Page 37 of 68
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:08 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
See that would be actually doing something good, he's not interested in that.
Right.

I don't know how much you know about modern Christianity but to my eyes, Easterby is a subscriber to the "prosperity gospel" which means he believes that Christ is a means to worldly wealth and power. It's pretty disgusting and quite frankly, it's by far the most visible form of televangelism.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:14 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Jets should just make the trade:

2 - first rounders in 2021
2 - first rounders in 2022

They'll be the better for it.

We are living in a different world now.

Sam Darnold
Mekhi Becton
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:20 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
We are living in a different world now.

Sam Darnold
Mekhi Becton
Good Lord, no. I mean, they might do it, but it's a terrible idea. Darnold with the weapons those picks provide should be fine. With Pat in the AFC, it's not like they're heading to the SB anyway. Take those six players and move forward, IMO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:22 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
The Texans had been drafting OLineman in the 1st and gave Watson 110M guaranteed and now they're suppose to let him run the franchise? Did Joe Montanta get to hand pick his next coach? And Watson's like one ACL tear away from being a busted mobile QB. He'll have to step up in the pocket and read defenses with LB's dropping back in coverage. Remains to be seen if he can put up consistent numbers in that situation.
Watson would be a hell of a lot better at running the Texans than the clowns who were running it previously/now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:55 PM 02-01-2021
So anyone think that any team will trade two 1sts, two 2nds, and a player/2players for Watson? When I first read that was the probable compensation I thought, "Stafford screwed Watson over, because no one is going to go that far." Am I wrong?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:57 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So anyone think that any team will trade two 1sts, two 2nds, and a player/2players for Watson? When I first read that was the probable compensation I thought, "Stafford screwed Watson over, because no one is going to go that far." Am I wrong?
Nope.

And I fully expect the Texans to stand pat. And I expect Watson to hold out all season.

And then they'll trade him next season for a lot less.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:49 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nope.

And I fully expect the Texans to stand pat. And I expect Watson to hold out all season.

The only one that loses if he is traded this season is every other team in the NFL for the horrendous precedent this will set. He signed this contract after Hopkins was traded. It is not the Texans fault he is so immature that he thought he would be involved in personnel decisions.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:54 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The only one that loses if he is traded this season is every other team in the NFL for the horrendous precedent this will set. He signed this contract after Hopkins was traded. It is not the Texans fault he is so immature that he thought he would be involved in personnel decisions.
:-) Yes it is. That's what they promised him.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:55 PM 02-01-2021
Kareem lied to management -gone
Management lied to Watson -not apples to apples, same trust lost
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:57 PM 02-01-2021
Nope.

I could see Watson taking a principled stand and not playing next year. Of course, I have no idea if he would be able to financially do it. But, I could see it happenning
[Reply]
penguinz 04:08 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Yes it is. That's what they promised him.
Show me where the texans told him this and not that he just assumed they would because he is the QB.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:18 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That deal was, in essence, a future 1st and a 3rd for Stafford and a 2023 1st for taking on Goff’s contract.

I don’t think it impacts Watson’s trade value much.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:19 PM 02-01-2021
Show me where the texans told him this and not that he just assumed they would because he is the QB.

#Texans QB Deshaun Watson is extremely unhappy with the organization after owner Cal McNair informed him he would be involved in the GM and coach hiring process and provide feedback… but then did neither in the hire of GM Nick Caserio, sources say.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 04:19 PM 02-01-2021
Jesus. Do some research before spouting off terrible takes. The owner promised him and then went back on what he said- on his word. You've been in this thread whining about Watson on virtually every page. One would think you can read some of the posts in here and learn about the history as it relates to Watson and McNair.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:22 PM 02-01-2021
Nope.

I think so, but I also see that Easterby is ridiculously obsessed with culture. Watson will be a thorn in his side and it's going to lead to mutiny. We saw how eager Pioli was to get rid of the "wrong 53" and how desperate Easterby was to get rid of Hopkins for peanuts. How long will be put up with Watson destroying their culture before they just bite the bullet?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 68
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up