ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 197
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yes because you can easily and immediately replace arguably the most explosive WR in the NFL compared to replacing two brokedick tackles.

JFC, :-)
Nobody is saying that we’re going to have a day 1 bonafide stud at WR1.

But they could easily have a very young talented group after the draft, along with a lot more young talent on defense.
[Reply]
jallmon 12:28 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What surprises me more is why we went right from tyreek wanting to be traded to trading him. Why wouldn't they press for better comp? Is it possible they're trying to free up money because they have another deal coming soon?
That's the problem with reacting to things like this. By the time the trade is formalized and we see the trade tweets it is history, old news. Breech and company are operating several steps ahead of us. We never see the whole picture until after the dust settles.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:28 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody is salty. Just use some common sense.
Common sense also says the Chiefs are sitting on cap money they can't use while tyreek is on his current contract. If they're trying to free up money there's a good chance they have some other moves in mind they can't make until that money is freed up.
[Reply]
-King- 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sure, but the cap savings has to be considered. It has to. Because it too well net more players, potentially game changing ones.
An extension would have given us cap space too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
Nobody is saying that we’re going to have a day 1 bonafide stud at WR1.

But they could easily have a very young talented group after the draft, along with a lot more young talent on defense.
And cap space
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I would take Watkins back in a heartbeat if he played more than 2 games a year.
On the cheap, and knows the system. Chiefs need anything they can get now, considering how everyone needs to pick up the slack
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
No, you can't just pay Tyreek Hill whatever he wants if that is going to absolutely cripple the roster going forward. That is not how team building in the NFL works.
Yep

The math piece of this equation appears to be getting the best of several posters on here. Run the numbers and tell me how it was supposed to work with what Tyreek just got from the Dolphins
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
I might have to stick to the draft forum for a while…
It'll be safe to come out some time before the draft. They're going to make a splash.

They always do.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 12:29 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
No, you can't just pay Tyreek Hill whatever he wants if that is going to absolutely cripple the roster going forward. That is not how team building in the NFL works.
If you don't somebody else can and will , I don't think anyone is worth the pay they are getting now but if anybody is worth it Hill is one of them.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:30 PM 03-23-2022
I wonder how Dolphin fans are gonna feel watching Ty and Waddle run past defenses but noodle arm Tua can’t make the throw.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:30 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I'm dying to know how Mahomes feels about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyO271GChk
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:30 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why didn't we just make him play out his deal? Then let him walk at 29. We are WASTING Travis Kelce's likely last elite year at TE. I don't care if it pisses him off. Whats he gonna do sit out the entire year? Even if he sits out a bunch of games. so what, we have him for the playoffs.

We need to get really, really lucky in the draft to find a #1 WR.
I've seen some dumb takes but this one has to be the dumbest. Just 100% wrong on all accounts.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 03-23-2022

pic.twitter.com/ZfztimDBeb

— Grant (@GingerSaps) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:31 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
If you don't somebody else can and will , I don't think anyone is worth the pay they are getting now but if anybody is worth it Hill is one of them.
and those teams tend to not have elite QB's. If anyone should know that well it's you.
[Reply]
-King- 12:31 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yep

The math piece of this equation appears to be getting the best of several posters on here. Run the numbers and tell e how it was supposed to work with Tyreek just got from the Dolphins
He likely got 22 mil a year. The rest is all fluff. It's what most were expecting us to give him this off season.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 197
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up