ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Media Center>House of the Dragon
Hammock Parties 06:07 PM 06-17-2024
Perhaps the most important part of that episode was it showed us the show can hit a home run without gratuitous dragon scenes.

And how they were able to characterize a bit player within the span of a few minutes to a very satisfying degree.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:17 PM 06-17-2024
Did anyone else catch

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 06:25 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Did anyone else catch

Spoiler!
I didn't catch that but why is that a slap in the face?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:30 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:30 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because Daenerys took her dragons North of the Wall in season 7 to rescue the Westerosi Avengers.

I believe he’s suggesting that her dragons should have refused to fly North of the Wall but B&B just didn’t give a shit enough to stick to the established lore.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:34 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Spoiler!
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Because Daenerys took her dragons North of the Wall in season 7 to rescue the Westerosi Avengers.

I believe he’s suggesting that her dragons should have refused to fly North of the Wall but B&B just didn’t give a shit enough to stick to the established lore.
Ahh I forgot about that part of that disaster. Makes sense now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:07 PM Yesterday

In the book it says aegon the conqueror flew his dragons to the wall but they refused to go father.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:09 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
In the book it says aegon the conqueror flew his dragons to the wall but they refused to go father.
Ah, daddy issues. Trust me, I get it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:24 PM 06-17-2024
I’m familiar with Blood & Cheese.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 06:29 PM 06-17-2024
I’m familiar with Blood & Cheese. Thankfully I had forgotten about it up until Blood walked into the room with Cheese holding Halaena at knife point.

Spoiler!
I think you're right, but they've done a poor job with not explaining and/or showing the children for both sides.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:16 AM 06-18-2024
There’s one very intriguing monkey wrench that the tv show’s course of events for Blood and Cheese throws into play that the books did not.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:16 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
There’s one very intriguing monkey wrench that the tv show’s course of events for Blood and Cheese throws into play that the books did not.

Spoiler!
Keep in mind that "the source material" on this one is a book that was written as a historical treatise by a Maester. So there are not first-hand viewpoints.

The show is actually providing more insight into motivations, for once, than books can. Kind of cool.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:09 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Keep in mind that "the source material" on this one is a book that was written as a historical treatise by a Maester. So there are not first-hand viewpoints.

The show is actually providing more insight into motivations, for once, than books can. Kind of cool.
Did you power through that book? I could not do it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Did you power through that book? I could not do it.

I did. The twins were small so I spent a lot of time holding a sleeping child and reading.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:43 PM Yesterday
the fake looking chariot things are back!!!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Up