ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes and I would add Sam Madison. The secondary has done a nice job with communication and they’ve really come together with new faces everywhere.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the defense is coaching better than the offense this season.

If Andy can figure a way to hide the IOL deficiency and get the offense rolling again, we are going to destroy everybody.

Yes even Baltimore, just like last time.
Hard to come down too hard on Madison when he had Scandrick and a pile of shit in his safety crew.

Not sure what kind of coaching could've fixed those idiots. Scandrick having to be shouted down by Hobo Spirit in week 16 was just the cherry on top of that sunday.

You buy those guys books and they were just gonna eat the pages.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:00 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is ****ing awesome I wanted him to be our DC
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hard to come down too hard on Madison when he had Scandrick and a pile of shit in his safety crew.

Not sure what kind of coaching could've fixed those idiots. Scandrick having to be shouted down by Hobo Spirit in week 16 was just the cherry on top of that sunday.

Right and Ron Parker as well, other than Fuller it's an entirely different crew and Ward with more experience.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 AM 12-12-2019
Turns out Daly wasn’t a Trojan horse, after all. (What a stupid take, but at the time the DL looked horrible)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Reggie looks like a really good player. They've found a nice role for him.
Oddly enough, he's been a good blitzer. Who the **** knew?
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:10 AM 12-12-2019
It's kind of like . . . time in a new system has given players a better understanding of how to play assignment-correct football. I'm shocked.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:12 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
It's kind of like . . . time in a new system has given players a better understanding of how to play assignment-correct football. I'm shocked.
Some were claiming Spags was no different than sleeping under a tree in the AFCCG Bob.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:12 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I'm also "shocked" that it took a few games for all the new (and old) players to understand the scheme and their roles in the scheme. Completely shocking.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:14 AM 12-12-2019

This is Madison’s first year here? Think you meant Thomas/Harris.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm also "shocked" that it took a few games for all the new (and old) players to understand the scheme and their roles in the scheme. Completely shocking.
Time in the system didn't help them 'learn their roles' at all last season. The defense actually got worse as the season went on.

And so many of the breakdowns last year were so shockingly simple that it can't be chalked up to mere scheme either.

There's just more buy-in from this group of guys. And I think some of that is due to coaching the right attitude and some of it is just not having as many mongoloid retards out there (specifically in the secondary).

Trust/confidence takes time to develop but taking it as an article of faith that it WOULD just by having more time is a fools errand. Oftentimes it just doesn't happen.

Kudos to the coaching staff for encouraging the buy-in. And I wonder if embarrassing themselves for a few games there in the middle of the season didn't make them take a hard look at themselves, especially when combined with the Mahomes injury and a horrifying realization that this could all fall apart on them with a single play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is Madison’s first year here? Think you meant Thomas/Harris.
Correct. My bad - forgot that Madison was the guy we brought in to replace the guys we shipped out.

In either event, I don't think the coaching was the problem with the secondary. I think a bunch of selfish idiots in his defensive backfield - I mean what more do you need to say about Nelson and Scandrick that they haven't said themselves? Parker was complaining before the season even started.

If we'd have brought that same group back, we'd have had the same problems regardless of the coaching switch. I don't know that Thomas/Harris did amazing work last year but I know that there's not a hell of a lot they could've done with that entitled group of washed up malcontents.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:19 AM 12-12-2019
I still stand by Mike Smith being solid last year. He had out outside LBs who played well. And he's doing really well in green bay. But the rest of the coaches are shit. Pretty unbelievable to have 2 assistant coaches who could easily be nfl DCs in the next few years.

I still think the biggest thing house brings is knowledge of the college game. It gives spags a much more creative gameplan.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:24 AM 12-12-2019
Time in the system didn't help them 'learn their roles' at all last season. The defense actually got worse as the season went on.

And so many of the breakdowns last year were so shockingly simple that it can't be chalked up to mere scheme either.

There's just more buy-in from this group of guys. And I think some of that is due to coaching the right attitude and some of it is just not having as many mongoloid retards out there (specifically in the secondary).

Trust/confidence takes time to develop but taking it as an article of faith that it WOULD just by having more time is a fools errand. Oftentimes it just doesn't happen.

Kudos to the coaching staff for encouraging the buy-in. And I wonder if embarrassing themselves for a few games there in the middle of the season didn't make them take a hard look at themselves, especially when combined with the Mahomes injury and a horrifying realization that this could all fall apart on them with a single play.
Agreed across the board. We had a few Chief Fans who, evidently, thought any improvement should have been immediately noticeable, which is insane given the myriad changes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed across the board. We had a few Chief Fans who, evidently, thought any improvement should have been immediately noticeable, which is insane given the myriad changes.
But we also had too many folks who just assumed improvement would come.

Reckless pessimism is no less premature than cockeyed optimism. Pointing out that it's too early to judge is fair, but saying that early season concern isn't worth mentioning is also unreasonable.

Sometimes it improves - other times it doesn't. At the halfway point of the season when the team was showing regression in some key areas, it was fair to be worried. But ultimately I think the set-backs helped the team. The adversity they faced was a good thing for them.

And that's where the TYPE of coaching they brought in helps. That's when they had their chance to prove their mettle.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 12-12-2019
Guys. Guys. GUYS.

Britt Reid is the assistant LBs coach. What if he's the true mastermind behind the improvement of these players this season?
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 PM 12-12-2019
Better tackling and less whiffing major improvements on the defense.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up