ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 91
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:49 AM 04-26-2024
Seems like we gave up a lot to move 4 spots.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:49 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Who, Worthy or Hollywood?
Now that you mention it - both...
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:49 AM 04-26-2024

The moment @XavierWorthy became a Kansas City Chief �� pic.twitter.com/LD3sFbWFnB

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:51 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
38 points is essentially a 6th in value, thats too much to secure the guy you wanted? :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 09:51 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I was on the "he's too small" train, but Veach knows what he's doing. The kid looks like a difference maker.

Oh, and the Chiefs now have the fastest WR duo in the NFL.
I'm not worried he'll be a bad player or not live up to the hype - I'm worried his small frame could be a problem. I think the odds are good he'll have a short career and he's more likely to get injured.

But until then he's going to rip people's hearts out...
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:52 AM 04-26-2024
Swapped a 3rd for a 4th and 7th pick swaps is a lot?
[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:52 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm not worried he'll be a bad player or not live up to the hype - I'm worried his small frame could be a problem. I think the odds are good he'll have a short career and he's more likely to get injured.

But until then he's going to rip people's hearts out...
WR's are a crapshoot period.
[Reply]
mabbott 09:53 AM 04-26-2024
The thing that I noticed when watching the videos what that he isn't just fast, he actually follows the deep ball and adjusts. He positions himself to have an advantage high pointing the ball. In his early college years, they used him much more for shorter routes and his YAC was killer. He actually CATCHES the ball! He used to point at DBs when he would get a good catch on them... it looks like he grew out of that.

I am pretty excited about seeing what he can do.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:55 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
"They about to regret that trade...."

They always do good sir, they always do...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
That's hilarious, cuz no lie, when i read your post, i was thinking that you were thinking of that very specific play vs Houston. When you said "beaten by half a stride" that Houston play came right to mind. Because i feel you on that one.

Matter of fact, when i was looking for the play vs Wyoming i came across that play against Houston again and even thought to myself, "Yeah, I bet this is what DJ was referring to when he said, 'half a stride'.

Too funny.

I hear you though, i assumed that was the play you were thinking of because i had similar thoughts. I took it a different way though...all of a sudden i wanted to know how fast that Houston DB is hahahaha.
Oh you can best believe I went straight to the Houston Cougars roster and looked for #16 at CB...
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:56 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
38 points is essentially a 6th in value, thats too much to secure the guy you wanted? :-)
Essentially....spin. we should have just given them a 6th then. We gave them a 3rd an actual top 100 for a late 4th. They got their guy and good for them. That late in the round I wish we would have just let it play out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:57 AM 04-26-2024
Essentially....spin. we should have just given them a 6th then. We gave them a 3rd an actual top 100 for a late 4th. They got their guy and good for them. That late in the round I wish we would have just let it play out.
We didn't have a 6th round pick to give them.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:58 AM 04-26-2024
Oh no...what will we ever do.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 AM 04-26-2024
Chiefs got the guy they wanted, so who gives a shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by luv:
You know what I just realized while reading this thread? How refreshing it is to read "He wasn't who I would have picked, but I trust Veach." Just makes my day. Remember the days before Veach/Reid?
I think it was even pre-Veach that I got there with Reid and his staff.

Because philosophically I'm almost 100% in lock-step with them. They see the game exactly as I do. The Reid shell concept, the idea of stressing different parts of the field, the idea of depth on defense. I just think they see the game through the exact same lens as me.

Whereas if we had someone like Harbaugh (or when we had Pioli and his lackies) I would be pulling my hair out because regardless of whether or not he executes his plan to perfection, his plan is 180 degrees apart from mine so I'd be constantly annoyed by him.

Once I was positive that Reid is a guy who just sees the game as I see it, I was more than happy to defer to the time, experience and expertise these guys can throw at these questions. And if that leads them to a different conclusion than me, at least I know they're doing the same MATH I am.

Makes it pretty easy to say that I think they may have gotten that wrong but I'll give them some rope. Unless they take Skyy Moore - where I think they just got caught with their pants down and were maybe being a little too cute with trying to game the draft.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 91
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up