ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 103
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:31 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Jesus fucking Christ!!!!

What stands out most to me is that he's a tough, compact runner. My only concern was his slight frame, but clearly he's more Hill than DeSean Jackson in that he's light, but he's compact and strong.

The other highlight videos only show the big plays, never him being tackled, so we never got to see the tenacity that he runs with. He plays stronger than i first thought.

He's not Tyreek fast but he looks like a helluva compliment or an adequate replacement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What stands out most to me is that he's a tough, compact runner. My only concern was his slight frame, but clearly he's more Hill than DeSean Jackson in that he's light, but he's compact and strong.

The other highlight videos only show the big plays, never him being tackled, so we never got to see the tenacity that he runs with.

He's not Tyreek fast but he looks like a helluva compliment or an adequate replacement.
That's what I see. Honestly, his running style reminds me a bit of Watkins. He uses his legs well and has great leverage and balance - breaks a lot of ankle tackles.

He also has a little higher, longer stride than Hill. They got a good one here.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 09:35 AM 05-03-2019
I just don't see Andy Reid putting the shackles on the best QB he's ever had. I expect Mahomes will throw just as many passes this year but with a higher completion percentage, more yards per attempt, and more TDs because he'll have more knowledge and experience in AR's complicated offense.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:37 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They got a good one here.
I think so too.

And at the very least you can see how the Chiefs will get him going early in the season with the jet sweeps, screens etc.

So even if there's a learning curve regarding the playbook, routes etc, they'll still get the ball in his hands around the LoS much like they did during 'reeks first season. He's that kind of runner.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think so too.

And at the very least you can see how the Chiefs will get him going early in the season with the jet sweeps, screens etc.

So even if there's a learning curve regarding the playbook, routes etc, they'll still get the ball in his hands around the LoS much like they did during 'reeks first season. He's that kind of runner.
Exactly. Between those, go routes, and crossing routes, he can have an immediate impact while being developed.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:20 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
I just don't see Andy Reid putting the shackles on the best QB he's ever had. I expect Mahomes will throw just as many passes this year but with a higher completion percentage, more yards per attempt, and more TDs because he'll have more knowledge and experience in AR's complicated offense.
Hate to be pessimistic but a slight regress to the offense has nothing to do with Reid putting shackles on Mahomes as you put it. Last year was the perfect storm in regards to an amazing offense and a terrible defense.

If the defense improves even marginally the Chiefs won't have to score every single possession to win ball games. You'll see more drives where the Chiefs objective is to eat clock rather than to score at all costs. Historically weren't the Chiefs the 3rd highest scoring offense OF ALL TIME last year? (someone can fact check that for me) There's not a lot of room for growth.

The offense will still be deadly but statistically I won't be surprised if they dip slightly.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:56 PM 05-03-2019
I won't rest until Mahomes matches his game high against Oklahoma versus the Raiders.

735 yards or bust.
[Reply]
chinaski 03:10 PM 05-03-2019
3:15 on the Sophomore highlights, excellent balance and he fights for yards. Really awesome!
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:07 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hill + Hardman + Watkins.... a truly good problem to have right there. Even D-Rob has some great chemistry with Pat.

This would alleviate a lot of pressure from Hardman in year one. He’d be able to truly develop into our eventual #2 or #1.

Big if... but if Hill doesn’t get charged with anything and the NFL doesn’t suspend him...

I’m trading Demarcus Robinson. One year left on his rookie deal. Probably won’t re-sign. We have Watkins Hill Hardman. The randos we have left on the roster can pick up the slack of that WR4 spot.

That roster spot could be a LB, DB depth, a TE, or a draft pick of some sort. Definitely worth exploring.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:09 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Big if... but if Hill doesn’t get charged with anything and the NFL doesn’t suspend him...

I’m trading Demarcus Robinson. One year left on his rookie deal. Probably won’t re-sign. We have Watkins Hill Hardman. The randos we have left on the roster can pick up the slack of that WR4 spot.

That roster spot could be a LB, DB depth, a TE, or a draft pick of some sort. Definitely worth exploring.
If you trade D Rob then you have to extend Hill

Sammy will be gone next season, D Rob traded and Hill no contract next year. You’re stuck with Hardman and who else?? Dieter.

D Rob stays but if he does get traded Hill will be extended
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:29 PM 05-03-2019

I highly doubt D-Rob is worth anything more than a PB&J sammich.

We like him. But he hasn't done anything notable in this league yet. He's only a commodity to us. Every team seems to have a 3rd-4th guy they're excited about. D-rob is ours.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:39 PM 05-03-2019
Yeah the move is to let Watkins go and have Hardman primed and ready by that time.

Hill, Drob, Hardman, Pringle, and some of the other young guys in 2020. Let Watkins go and get a 3rd round comp pick.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:40 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah the move is to let Watkins go and have Hardman primed and ready by that time.

Hill, Drob, Hardman, Pringle, and some of the other young guys in 2020. Let Watkins go and get a 3rd round comp pick.
We gonna re sign D Rob then?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:43 PM 05-03-2019

I don't agree with that at all. DROB has a place on this team.
[Reply]
Frosty 04:55 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Don't get a pick if they cut him. Has to leave via free agency.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 103
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up