ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 295
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I didn’t see it coming in the first, but hot damn it’s exciting

If we take Shenault next, holy shit...
I'd love to draft Shenault but they'll need to give up a 4th and a 5th to jump to 48, which may not be high enough to get him.

I'm hoping he continues to fall.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:19 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's a very real possibility they don't see OL as a big need. They seem to be banking on LDT returning to form and might be high on Rankins. They'll add an OL if it's BPA no doubt, but might not be in such a hurry to do so.
I was re-watching the SB coaches film, and noticed that LDT actually played pretty well for most of the game. I didn't specifically watch him on every snap, but there were several snaps, including the WASP play where I had to rewind it and realize that LDT was more than holding his own. I mean he stoned his guy on several consecutive plays, handed off smoothly and took the hand offs just as well. Against the best DL in football.

It's possible that Andy believes that LDT will play at that level this season, and that Rankin is coming back. Maybe they think they just need one OL from this draft. Or maybe none, as we do have a couple guys from last year (Allegretti and someone) that could fill in until Rankin comes back.

If that's their thinking, then our remaining picks might be targeting a CB, LB, and maybe a WR.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:20 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'd love to draft Shenault but they'll need to give up a 4th and a 5th to jump to 48, which may not be high enough to get him.

He's going to be polarizing because for a team like us with Reid, he's a weapon to be used all over the place, to a team like say Tennessee, he's a middling WR they can't figure out how to use.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:20 PM 04-24-2020

I think we'll see the Chiefs trading up in days 2 and 3.

There's only so many roster spots available on this team. These 5-7 round guys may not even make this squad so the picks may be more valuable as trade compensation for a guy they think can contribute.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:20 PM 04-24-2020
I don’t really like Shenault for this offense personally.

I think it’s best CB/LB/S available in R2, all day long.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:21 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Naaaah.

You could argue LB. That's about it.
Exactly.

I don't get all these people that say this wasn't a need.

Who the fuck was going to be the feature back in 2020? 28 year old Damien Williams, the guy that's had 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX Seasons?

No fucking way.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t really like Shenault for this offense personally.

I think it’s best CB/LB/S available in R2, all day long.
I'm curious why you don't like him....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Mixon would have been gone. He’s going to hold out.
The new CBA doesn't allow for holdouts
[Reply]
RunKC 12:23 PM 04-24-2020
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
This is the only problem I have with the pick. Ideally you want to draft players, especially in the first rd, who you give 2nd contracts to. You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.

It seems like nowadays it isn’t wise to give a 2nd contract to a RB compared to drafting a safety, corner, or pass rusher that is far more difficult to find.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:24 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is the only problem I have with the pick. Ideally you want to draft players, especially in the first rd, who you give 2nd contracts to. You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.

It seems like nowadays it isn’t wise to give a 2nd contract to a RB compared to drafting a safety, corner, or pass rusher that is far more difficult to find.
You know how many guys get a second contract with the team they start with? about 20%..the Chiefs currently have 5 of those guys on their roster, 5.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 04-24-2020
And who says we can’t give a second contract to him? It’s not like RBs can’t get second year deals....you just have to be careful who you give them to.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season.
Holy shit, this is just an absolutely fucking awful take.

Good fucking God.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

But if you hit on your 2nd and 3rd rounder at higher positions of value, the 2nd contract can go to them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The moment Damien tweaks a groin CEH will be inserted and the Chiefs will never look back.
Which will likely happen on the first day of training camp as he's walking from the lockerrom to the field.

There are some seriously dumb motherfuckers in this thread.

JFC.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 04-24-2020
Holy shit, this is just an absolutely fucking awful take.

Good fucking God.
If he was a 4th round pick, it's an accurate take, at 32 no, he's going to play a lot right away.

Pretty obvious they viewed RB as a problem as much as a ton of fans did.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 295
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up