ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 3903
« First < 271321361367368369370371 3723733743753814214718711371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:03 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Shhhh. I was talking to my wife the other day about this in the US. If someone hit us with an attack now it will get bad quickly.
If ever there was a time that I wished conspiracy theorists were right, it's right now in hoping HAARP staves off tornado season this year.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:03 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I tend to disagree because I'm sure that the military, Feds and police are on high alert, even if they haven't made that public.

Plus, people are loading up on guns and ammo all over the country.
I'm 100% the military is on high alert.
[Reply]
notorious 02:03 PM 03-17-2020
I tend to disagree because I'm sure that the military, Feds and police are on high alert, even if they haven't made that public.

Civil unrest. People are far more dangerous than Wuhan.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:03 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yes, however remember that Tylenol is not an anti inflamatory.
Right, but it tends to get lumped in with Motrin due to its ability to lower fever
[Reply]
Spott 02:04 PM 03-17-2020
Fuck the French. Freedom my balls.
This. Fuck every last one of them.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:04 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
France just went from self quarantine to police state today.
Pretty much.

Enclosed is the form that the French government is requiring all French citizens to submit for permission to go outside.

Does the panic/hysteria crowd want this as a next step to “contain the virus” in America?

San Francisco has already effectively put their citizens under house arrest and NYC is considering similar draconian measures.

[Reply]
Mecca 02:04 PM 03-17-2020
Civil unrest. People are far more dangerous than Wuhan.
Civil unrest is what worries me about all of this, people are dumb enough to cause a problem.
[Reply]
loochy 02:04 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, not really.

Again - states are all imbued with a police power and can take measures (and enforce them) in support of the public health. If Kansas passes laws demanding that you stay inside and enforces those with criminal consequences, you've not had any rights taken away. Ultimately Kansas already HAS those rights.

But if the United States government does it, that's a far different animal. Like I said, I don't see a path to that without suspending the Constitution, suspending Posse Comitatus and imposing martial law.

I simply don't think this government is that stupid, if for no other reason than the states/cities seem inclined to do this on their own at this point.

I'm going outside and I'll do things. Yes, I'll keep my distance from people and be safe, etc. But I'm not going to be made a prisoner in my own house.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm going outside and I'll do things. Yes, I'll keep my distance from people and be safe, etc. But I'm not going to be made a prisoner in my own house.
But my dude, my house is badass, you could have things to do for years here.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 03-17-2020
4 members of the Brooklyn Nets have tested positive.
[Reply]
notorious 02:07 PM 03-17-2020
This fucking Seattle weather in Kansas sucks ass. My kids are crawling up the walls.

If the sun comes out it might calm some people down.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:08 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Civil unrest is what worries me about all of this, people are dumb enough to cause a problem.
All you can do is defend yourself.
[Reply]
loochy 02:08 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But my dude, my house is badass, you could have things to do for years here.

I have plenty to do here as well...things like mow the lawn, fix the flowerbed, fix the driveway cracks, redo the drainage ditch, play on my son's swingset, play soccer with my son, go for a run in the neighborhood (and never get within 20 feet of another person), etc.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:08 PM 03-17-2020
This fucking Seattle weather in Kansas sucks ass. My kids are crawling up the walls.

If the sun comes out it might calm some people down.
Just had them a controller or put on a movie.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:08 PM 03-17-2020

Military is on alert

I have been getting calls as well, telling me to be ready to go. Few of my buddies have text saying they have got those calls as well, and we are all retired. Medically or otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 3903
« First < 271321361367368369370371 3723733743753814214718711371 > Last »
Up