ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 52
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
kccrow 09:57 AM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It'd been a damned shame to deny Mahomes a walk-off TD pass in the second ever overtime in Super Bowl history. And just when we all are collectively thinking it's almost impossible to find new ways to pad his Canton resume.

What're your thoughts on La'Mical Perine getting a shot at the Jet role? IIRC, he showed well in his limited opportunities with pass pro to go along with catching the ball out of the backfield, and Spotrac shows him with a base salary of 1mil+ this season. I'm intrigued.

But I'd also give a Hollywood Brown type of ovation if we brought Dobbins in. He's only 25 and right in the Viotch Wheelhouse of Underrated Signings, to boot.
FUCK NO on Dobbins. He just tore his Achilles plus has 2 knee tears. He's not someone we should even remotely consider for any reason whatsoever.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
FUCK NO on Dobbins. He just tore his Achilles plus has 2 knee tears. He's not someone we should even remotely consider for any reason whatsoever.
Somehow, I wasn't aware of this or had completely forgotten about it.

Perine it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 03-16-2024
Just bring McKinnon back if you’re thinking of Dobbins
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 03-16-2024
As for Hollywood, I think we can pay him. Kelce probably has 2 more years max before he exits. Give Hollywood a nice 3 year deal with a low first year cap hit in 2025 then hit big cap hits will be Kelce’s in 2026 on
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:20 AM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
In one of the deepest WR classes ever, you’re telling me there isn’t an ‘Elite Vertical 2’? Seems a little dramatic.
Do you even know what an Elite Vertical guy is?

It ain’t Mecole Hardman. It ain’t Skyy Moore.

So no guarantee you get one as a Waddle, Hollywood Brown, Zay Flowers aren’t lasting for your 3rd round pick just because you would like it to.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 12:23 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t think he needs to hit 1000 yards and realistically that’s a very hard mark to hit. Realistically I think he puts up some games like 3 catches for 20 yards and games where he gets 8 targets with only 2 catches. And that’s tough if you’re juju but it’s what you expect for a weapon you get that allows you to take bigger shots. It’ll drive sports bettors and fantasy football geeks crazy. But everyone in the know will appreciate the contribution.

I feel like Brandin cooks is a reasonable ceiling and the numbers may not be eye popping but he’s had a very very profitable career all while being kind of a productive afterthought. If we plan to develop a speedster I think just like juju and skyy (yeah… I know) he will ease it. We could easily use a second speed guy in more of a gadget role or scripted passes early on as he learns a tough Reid offense. two speed guys can co-exist the way Mvs and Toney should have if they were actually any good.
Yes, Brandin cooks would maybe be a good comparison model for Brown . But for Cooks to have had the profitable career he has he has generally had 1000 yard seasons. He’s fallen off in Dallas. But before that he pretty consistently hit 1000 yards.

I agree it will be very difficult and probably not realistic for brown to hit 1000 yards in the Kansas City situation. And that’s why I wonder why he agreed to come here and so cheap. I definitely hope he does hit 1,000 and competes with rice as top WR as it will be great for us.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:51 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
**** NO on Dobbins. He just tore his Achilles plus has 2 knee tears. He's not someone we should even remotely consider for any reason whatsoever.
I wouldn’t mind having dobbins if the entire contract is incentive based. No risk.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:33 PM 03-16-2024
Jamaal Charles is only 37!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:39 PM 03-16-2024
It's kind of funny. The Chiefs made two moves in FA and they were the biggest headlines bar none. But when you're going for a 3peat that's how it should be.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:52 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's kind of funny. The Chiefs made two moves in FA and they were the biggest headlines bar none. But when you're going for a 3peat that's how it should be.
My impression has been different. What I've mostly seen is "Who Can Finally Stop the Chiefs after Free Agency Please GOD SOMEONE ANYONE PLEASE STOP THEM"
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:59 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
I am very happy that we signed him and I can’t believe we got him so cheap. Totally get that he came here for a ring, and to bolster his reputation playing with a great team, with a great QB.

But I do find it a bit puzzling as to why he would think he is likely to get the 1,000 yard plus season that he needs if he’s going after a big payday next year. Kelce and Rice are likely going to have 1000 yard plus seasons; it would be incredible if we got three receivers with over 1000 yards. But is that likely?. I think he’s going to be fighting hard to be our number 1WR. And a competition between him and Rice for that would be great.
I think Brown is as likely to hit 1000 as Kelce.

Or rather, I don't think either one will.
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:28 PM 03-16-2024
Brown will get 1000 and hope we save Kelce some wear and tear.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 06:35 PM 03-16-2024
I believe its possible that we have two WRs AND a TE get 1000 yards!!

Tres Hombres to go with the 3peat!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
Brown will get 1000 and hope we save Kelce some wear and tear.
they need to have a heart to heart with Kelce. Explain that he needs to decrease his snap count so he’s fresh for the playoffs and brings that 3peat home.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:41 PM 03-16-2024
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I believe its possible that we have two WRs AND a TE get 1000 yards!!

Tres Hombres to go with the 3peat!!
The Quadruplets

Kelce, Rashee, Hollywood and Mahomes

Fuck Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt

It's also a double entendre for the 4th Lombardi of the era.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 52
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up