ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 108
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:24 AM 10-24-2019
A healthy Chiefs team beats Indy no matter where they play, and we can dance on Justin Houston's bones when that happens.

If you're basing a desire for a trade on what you've seen over the last few weeks, just consider this:

We're about to add to that team a Pro Bowl LT, a WR2, and a pass-rushing DE/DT to the mix. For nothing other than the check they're already getting.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:28 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
610 has some terrible takes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
610 is full of hacks that spend all their air time inhaling their own exhaust
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:35 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
A healthy Chiefs team beats Indy no matter where they play, and we can dance on Justin Houston's bones when that happens.

If you're basing a desire for a trade on what you've seen over the last few weeks, just consider this:

We're about to add to that team a Pro Bowl LT, a WR2, and a pass-rushing DE/DT to the mix. For nothing other than the check they're already getting.
I totally agree with your overall premise. However, the chances of that WR2 being available for the playoffs are extremely questionable at best.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:37 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I totally agree with your overall premise. However, the chances of that WR2 being available for the playoffs are extremely questionable at best.
Don't discount the first 2 plays of the game, brother! :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 09:37 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
We just signed a DL. I think if anything, an OL is the biggest need.
This. I think that the defense is good enough to get us a SB as long as our offense is led by a healthy Mahomes. A hobbled or injured Mahomes significantly hurts our chances which is why protecting him should be priority #1.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 10-24-2019
As shitty as it has been at times, the defense has actually done it's part. If the offense does what it did last year, the Chiefs are 7-0 right now.

Injuries happen. Hopefully it helps this year that the Chiefs can get and be healthy down the stretch for a change.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 10-24-2019

10.24 GamePlan!

Trade deadline's 5 days away. We got you covered with rumors from all over the NFL -- who's going, who's coming, who's loading up, who's unloading. Plus ...

�� Week 8 Watch List!
�� Scouting @Joe_Burrow10 and @youngchase907.
�� Your ��!https://t.co/7IVjsHhj8X

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) October 24, 2019

• The Jets are listening to offers on former top-five pick Leonard Williams. The big defensive-linemen is a better player than Beasley, but carries similar logistics —he’s on a pricy fifth-year option and is not signed for 2020. Teams like the Chiefs and Eagles are seen as sensible landing spots for Williams, if the right price can be found. And that price, because of those big financials, might be relatively affordable for another team, maybe right around a third-round pick.

So a 3rd for Williams? That's interesting. Him and Jones inside with Nnadi and company would be interesting.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:19 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

• The Jets are listening to offers on former top-five pick Leonard Williams. The big defensive-linemen is a better player than Beasley, but carries similar logistics —he’s on a pricy fifth-year option and is not signed for 2020. Teams like the Chiefs and Eagles are seen as sensible landing spots for Williams, if the right price can be found. And that price, because of those big financials, might be relatively affordable for another team, maybe right around a third-round pick.

So a 3rd for Williams? That's interesting. Him and Jones inside with Nnadi and company would be interesting.
Yeah but you can't pay both Williams and Chris Jones. So you'd be giving up a 3rd (which the Chiefs have a lot of success with) for a half season rental. That's not good business.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah but you can't pay both Williams and Chris Jones. So you'd be giving up a 3rd (which the Chiefs have a lot of success with) for a half season rental. That's not good business.
pay one tag trade the other
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 10-24-2019
I’d offer them a 4th.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 10-24-2019
My only issue is that if you trade for Williams....then it might limit your ability to pay Jones now. But you could let Williams walk and get a comp pick the next offseason.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My only issue is that if you trade for Williams....then it might limit your ability to pay Jones now. But you could let Williams walk and get a comp pick the next offseason.
That's what I was thinking. Like the Eagles did with Golden Tate.

Trade a 3rd, he walks and signs elsewhere you get a 3rd round comp pick.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:34 AM 10-24-2019
That deal doesn’t seem realistic to me. Could be wrong.
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 10-24-2019
If they'd take a 3rd, shit, I'd do that. Some guys will walk and sign big deals from here this offseason I'm guessing so you could recoup that pretty easily.

He's a good player too, could really help the defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they'd take a 3rd, shit, I'd do that. Some guys will walk and sign big deals from here this offseason I'm guessing so you could recoup that pretty easily.

He's a good player too, could really help the defense.
And I don’t see us signing any big names in FA.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 108
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up