ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 104
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
neech 11:18 AM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I like Andy Reid. I like Megatron because he's Korean and apparently drinks copiously and is a lot of fun at CP gatherings. I'm nearly certain Andy Reid will win a Super Bowl in the next few years. Life is good for Chiefs fans, gentlemen. We can largely thank Andy Reid for that, Super Bowl or not.

[Reply]
Jimmya 11:23 AM 01-08-2020
One of these Andy Lovers may actually be Andy Reid... That would be awesome.....
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:36 PM 01-08-2020
I’m curious if all these clock management hawks can name some coaches who are considered to be good at clock management.

I don’t care who you are. You coach long enough in this league, you’re bound to get embarrassed by making poor decisions on game day that wind up as losses.

Bill Belichick has had a couple in the past two years. Mike Tomlin, too.

Oh, it’s only about results? Cool. If/when Andy delivers a Super Bowl to KC, will you fools finally shut the fuck up about it?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:07 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’m curious if all these clock management hawks can name some coaches who are considered to be good at clock management.

I don’t care who you are. You coach long enough in this league, you’re bound to get embarrassed by making poor decisions on game day that wind up as losses.

Bill Belichick has had a couple in the past two years. Mike Tomlin, too.

Oh, it’s only about results? Cool. If/when Andy delivers a Super Bowl to KC, will you fools finally shut the **** up about it?
Hell, I would shut up about it if people just stopped acting like andy is flawless and would at least admit that this is a weakness for him instead of trying to rewrite history to make it look like he's never had a problem with this issue. I know that's not everyone here - just a couple particular posters.

You're absolutely right though that eventually any coach will look stupid if he coaches long enough. Off the top of my head, I don't remember Pederson, Reich, or Shanahan egregiously mismanaging the clock to blow a big game, but of course they have not been coaching half as long as reid has. Even though belichick has screwed up, i don't remember him doing it in a big game and blowing a shot at the super bowl because of it. Same with harbaugh who has made some dumb decisions, but i don't remember any that cost them a shot at a super bowl. Also, belichick, pederson, and harbaugh have won super bowls so they have proven that their flaws are not fatal to winning a super bowl. Andy has not proven this.

So to answer your question, it kind of is about results b/c with Andy, the stupid decisions always seem to come at the worst time in the big games. As i said before, it's a flaw he has and unfortunately, this particular flaw seems to be fatal to super bowl hopes most of the time.

I think eventually he will win a super bowl despite this flaw, but who knows - Marty had a similar situation with being a great coach with a couple flaws and those flaws were fatal to his super bowl hopes. The whole situation just makes me very nervous and i have mixed feelings about it. One one hand I'd be more comfortable with one of the other coaches I've referenced being in charge given andy's playoff history, but on the other, Andy is due and history has shown that if you are a good coach for long enough, eventually you will win a super bowl (with some exceptions) despite some flaws. I think we have a great chance of making that happen this year so i'm optimistic yet realistic in realizing that Andy's flaws could very well blow it again.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:11 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Hell, I would shut up about it if people just stopped acting like andy is flawless and would at least admit that this is a weakness for him instead of trying to rewrite history to make it look like he's never had a problem with this issue. I know that's not everyone here - just a couple particular posters.

Nobody is doing that dipshit. Go back to whatever hell hole you climbed out of.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:20 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nobody is doing that dipshit. Go back to whatever hell hole you climbed out of.
Here's another douche who can't have a simple conversation without calling people names. You must missed the entire debate I had with megatron where he refused to acknowledge that Andy has had a problem with time management. It's the only reason I jumped into this thread b/c people were going back to previous years to try to defend stupid andy moments and argue against andy's own words. Try paying attention and let me get back to trying to have a rational discussion with SNR.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 01-08-2020
Here's another douche who can't have a simple conversation without calling people names. You must missed the entire debate I had with megatron where he refused to acknowledge that Andy has had a problem with time management. It's the only reason I jumped into this thread b/c people were going back to previous years to try to defend stupid andy moments and argue against andy's own words. Try paying attention and let me get back to trying to have a rational discussion with SNR.
I have had many conversation with people without calling them dipshits, but unfortunately for me I've read your posts dipshit.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 01:36 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
"18-pt halftime blown leads in the playoffs in the Super Bowl era:
- Andy Reid with Chiefs: 2
- Every other coach combined: 2"
Andy can't call the plays and throw it too. Alex Smith is your answer here.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:40 PM 01-08-2020
I have had many conversation with people without calling them dipshits, but unfortunately for me I've read your posts dipshit.
So I'm having a conversation with another poster and you for some reason feel the need to jump in the conversation, but instead of just posting how you disagree with me, you feel the need to just call me a dipshit? You must be pretty insecure in your views and must have felt pretty threatened by my views to lash out that way.

I don't get it. why even jump into this conversation when you're just name-calling and not adding anything of substance? You're way too defensive and must be compensating for something else or taking something else out on me. Try discussing the issue like a normal civil human being or just don't jump in. you've been a worthless waste of time who has added nothing to this thread.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 01-08-2020
So I'm having a conversation with another poster and you for some reason feel the need to jump in the conversation, but instead of just posting how you disagree with me, you feel the need to just call me a dipshit? You must be pretty insecure in your views and must have felt pretty threatened by my views to lash out that way.

I don't get it. why even jump into this conversation when you're just name-calling and not adding anything of substance? You're way too defensive and must be compensating for something else or taking something else out on me. Try discussing the issue like a normal civil human being or just don't jump in. you've been a worthless waste of time who has added nothing to this thread.
Mega wasn't doing this, and Mega isn't "people". The only people being one track minded and spewing nonsense are the irrational haters.

[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:03 PM 01-08-2020
Mega wasn't doing this, and Mega isn't "people". The only people being one track minded and spewing nonsense are the irrational haters.
I disagree. He went back years ago and dissected a 16 play drive play by play to try to prove that andy was not at fault for mismanaging the timing of plays in that game and then argued the opposite of what andy himself said about the drive. It was so revisionist and incorrect that I had to jump in to disagree. Also, others posted their support of his arguments so it was "people."

So it seems we disagree about what went down. maybe we can leave it at that and move on from the name-calling. I'm not one of the irrational haters you reference so we'll probably end up agreeing on a variety of other topics.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:07 PM 01-08-2020

You're absolutely right though that eventually any coach will look stupid if he coaches long enough. Off the top of my head, I don't remember Pederson, Reich, or Shanahan egregiously mismanaging the clock to blow a big game, but of course they have not been coaching half as long as reid has. Even though belichick has screwed up, i don't remember him doing it in a big game and blowing a shot at the super bowl because of it. Same with harbaugh who has made some dumb decisions, but i don't remember any that cost them a shot at a super bowl. Also, belichick, pederson, and harbaugh have won super bowls so they have proven that their flaws are not fatal to winning a super bowl. Andy has not proven this.

So to answer your question, it kind of is about results b/c with Andy, the stupid decisions always seem to come at the worst time in the big games. As i said before, it's a flaw he has and unfortunately, this particular flaw seems to be fatal to super bowl hopes most of the time.

I think eventually he will win a super bowl despite this flaw, but who knows - Marty had a similar situation with being a great coach with a couple flaws and those flaws were fatal to his super bowl hopes. The whole situation just makes me very nervous and i have mixed feelings about it. One one hand I'd be more comfortable with one of the other coaches I've referenced being in charge given andy's playoff history, but on the other, Andy is due and history has shown that if you are a good coach for long enough, eventually you will win a super bowl (with some exceptions) despite some flaws. I think we have a great chance of making that happen this year so i'm optimistic yet realistic in realizing that Andy's flaws could very well blow it again.
Or, and hear me out on this, go to the "Andy Reid sucks" or whatever thread and post your nonsense there. This is, literally, the "appreciation" thread.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:10 PM 01-08-2020
I've been a huge fan of Reid since Clark wouldn't take no for an answer to hire him. I don't think we could have done any better selecting our coach and at this point I would say he probably is a lifelong Chief. Nothing but love bad clock management and all!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:41 PM 01-08-2020
I guess its all about what you want out of your team. If simply having an exciting, competitive team is enough for you, then yes, Andy Reid, and also Marty Schottenheimer were dream coaches.

However, if you want more than that, then you will understand the negativity and criticisms that come flying when Andy falls short just as he did all those years in Philly.

Better Job, look In the mirror, that shit hasnt changed anything. Eventually, this guy can get I done, or he can't.

Its just a matter of how many years of Mahomes career do you want to roll the dice on a dude who just keeps faceplanting in the same fashion.

I want a Superbowl. If Andy delivers, then yes. I will silence my harsh criticisms. But until he does that, and his weaknesses continue to remain a stumbling block keeping the team from immortality, im gonna talk shit when he shits his pants in a moment a ten year old could've figured out playing Madden.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:59 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I guess its all about what you want out of your team. If simply having an exciting, competitive team is enough for you, then yes, Andy Reid, and also Marty Schottenheimer were dream coaches.

However, if you want more than that, then you will understand the negativity and criticisms that come flying when Andy falls short just as he did all those years in Philly.

Better Job, look In the mirror, that shit hasnt changed anything. Eventually, this guy can get I done, or he can't.

Its just a matter of how many years of Mahomes career do you want to roll the dice on a dude who just keeps faceplanting in the same fashion.

I want a Superbowl. If Andy delivers, then yes. I will silence my harsh criticisms. But until he does that, and his weaknesses continue to remain a stumbling block keeping the team from immortality, im gonna talk shit when he shits his pants in a moment a ten year old could've figured out playing Madden.
As noted above, and several times already in this thread, this is not the "Andy Sucks" thread. Take your pals Jimmy and Limpwrist17 and their nonsense over there.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 104
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up