ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 48
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:45 PM 10-08-2014
Fuck it, i got the G3 instead. It was 50 cents more then the G2. Was a no brainer.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:56 PM 10-12-2014
I got the 6+ on Friday. Love it. No issues so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:51 AM 10-13-2014
When I get my Samsung Note 4, will someone root it for me? I don't want to mess with it. I'll pay you, or if you know of a reputable place that will do it for me please let me know.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:00 AM 10-13-2014
Why do you root it?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 AM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Why do you root it?
I've never used a rooted phone, so I don't entirely know, but I think it' gets the bloatware off, can customize it easier, and makes it faster to use. You can also flash roms?? Not that I really know what that means.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:26 PM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've never used a rooted phone, so I don't entirely know, but I think it' gets the bloatware off, can customize it easier, and makes it faster to use. You can also flash roms?? Not that I really know what that means.
This means there is no reason for you to root.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:39 PM 10-13-2014
When I get my Samsung Note 4, will someone root it for me? I don't want to mess with it. I'll pay you, or if you know of a reputable place that will do it for me please let me know.
It's a new device, so It'll be awhile before root is available.

Also, rooting voids the warranty. In case you didn't know.

And, unless you plan on flashing custom ROMs, the only real advantage to rooting is deleting carrier bloatware.
[Reply]
Fish 02:40 PM 10-13-2014
You don't have any idea what it does, but you know you want it?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:00 PM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
You don't have any idea what it does, but you know you want it?
Again, Ive been told it makes my device faster. That it eliminates bloatware giving more storage for other things on the phone. It used to be those with rooted phones could also enable their phone to produce wifi, for free without the need of the Sprint monthly service.

If none of these are no longer the case with root then ya, I really dont need it. Phone snobs.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:11 PM 10-13-2014
Again, Ive been told it makes my device faster. That it eliminates bloatware giving more storage for other things on the phone. It used to be those with rooted phones could also enable their phone to produce wifi, for free without the need of the Sprint monthly service.

If none of these are no longer the case with root then ya, I really dont need it. Phone snobs.
Rooting gives you a level of control over your phone that allows you to remove bloatware if you so choose, yes. It also lets you run a handful of apps that you couldn't otherwise run that can bypass some of the security features built into your phone by Samsung. Think of it like getting admin access to your computer at work so that you can install/uninstall anything you want to.

The problem is that it doesn't inherently improve anything at all. The biggest improvements come from running custom software (other than Samsung's) that has been designed to improve things. Sounds great, but you need to be willing to deal with bugs in the software here and there and be able to keep it up to date manually rather than having it update whenever Samsung has an update available. Continuing the analogy from above, it's like running a modified version of Windows that doesn't get updated by Microsoft, so you have to do it yourself (and you already fired the IT guy).

Rooting's a lot of fun if you're a computer geek and are willing to deal with all of the hassles to give you a customized experience. However, if you aren't able to root it yourself by digging around online and learning how, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 05:54 PM 10-14-2014
Rumors are circulating that Google will announce the new Nexus 6 / X and day now, possibly tomorrow. Expect a 6" screen. $419 32g, $459 64g. WSJ said it will likely have a micro sd port (I doubt it, Google wants everything on the cloud.) I am ordering one ASAP.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:00 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising:
Rumors are circulating that Google will announce the new Nexus 6 / X and day now, possibly tomorrow. Expect a 6" screen. $419 32g, $459 64g. WSJ said it will likely have a micro sd port (I doubt it, Google wants everything on the cloud.) I am ordering one ASAP.
If that phone is $459 with 64GB and made by Motorola then them selling the Moto X at $549 with 32GB is fucking disgusting.
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 06:33 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
If that phone is $459 with 64GB and made by Motorola then them selling the Moto X at $549 with 32GB is ****ing disgusting.
Plus, it will get updates 1st and have none of the bloatware
[Reply]
jd1020 06:40 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising:
Plus, it will get updates 1st and have none of the bloatware
I don't really care about instant updates. The Moto X should get reasonably fast updates, even on carrier phones. And the bloatware is nothing. It accounts for a WHOPPING .09% of the 32GB and every bit of it can be disabled.

I'm just focusing on the specs and price. The Nexus 6 is going to be a top of the line device in every aspect. Previously that wasn't the case for Nexus phones. It was somewhere between flagship and mid range.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:58 AM 10-15-2014
Just read an article on phonearena that suggest the price of the nexus 6 will be 569 and 649... euro.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...s-over_id61747

Thats a hefty price and makes much more sense considering the specs of the phone.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 48
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up