-17-2020
But my dude, my house is badass, you could have things to do for years here.
I’ve been putting down some mulch and doing landscaping to pass the time.
[Reply]
notorious 02:16 PM 03-17-2020
They don't play video games at all? I thought everyone did that now.
We restrict it somewhat. We want them to be more active than normal kids. We live in the country, too.

They still get plenty of screen time. That’s shits like heroine for kids. They’ll do anything you ask for more time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not really concerned about that with Millennials or Gen Z. Most people of those generations are used to being indoors and communicating via their electronic devices.

I'm not really concerned about Boomers, as duh, they're at the highest risk of contracting this disease and dying.

It's really about the Gen X'ers. We grew up much differently than the other generations and there's probably a lower tolerance for being kept indoors or on a curfew.

Which is why it's really important to be surgically precise with responses.

The clock starts ticking the moment you drop the hammer. The longer you can go, the more runway you have on that civil unrest.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Same.

I think first up I'll go with....Days Gone, seems appropriate.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:17 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Same.

You'll pull that thing right off
[Reply]
Page 372 of 3903
« First < 272322362368369370371372 3733743753763824224728721372 > Last »
Up