ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 59
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:39 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Yeah, the helicopter blades thing was super lame IMO. The rest of it (sans clunky/choppy animation) was excellent. I didn't find the questions/riddles overly cumbersome. It's a season finale, of course there is going to be bait to keep fans coming back for the next season.
I thought that the "helicopter" lightsaber thing was awesome, considering the fact they were in a dark, underground temple.

It was a super cool visual, IMO.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:01 PM 04-01-2016
Snoke and Rey are what, 30 years in the future? This is Rebels, TFA is another thread. Maul is a good question, but since I love his character, I'm glad he's back. I'm looking forward to his story. No clue why Asoka went back into the temple. Looking forward to her rematch with Vader.

And yes, Yoda is the 2nd most horrible animation in a series filled with bad animation. Absolutely horrible. Not as bad as the Wookies, but still bad.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:03 PM 04-01-2016
Snoke and Rey are what, 30 years in the future?
Yeah, at least. Rebels was supposed to be 5 years before ANH.

TFA is 30 years after ROTJ so it might be closer to 45 years...
[Reply]
unlurking 09:06 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I thought that the "helicopter" lightsaber thing was awesome, considering the fact they were in a dark, underground temple.

It was a super cool visual, IMO.
This was all I could think of.

Really made me cringe. The inquisitors looked like paper dolls on strings or something. Maybe if the animation wasn't so jerky.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 04-01-2016

Really made me cringe. The inquisitors looked like paper dolls on strings or something. Maybe if the animation wasn't so jerky.
It get that for sure. I just thought it was a cool viz.

But after we saw it a few times, I thought "Why haven't we seen this before?".

Also, Maul has shown far more Force ability than we've ever seen Anakin display, whether it be the Clone Wars or OT.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:13 PM 04-01-2016
GO GO GADGET LIGHTSABER
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Also, Maul has shown far more Force ability than we've ever seen Anakin display, whether it be the Clone Wars or OT.
Maul is a real wildcard going forward. Who knows what he found/has been learning in those years under the temple. He's kind of the balance to Ahsoka - not a true Sith but definitely draws on the dark side to her not being a true Jedi but leaning towards the light.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:28 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maul is a real wildcard going forward. Who knows what he found/has been learning in those years under the temple. He's kind of the balance to Ahsoka - not a true Sith but definitely draws on the dark side to her not being a true Jedi but leaning towards the light.
He was the "Darkside Yoda" in the finale. Frail and old while using a cane.

Once he finally revealed himself, he was a freaking badass.

I'm not that critical of Lucas because I think his incredible genius is overlooked by whiny fan boys but Maul should have been a factor in II and III.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:32 PM 04-01-2016
Oh, you and every non casual Star Wars fan out there. Removing Maul from the movies was a huge blunder. Hell, Maul MIGHT have been able to save the Battle of Geonosis all by his lonesome, taking on Jedis left and right, and maybe a little one on one action with Windu?

Would have made far better viewing than the shit stew they served up instead.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:33 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh, you and every non casual Star Wars fan out there. Removing Maul from the movies was a huge blunder. Hell, Maul MIGHT have been able to save the Battle of Geonosis all by his lonesome, taking on Jedis left and right, and maybe a little one on one action with Windu?

Would have made far better viewing than the shit stew they served up instead.
Well, at least George admitted it and allowed Dave to bring him back in TCW and Rebels

I've said this before and I'm saying it again but the biggest problem with the prequels was that Geoge "listened" to the Internet after TPM.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:47 PM 04-01-2016
Yeah, Maul is a bad ass, and one of my favorite characters (I miss Ventress). And agreed, Anakin was never really a bad ass to me. Looking back, Vader was a presence. He always fought "standing still", and he always fought non-force users or a weak user in Luke. He was just a James Dean style bad ass. Would love to see a live action version of the fights in Tarkin though. Really the only time I felt like Vader was truly a bad ass and not just a scary looking dude with a deep voice and magic powers.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:21 AM 04-02-2016
Snoke and Rey are what, 30 years in the future? This is Rebels, TFA is another thread. Maul is a good question, but since I love his character, I'm glad he's back. I'm looking forward to his story. No clue why Asoka went back into the temple. Looking forward to her rematch with Vader.

And yes, Yoda is the 2nd most horrible animation in a series filled with bad animation. Absolutely horrible. Not as bad as the Wookies, but still bad.
The point is, regardless of the timeline, Disney is consumed with creating useless mystery upon mystery for the sake of mystery.

It's irritating.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:33 AM 04-02-2016
I was not a fan of TFA (was expecting something new, not just a retelling of the OT), so maybe my perspective is off, but leaving us with questions didn't really bother me.

Heck, I find myself more interested in answering non-story questions about Deadpool. A movie that ended with zero questions. Who's going to play Cable? Will it be a prelude to X-Force? Will we see some more hot ass Morena Baccarin? Will she become Copy Cat? Which X-Force characters are we going to get? Is it going to be a major let down compared to the first?

As far as Star Wars mysteries go, that's a legacy of the franchise. That's how you get awesome reveals like "I am your father", and flashbacks to creepy scenes of incest.

:-)

Sounds to me like you just need to read or watch something not Star Wars!
[Reply]
Toby Waller 03:44 PM 04-02-2016
...about to go see finally
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:46 PM 04-02-2016
I was not a fan of TFA (was expecting something new, not just a retelling of the OT), so maybe my perspective is off, but leaving us with questions didn't really bother me.

Heck, I find myself more interested in answering non-story questions about Deadpool. A movie that ended with zero questions. Who's going to play Cable? Will it be a prelude to X-Force? Will we see some more hot ass Morena Baccarin? Will she become Copy Cat? Which X-Force characters are we going to get? Is it going to be a major let down compared to the first?

As far as Star Wars mysteries go, that's a legacy of the franchise. That's how you get awesome reveals like "I am your father", and flashbacks to creepy scenes of incest.

:-)

Sounds to me like you just need to read or watch something not Star Wars!
Wut?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 59
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up