ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 53
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:55 AM 01-04-2021
He’s too busy talking to skanky butterfaces on the Twitter dot coms. He must’ve recently broke up with his GF because he’s going for easy baskets.

All kidding aside lol, when you see him play though he doesn’t look the part. He doesn’t look like he’s ever gonna be an X. He’s just a gadget player at this point. Even Bienemy said so. The Chiefs will be drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round I’d bet.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:18 AM 01-04-2021
When he muffed that punt, he made a total business decision by not going for the loose ball and I'm glad. No point in any players who have nothing to prove taking any risk whatsoever in that dumb game.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:41 AM 01-04-2021
I think at this point, he is what he is. He's got great speed, and occasionally he'll make a good play, but then he follows that with just bone-headed decision making and mistakes that cost us.

I figure this was supposed to be his "breakout" year, and that just never really happened.

I wouldn't be upset if we focused on developing Pringle from now on and looked for something better.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:16 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Hardman was a raw talent when we drafted him. He's doing fine.
This is a good post what's with the down thumb votes ? because some of us like a player and still think he is going do great things for us.

He was a big part in our success in comebacks in the playoffs last year but this year he is struggling a bit but our offense has struggled largely because of a makeshift line and Patrick hasn't had the time like he normally does.

Some of you guys are just assholes.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Hardman was a raw talent when we drafted him. He's doing fine.
But he's not though. People freak out on here when you call a spade a spade.

I said at the time drafting Hardman was a reach (compared to other options available) and got blasted.

Hardman isn't bad. He's an NFL player, but he's not what we envisioned. His faults and issues are still apparent, the same ones people brought up when we drafted him.

This is the absolute best offense for his abilities as well. Again, he's not a bad player. He's still young. He can still "get there" but right now he just hasn't progressed until the guy we wanted him to be.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:50 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I said at the time drafting Hardman was a reach (compared to other options available) and got blasted.

Hardman isn't bad. He's an NFL player, but he's not what we envisioned. His faults and issues are still apparent, the same ones people brought up when we drafted him.

This is the absolute best offense for his abilities as well. Again, he's not a bad player. He's still young. He can still "get there" but right now he just hasn't progressed until the guy we wanted him to be.

He has 1,000+ yards and 10 TD’s over the last 2 seasons playing behind Hill, Kelce, and Watkins.

He’s given us more production that Watkins has the last 2 years on a MUCH cheaper deal. He’s still developing and learning how to play WR, which so many of you idiots fail to understand.

He’s absolutely doing fine, and there’s no reason to believe he won’t get better as his role grows.

Calling him a “reach” at the time was stupid, and it’s even dumber now. Hardman has been one of the best players selected in the back half of the 2nd round that year. How the fuck is he still a “reach”? Parris Campbell, who was more highly rated and taken after has done absolutely nothing. JJ Arcega Whiteside, who was also taken after has done nothing as well. Other than Metcalf and McLaurin, Hardman has been as good as anybody and he hasn’t even come close to reaching his ceiling.

You’re a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:00 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He has 1,000+ yards and 10 TD’s over the last 2 seasons playing behind Hill, Kelce, and Watkins.

He’s given us more production that Watkins has the last 2 years on a MUCH cheaper deal. He’s still developing and learning how to play WR, which so many of you idiots fail to understand.

He’s absolutely doing fine, and there’s no reason to believe he won’t get better as his role grows.

Calling him a “reach” at the time was stupid, and it’s even dumber now. Hardman has been one of the best players selected in the back half of the 2nd round that year. How the **** is he still a “reach”? Parris Campbell, who was more highly rated and taken after has done absolutely nothing. JJ Arcega Whiteside, who was also taken after has done nothing as well.

You’re a ****ing idiot.
Can you just have a football conversation without calling someone a fucking idiot? We're all Chiefs fans, right? Do you ever get tired of being so hateful? People like htismaqe and megatron tend to have the same line of thinking as you on a lot of things, the difference is they're not complete assholes like you are constantly.

I get it, you don't agree with the line of thinking that Hardman is a bust. He's probably not a complete bust, but it's also not too far off to suggest that in hindsight we would have probably been better off with Metcalf, Mclaurin, or Johnson. Either way, quit being such a jackass. We're all going through a tough enough time as it is with Covid-19, maybe just lay off a bit. Happy New Year.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Can you just have a football conversation without calling someone a fucking idiot? We're all Chiefs fans, right? Do you ever get tired of being so hateful? People like htismaqe and megatron tend to have the same line of thinking as you on a lot of things, the difference is they're not complete assholes like you are constantly.

I get it, you don't agree with the line of thinking that Hardman is a bust. He's probably not a complete bust, but it's also not too far off to suggest that in hindsight we would have probably been better off with Metcalf, Mclaurin, or Johnson. Either way, quit being such a jackass. We're all going through a tough enough time as it is with Covid-19, maybe just lay off a bit. Happy New Year.
I have football conversations all of the time in CP without calling people idiots.

You just wouldn’t know because you’re one of the biggest idiots on here and your takes are shit 99.9% of the time.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:03 PM 01-04-2021

Calling him a “reach” at the time was stupid, and it’s even dumber now. Hardman has been one of the best players selected in the back half of the 2nd round that year. How the **** is he still a “reach”? Parris Campbell, who was more highly rated and taken after has done absolutely nothing. JJ Arcega Whiteside, who was also taken after has done nothing as well. Other than Metcalf and McLaurin, Hardman has been as good as anybody and he hasn’t even come close to reaching his ceiling.

You’re a ****ing idiot.
I was with you until you started referencing busts in his same draft class. "Oh man, at least he's not a bust! Thank God for that!"

The highs are relatively high but the lows are hilariously bad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 01-04-2021

McLaurin in this offense would be just like Hardman. The 4th option. He's done well so far because he's the #1 WR by default on a team bereft of offensive talent.

Metcalf is really the only big miss and even then, I question whether the Chiefs would ever draft someone like him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:04 PM 01-04-2021
I have football conversations all of the time in CP without calling people idiots.

You just wouldn’t know because you’re one of the biggest idiots on here.
I've barely commented on this post lately, just watched you call someone a fucking idiot in literally every post you make. Do you ever get tired of it?

Why so angry?
[Reply]
philfree 02:08 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

He's not a spade though and he's done fine for us. He's a good fit that needs just a little more development. Most WRs have a two to three development period and that includes 1st round picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I was with you until you started referencing busts in his same draft class. "Oh man, at least he's not a bust! Thank God for that!"

The highs are relatively high but the lows are hilariously bad.
I’m not naming busts in his same draft class. There’s more context.

I’m naming guys that play the same position and went shortly after, one of which MANY people thought we should’ve taken over Hardman (Campbell). He’s still calling Hardman a reach, so I’m simply pointing out how ridiculous that is.

I also think it’s relevant to point to actual busts when people are calling Hardman a bust for basically not being Metcalf. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 01-04-2021
I've barely commented on this post lately, just watched you call someone a fucking idiot in literally every post you make. Do you ever get tired of it?

Why so angry?
Who’s angry?

You’re the one that seems upset. Nobody was even talking to you and you found a way to get butthurt over it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:10 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
McLaurin in this offense would be just like Hardman. The 4th option. He's done well so far because he's the #1 WR by default on a team bereft of offensive talent.

Metcalf is really the only big miss and even then, I question whether the Chiefs would ever draft someone like him.
Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to say for sure. I still think McLaurin would be producing better in KC than Hardman, but there's no way to know for sure.

I think a reasonable comparison is Diontae Johnson. He's had to split reps with the likes of Smith-Schuster, Claypool, and Ebron. Clearly none of those are the equivalent of Hill/Kelce, but nonetheless there is competition for reps. Johnson still arguably had just as good of a rookie season as Hardman and this year fell just short of 1,000 yards.

I know the excuse for Hardman is that he was raw, but personally I would question the luxury on this team of taking raw players high in the draft. Let's say in years 3/4 Hardman does develop into a consistent receiver. Are we really going to be able to afford to extend his contract if he proves his worth?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 53
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up