« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KingPriest2 12:11 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
We also need to take into account we could cut Justin Reid if it helps keep Sneed. Reid has been decent but if you have to choose only one guy to pay in the secondary, it has to be Sneed. Reid is due $14.5 million and you can save $11.5 million letting him go. No way is he worth that kind of cap hit.

This seems like the way to make it happen.
It’s 3.5 dead money 10.7. Cap savings pre June 1

Post June 1 is the sane
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:15 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So why does PFF have him graded so low this year?
I can see 2 things that would contribute: 1/ they’re not taking into consideration that he has the hardest job on the field. ie, he’s getting graded traveling with Justin Jefferson as he would be if he were covering Skyy Moore. and 2/ he does have a bunch of penalties this year.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:27 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So why does PFF have him graded so low this year?
Because PFF's algorithm is trash, as is its owner's assessment of pretty much everything.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:10 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I can see 2 things that would contribute: 1/ they’re not taking into consideration that he has the hardest job on the field. ie, he’s getting graded traveling with Justin Jefferson as he would be if he were covering Skyy Moore. and 2/ he does have a bunch of penalties this year.
PFF scored Sneed as better againt the Jets, both overall and specifically in coverage, than the Vikings. This despite, as far as I can tell, scoring him as performing better against the Jets in just about every coverage measure - fewer penalties, shorter longest yardage against, lower % of targets against received, lower passer rating against etc etc. So it's almost like they did factor in the opponent (i mean, they didn't, it's just that nothing makes much sense in their DB scores).

It looks like they're marking him down mainly on his tackling and how he's played the run.

I think the worst thing about their scoring of DBs, and I doubt there's a way round it, is context. If Sneed loses a step on a guy, or misjudges an angle and gives up, say, 8 yards, or a 1st down, or 15 yards, he gets dinged. Fair enough, but if he chases that guy down and prevents a 40yrd touchdown to win the game, that's sort of important and in my book a "good" or at least "good enough" play, not a mistake. It's why you can see what feels like a massive play by Sneed what feels like every game, and yet he gets a s***y score because he gave up a load of short yardage stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 10-11-2023
SNEED BROKE HIM

Vikings officially have placed WR Justin Jefferson on IR.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 11, 2023

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:24 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
SNEED BROKE HIM

Needs to do the same to Tyreek.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:44 PM 10-11-2023
DB has a right to his spot on the field

a feeding frenzy pic.twitter.com/loq6ZDEh3s

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) October 10, 2023

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:51 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
SNEED BROKE HIM

It was a pulled hammy, dude. Sneed wasn’t even touching him when he pulled it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:05 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So I realize it's always going to be hard. But at least for man coverage, you think they could take a little consideration of whether you are covering a Tyreek or a Skyy and whether you're on an island or have safety help.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Cumulative
[Reply]
KCJake 02:04 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Man of all the things to worry about, losing Willie Gay isn't one of them. Not saying he isn't good, just not a priority for roster construction.
Absolutely agree. I like Gay but if it comes down to Sneed vs him that's an easy call. Sneed is the shit and only gonna get better. He could be the premier guy at his position in another year or two.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:12 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Absolutely agree. I like Gay but if it comes down to Sneed vs him that's an easy call. Sneed is the shit and only gonna get better. He could be the premier guy at his position in another year or two.
Sneed already is the premier guy at his position.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:25 PM 10-11-2023
Sneed can do that with a threatening glare.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:13 PM 10-11-2023
Why do you hate fun?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:33 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why do you hate fun?
Well ACHSHUUAALLY
[Reply]
Page 37 of 58
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up