ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 370 of 3903
« First < 270320360366367368369370 3713723733743804204708701370 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 01:55 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Actually, perhaps. Circumin, the main compound in turmeric (which is found in large amounts in curry) is a powerful anti-inflammatory that carries a wide range of additional health benefits.
Just read that anti-inflammatories make Wuhan worse.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:56 PM 03-17-2020
That makes more sense.
French people ignored officials' warnings to isolate themselves because of the coronavirus. Now they need a form to leave the house.

France's ramped-up coronavirus measures now require people to produce a document that justifies why they're outside — even just to go a walk or to the shop — after people ignored the government's pleas to stay at home.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday announced a 15-day lockdown starting at midday on Tuesday, saying people's journeys outside would be "greatly reduced."

He said people should leave their homes only if it is necessary — for example, to go to work, to get medical care, to buy groceries in authorized shops, or to exercise alone.

But in order to do any of those things, people in France must download and fill out a form for every trip they want to make. The police can check the forms and issue fines of €38 to €135 ($40 to $150) to people who don't have one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/coron...hopping-2020-3
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
:-) That should do it!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
When it's all said and done you will probably not know anyone who dies from it but you will know a lot of people who's lives will be destroyed because of the economic fallout from shutting down an economy.
Agreed.

And the deaths and health consequences from the economic collapse caused by the COVID-19 hysteria/panic will potentially be greater than the deaths from the actual virus.

Suicides, substance abuse, etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
That's a myth, according to one of my best friends that runs an ER here in LA.

Tylenol definitely does not affect the virus. Use at will.

There have been a few studies that have shown slight risk in using Motrin or Aleve but other studies do not.
[Reply]
notorious 01:58 PM 03-17-2020
Fuck the French. Freedom my balls.
[Reply]
notorious 01:59 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

There have been a few studies show slight risk in using Motrin or Aleve but other studies do not.
There is so much misinformation going around I didn’t believe it. Thanks Dane.
[Reply]
loochy 02:00 PM 03-17-2020

If you read that in this thread, it was only in reference to ibuprofen and naproxen, and there was no listed reason why.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 03-17-2020
Fuck the French. Freedom my balls.
The French government had just better hope that Muslim insurgents don't have any successful attacks because the casualties, with people indoors and with no access to weaponry, would be enormous.
[Reply]
notorious 02:01 PM 03-17-2020
The French government had just better hope that Muslim insurgents don't have any successful attacks because the death rate, with people indoors and with no access to weaponry, would be enormous.
Shhhh. I was talking to my wife the other day about this in the US. If someone hit us with an attack now it will get bad quickly.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:01 PM 03-17-2020
For those that need something other than the Covid-19 to read about all day. Live Cam of the Penguin exhibit at the KC Zoo.

[Reply]
loochy 02:01 PM 03-17-2020

There have been a few studies show slight risk in using Motrin or Aleve but other studies do not.

Yes, however remember that Tylenol is not an anti inflamatory.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 03-17-2020
...but it's not a conspiracy - it just happened there.
Eh, not really.

Again - states are all imbued with a police power and can take measures (and enforce them) in support of the public health. If Kansas passes laws demanding that you stay inside and enforces those with criminal consequences, you've not had any rights taken away. Ultimately Kansas already HAS those rights.

But if the United States government does it, that's a far different animal. Like I said, I don't see a path to that without suspending the Constitution, suspending Posse Comitatus and imposing martial law.

I simply don't think this government is that stupid, if for no other reason than the states/cities seem inclined to do this on their own at this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 03-17-2020
Shhhh. I was talking to my wife the other day about this in the US. If someone hit us with an attack now it will get bad quickly.
I tend to disagree because I'm sure that the military, Feds and police are on high alert, even if they haven't made that public.

Plus, people are loading up on guns and ammo all over the country.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:02 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
French people ignored officials' warnings to isolate themselves because of the coronavirus. Now they need a form to leave the house.

France's ramped-up coronavirus measures now require people to produce a document that justifies why they're outside — even just to go a walk or to the shop — after people ignored the government's pleas to stay at home.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday announced a 15-day lockdown starting at midday on Tuesday, saying people's journeys outside would be "greatly reduced."

He said people should leave their homes only if it is necessary — for example, to go to work, to get medical care, to buy groceries in authorized shops, or to exercise alone.

But in order to do any of those things, people in France must download and fill out a form for every trip they want to make. The police can check the forms and issue fines of €38 to €135 ($40 to $150) to people who don't have one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/coron...hopping-2020-3
Yeah this is why I'm locked and loaded. Not because I would purposefully disobey a rule like that. It has more to do with those who wish to challenge it.

I still believe that in the end this will end up being sub 1%, and that might as well do what we are told now.

But I built brand new AR this last weekend and bought 500 more 5.56 just in case.
[Reply]
Page 370 of 3903
« First < 270320360366367368369370 3713723733743804204708701370 > Last »
Up