ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 80
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:58 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
AT&T's fastest internet still sucks balls. I cannot wait until our contract with AT&T is fulfilled so we can drop their shit service.
There's really nothing else here....unless I go with Comcast......and fuck Comcast.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:49 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Really would get what you want if you didn't cut the cord today. Set the disconnect a couple weeks out and they'll call you.

I'm doing this.

Thanks FMB!
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:02 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I called yesterday to discontinue Sunday Ticket. We got it free the first year, but honestly didn't watch it that much. Sometimes watched Red Zone when the Chiefs weren't on, but not worth the $$ to me.

They offered me Sunday Ticket plus Max, whatever that is, for $179. I declined and had it removed.

We'll be moving on from DTV after the contract runs out anyway. Can't stand it when I lose the signal during T-storms.
I've got dish and you know pretty close to where i live.

I haven't lost service more than 10 times in the last 5 years.

I probably just fucked myself by saying that.
[Reply]
royr17 08:02 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I called last night and got NFLST and Max for free again this year. It was easier this time for some reason.
How did u get it for free ?
[Reply]
lewdog 10:51 AM 08-18-2017
Those fucking assholes renewed my Sunday ticket (first payment $46.99) even though it wasn't listed on my account and when I called in today and said "Cancel Sunday Ticket," the automated system even said "we don't show your account having Sunday Ticket. We will transfer you to a representative"

Bunch of fucking idiots.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:56 AM 08-18-2017
Semi-related topic.....

Just signed up for DTV. I cannot for the life of me....and apparently neither can AT&T.... get my OnDemand stuff working. I'm connected to the internet, I wait the 24 hours, and nothing. Had it working, then it stopped.

Anyway, no real comment.....just me complaining out loud.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:12 AM 08-18-2017
same.

I'm going to find time to call and see if I can get a discount and free ST or I'm likely to tell them to schedule my shutoff and mention local cable, streaming and dish options.

I like sunday ticket but the truth is I don't have that many sundays to watch TV all day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:27 PM 08-22-2017
Really would get what you want if you didn't cut the cord today. Set the disconnect a couple weeks out and they'll call you.

FMB, I called but the guy wanted to know why I was disconnecting & I told him I was switching to Dish. He wanted to know all that they were offering. He knocked $40 off the bill each month but that was it. I told him that I'd talk to the wife & get back with him.

Will they call me or do I need to do something else?
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 09:37 PM 08-22-2017
Got my best deal ever tonight. Ended up with Sunday Ticket Max for $100. Statement credit of $10 per month. $10 off for 6 months for the sports pack. Because I am an AT&T customer I got $25 off DTV for life plus HBO for life. Didn't have to extend contract either. Unreal good deal this time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:35 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
FMB, I called but the guy wanted to know why I was disconnecting & I told him I was switching to Dish. He wanted to know all that they were offering. He knocked $40 off the bill each month but that was it. I told him that I'd talk to the wife & get back with him.

Will they call me or do I need to do something else?

Did you set up the actual cancellation? If you got off the phone without actually setting up cancellation, then they're not going to call you.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:41 AM 08-23-2017
Did you set up the actual cancellation? If you got off the phone without actually setting up cancellation, then they're not going to call you.

The guy was smooth. I told him cancel & he kept asking what are you going to do. I didn't have anything ready so I said Dish & he went into a spiel. Want to call for me?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:43 AM 08-23-2017
nfl2go.com is still an option for you guys not wanting to pay for sunday ticket. It came out to like $26.xx after bitcoin fees.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:57 AM 08-23-2017
The guy was smooth. I told him cancel & he kept asking what are you going to do. I didn't have anything ready so I said Dish & he went into a spiel. Want to call for me?
The retention guys sometimes are pretty aggressive. It doesn't matter what you're going to do - it's not his business. You're cutting the cord, moving to another satellite provider, going to cable... you just have to get through it. Whatever they offer, you can take it, but at the end, just tell them you think you need to go ahead and set cancellation up. Ask them when your monthly cycle is over and ask for the cutoff date the day before that. Give yourself at least a couple weeks, so if your cycle starts next week, set it for a month out.

Alternatively, tell the retention guy what you need to stay. When they don't hit your mark, set up the cancellation.

All said and done, even if they don't call you within a couple of days, you can always cancel the cancellation.

Obviously, this is a lot easier if you're actually willing to leave. If you're bluffing, it's easier to give into their offers.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:17 AM 08-28-2017
The retention guys sometimes are pretty aggressive. It doesn't matter what you're going to do - it's not his business. You're cutting the cord, moving to another satellite provider, going to cable... you just have to get through it. Whatever they offer, you can take it, but at the end, just tell them you think you need to go ahead and set cancellation up. Ask them when your monthly cycle is over and ask for the cutoff date the day before that. Give yourself at least a couple weeks, so if your cycle starts next week, set it for a month out.

Alternatively, tell the retention guy what you need to stay. When they don't hit your mark, set up the cancellation.

All said and done, even if they don't call you within a couple of days, you can always cancel the cancellation.

Obviously, this is a lot easier if you're actually willing to leave. If you're bluffing, it's easier to give into their offers.

Ok. I setup the cancellation for 9/20. He said they are sending me boxes to send the equipment back to them. I may have to go without tv for awhile but it will be worth it in the end right?

Now how long before they call?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:21 AM 08-28-2017
Ok. I setup the cancellation for 9/20. He said they are sending me boxes to send the equipment back to them. I may have to go without tv for awhile but it will be worth it in the end right?

Now how long before they call?
They called me later that night. I didn't answer, and they called again the next morning.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 80
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up