ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 268
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:20 PM 12-27-2016
Man, Carrie Fisher's passing must just gut the script for at least 8 and maybe 9. :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:20 PM 12-27-2016
Fisher has passed away
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'll take Kathleen Kennedy over either of them:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/...to-live-action
She was talking about the approach, as to whether or not they start plucking characters from the animated series and begin building a story around them, to which she replied "that's not our approach".

That doesn't mean that characters from the animated series won't appear in future Star Wars films. In Rogue One alone we saw Chopper, Saw Gerrera, The Ghost and heard reference to Hera Syndulla.

I think that characters will continue to show up, most likely as Easter Eggs for the fans, in the spinoff's but I don't *expect* Lucasfilm to create a movie based on Ezra, Kanan, et al.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:05 PM 12-27-2016
Which is exactly what I was saying...

Cameos? Yes. Satine and then Sabine being related to Rey? Not likely.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 12-27-2016, 02:47 PM
This message has been deleted by KingPriest2.
KingPriest2 02:48 PM 12-27-2016
Man, Carrie Fisher's passing must just gut the script for at least 8 and maybe 9. :-)
Not on 8 They finished July 22.

Just read an article about this. It's going to be difficult but they have several options.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:49 PM 12-27-2016
Satine and then Sabine being related to Rey? Not likely.
I don't think they'd give that away at this point in time.

But as I mentioned earlier, either Han & Leia are her parents or Luke and ? are her parents. If it's Luke, then who and where is the mother?

IMO, it wouldn't make sense to have a brand new character that would require serious exposition, likely dragging down the film.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:13 PM 12-27-2016
Please no more CGI Fisher.
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:59 PM 12-27-2016
well carries death and death in the movies move Kylo to the good side?

i know may not make sense.. but the death of his mother might move him strongly.. realizing he killed his dad in an altered state of mind.. now his mother is gone.. i'd like to see him go away from snoke and be a lone wolf.. reintroducing the "purple" saber idea
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:45 PM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
well carries death and death in the movies move Kylo to the good side?

i know may not make sense.. but the death of his mother might move him strongly.. realizing he killed his dad in an altered state of mind.. now his mother is gone.. i'd like to see him go away from snoke and be a lone wolf.. reintroducing the "purple" saber idea
He needs to remain evil and die a horrible death.

That or win the galaxy from the Resistance and Snoke, leading to Episodes X-XII.

Redemption would suck. His path is very different than Vader's.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:48 PM 12-28-2016
Well hopefully they mature his demeanor and have him slay people. There's goin to be another trilogy of movies after this set?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:42 PM 12-28-2016
Well hopefully they mature his demeanor and have him slay people. There's goin to be another trilogy of movies after this set?
It's not in the books but word on the street is yes, there will be another trilogy.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:45 PM 12-28-2016
Would you walk away from a money making machine?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:58 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Would you walk away from a money making machine?
From my understanding (and this could certainly change in the next three years), they're pretty much waiting for fan reaction to Episode VIII before making a determination as to where they go for Episode IX and beyond.

While Rian Johnson wrote and directed Episode VIII, he's only writing Episode IX and from my understanding, that script is no where near completed. It's in the outline stage only.

Once Episode VIII has been fully edited and assembled, the film will screen for Lucasfilm and Disney brass, along with other creatives. At that point, they'll likely have some reshoots and re-edits, which happens on every blockbuster film. So it's quite possible that they won't have an idea for X and beyond until 2018 at the earliest and Carrie Fisher's death certainly throws a wrench in Episode IX.

The other rumors that I've heard consistently is that Disney and Ewan McGregor are keen on an Obi Wan trilogy. There's also been persistent chatter about going back to the Old Republic and focusing on Yoda, when he was a Padawan, so it's quite possible that Episode X-XII maybe not get a start until the late 2020's.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:20 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
From my understanding (and this could certainly change in the next three years), they're pretty much waiting for fan reaction to Episode VIII before making a determination as to where they go for Episode IX and beyond.

While Rian Johnson wrote and directed Episode VIII, he's only writing Episode IX and from my understanding, that script is no where near completed. It's in the outline stage only.

Once Episode VIII has been fully edited and assembled, the film will screen for Lucasfilm and Disney brass, along with other creatives. At that point, they'll likely have some reshoots and re-edits, which happens on every blockbuster film. So it's quite possible that they won't have an idea for X and beyond until 2018 at the earliest and Carrie Fisher's death certainly throws a wrench in Episode IX.

The other rumors that I've heard consistently is that Disney and Ewan McGregor are keen on an Obi Wan trilogy. There's also been persistent chatter about going back to the Old Republic and focusing on Yoda, when he was a Padawan, so it's quite possible that Episode X-XII maybe not get a start until the late 2020's.

I'm ok with all of this. I really want the Obi Wan trilogy to go forward, but I'd be a sucker for a young Yoda too.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:17 PM 12-28-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 37 of 268
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up