ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 211
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:30 PM 04-11-2019
Fucking Dodgers......Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:46 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fucking Dodgers......Jesus Christ.
Shildt gave so few fucks about winning this game that not only did he run out the getaway day lineup, but when the Cardinals took the lead the first time he still sent Wacha out there with nothing. And when they started to get closer, he sent out the 13th man on the starting staff who just got called up and didn't even bother to double-switch him in even though he was leading off the next inning.

Then he left said 13th man in to hit. And even after the Cardinals took the lead he went and brought up the OTHER most recent minor league callup, Webb, instead of Miller - our $12 million lefty.

I went from frustrated to Shildt's inaction to bemused by his complete ambivalence. I've never seen a manager just say "eh, fuck it" even when his team keeps battling back.

The Dodgers have done absolutely everything in their power to give the Cardinals this game despite the Cardinals having absolutely no urgency in trying to take it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 04-11-2019
And now your catcher is getting breaks when balls rocket back to him from the backstop and STILL throwing the ball 15 feet wide of 3b. He had Martinez by 6-8 feet if he'd have just thrown the ball somewhere in the vicinity of the bag.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:49 PM 04-11-2019
I think the Dodgers are just wanting to get the hell out of town. Cards have scored 11 runs without hitting a HR.

Walks, errors, wild pitches, you name it.
[Reply]
VAChief 02:30 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shildt gave so few ****s about winning this game that not only did he run out the getaway day lineup, but when the Cardinals took the lead the first time he still sent Wacha out there with nothing. And when they started to get closer, he sent out the 13th man on the starting staff who just got called up and didn't even bother to double-switch him in even though he was leading off the next inning.

Then he left said 13th man in to hit. And even after the Cardinals took the lead he went and brought up the OTHER most recent minor league callup, Webb, instead of Miller - our $12 million lefty.

I went from frustrated to Shildt's inaction to bemused by his complete ambivalence. I've never seen a manager just say "eh, **** it" even when his team keeps battling back.

The Dodgers have done absolutely everything in their power to give the Cardinals this game despite the Cardinals having absolutely no urgency in trying to take it.
True, but on the plus side the "getaway line up" means Fowler sits. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:32 PM 04-11-2019
And that's a winner. For now, anyway, they're tied for first.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:40 PM 04-11-2019
I can't say I've ever seen a game like this in April at Busch. This is one of those games you'll see in Colorado, Cincinnati or Milwaukee. Wrigley when the winds blowing out.

But April in St. Louis? This has just been a really weird one.
Schildt wanted to give this one away but the Dodgers and the players said, not today. A classic Larrusa get away game lineup. 11 runs? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
True fact.

$30 million worth of benched corner OFer and the team got better for it.

{sigh}
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 03:04 PM 04-11-2019
What Matheny did to Siegrist should entitle Siegrist to restitution.

He treated him worse than Bowman and poor Bowman looked about ready to start lobbing them in their lefty because his right arm hurt so bad. His return last year was just excruciating and not just because we knew what was going to happen.

It was just sad watching the dude try to throw. You could see that his arm was just in tatters and that he was trying all kinds of weird shit with his delivery to protect it. He was all but shot putting the ball up there at times to avoid stressing that shoulder any further.

But man, Siegrist was a monster and Matheny absolutely torched him. Probably cost him a deal not unlike what Miller ended up getting. Siegrist is $20+ million poorer because of Mike Matheny.
I told a friend of mine the exact same thing after the Royals signed Siegrist last year or the year before. If I was Siegrist's agent I would have been in the Cardinals office everyday making a scene.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:
I told a friend of mine the exact same thing after the Royals signed Siegrist last year or the year before. If I was Siegrist's agent I would have been in the Cardinals office everyday making a scene.
Royals signed Siegrist? I thought that was Maness?

Siegrist went to the Pirates and Phillies, didn't he? Then I think he refused to report to the minors last spring and that was that. Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Maness is the exact kind of fungible rag-arm that I'd throw out there as often as possible while he's effective knowing full well I'm gonna burn him up because who cares? The league's gonna figure him out anyway and there are a dozen guys just like him in AAA.

Gant is like that for me right now. I'd pitch him as often as I needed to while he's getting guys out. Because I'd be surprised if he's in the league in 3 years anyway; guys that are fringy relievers with no real projectability just stop getting guys out one day and that's that.

So while they're getting guys out, use 'em.

Thoroughbreds like Siegrist and Rosenthal, though (and now Hicks)....damn I hate what we did to those guys.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:06 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I thought about that after I bitched about it earlier. Ozuna is hot right now, but this is arguably their best outfield. So really it was an off day for Carp and Yadi.
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 03:10 PM 04-11-2019

Siegrist went to the Pirates and Phillies, didn't he? Then I think he refused to report to the minors last spring and that was that. Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Maness is the exact kind of fungible rag-arm that I'd throw out there as often as possible while he's effective knowing full well I'm gonna burn him up because who cares? The league's gonna figure him out anyway and there are a dozen guys just like him in AAA.

Gant is like that for me right now. I'd pitch him as often as I needed to while he's getting guys out. Because I'd be surprised if he's in the league in 3 years anyway; guys that are fringy relievers with no real projectability just stop getting guys out one day and that's that.

Thoroughbreds like Siegrist and Rosenthal, though (and now Hicks)....damn I hate what we did to those guys.
Shit! It was Maness. My bad.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:22 PM 04-11-2019

Come on, Gant won’t be out of the league in 3 years. That will be just about the time we sign him to a 3 year/40mm extension...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:03 PM 04-11-2019
Eleven runs with two extra base hits. Makes sense.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:40 PM 04-11-2019

[Reply]
Page 37 of 211
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up