ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3682 of 3903
« First < 2682318235823632367236783679368036813682 3683368436853686369237323782 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Do you understand how insurance premiums work?

Because they already account for these factors. And health insurance companies have been incentivizing like crazy to get people to make better health decisions (premium reductions and etc.).
You guys are missing the point, I am directly referring to the impact on overall healthcare cost.

Also most hospitals write off millions of $ in heath care given to people who cant or won't pay.

So the "cost" in all of this from unhealthy people has always been there, covid is not different in that aspect. I think its disingenuous to be complaining about he $ aspect of it when it comes to healthcare and costing people $.

Also it seems odd one day we are told hospitals are losing their asses due to covid and then we see complaining about the cost of taking care of covid patients being exorbitant.
[Reply]
Otter 03:36 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Some of us have amazing jobs that require us to be on the internet for 7+ hours a day.
Does your amazing job pay you a bonus to post on ChiefPlanet?

Your so full of it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:36 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
[Devil's advocate] I don't think health insurance premiums are the main area of concern, they would want the same treatment for those that are willingly "unhealthy". Ie, no cancer treatment for smokers, since they made that choice. No treatment for heart disease for anyone who has a certain body fat percentage, since they should have made healthier choices. Etc.
Just like doctors are having to triage and pick who gets a bed, I would say the industry as a whole must triage in the same kind of way... worry less about the slippery slope and unrelated arguments and focus on the one tipping point until it's under control again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:55 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
[Devil's advocate] I don't think health insurance premiums are the main area of concern, they would want the same treatment for those that are willingly "unhealthy". Ie, no cancer treatment for smokers, since they made that choice. No treatment for heart disease for anyone who has a certain body fat percentage, since they should have made healthier choices. Etc.
A fair point.

This situation is probably most comparable to things like liver transplants for alcoholics.

But the point I was making is that people DO already face incentives/disincentives/financial punishments for choices that burden the system.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You guys are missing the point, I am directly referring to the impact on overall healthcare cost.

Also most hospitals write off millions of $ in heath care given to people who cant or won't pay.

So the "cost" in all of this from unhealthy people has always been there, covid is not different in that aspect. I think its disingenuous to be complaining about he $ aspect of it when it comes to healthcare and costing people $.

Also it seems odd one day we are told hospitals are losing their asses due to covid and then we see complaining about the cost of taking care of covid patients being exorbitant.
Why is that odd?

It does hammer hospitals financially. Not only does it take up huge amounts of bed and manpower resources, it drastically increases the amount of write-offs the hospital has to do.

I see your distinction, though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:52 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lets make sure to keep doing this for fat asses and smokers after covid is over.

Unnecessarily unhealthy people have been driving up our healthcare cost for decades. This didn't start with covid.
People already pay for those decisions, though. Premiums are typically more for smokers and fatasses.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:06 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People already pay for those decisions, though. Premiums are typically more for smokers and fatasses.
Anti-vaxxers definitely belong with the smokers and fatasses - based on how much they're costing the rest of us.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:47 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If it were remotely a 1:1 ratio you would have a point. But the minuscule difference doesn't come close to covering it. Our company's insurance for example charges about $120 a month more for tobacco users. I cant imagine that covers the average difference in usage rate.

I dont know of very many companies that do physicals for insurance to cover the fatass part of it, I know some do.

Then again the real fiasco is the pricing system and the fact you have no idea what most procedures will cost until after the fact etc....

I listened to a podcast with a guy on there who wrote a book called "Never Pay The First Bill" or something like that, it was some eye opening data. But thats another topic all together.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:01 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Does your amazing job pay you a bonus to post on ChiefPlanet?

Your so full of it.
Your and idiot.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:07 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Anti-vaxxers definitely belong with the smokers and fatasses - based on how much they're costing the rest of us.
^Just like clockwork^

Maybe they could all wear armbands and get tattooed.
[Reply]
kstater 06:14 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^Just like clockwork^

Maybe they could all wear armbands and get tattooed.

No need. They do a pretty good job of identifying themselves when they open their mouths.
[Reply]
Otter 06:45 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Are you aware that you posted pictures of yourself?
[Reply]
Stewie 07:03 PM 08-23-2021
South Florida doctors stage walkout amid surge in unvaccinated COVID-19 patients

Many Florida hospitals are nearing capacity in their intensive care units as the state contends with a surge of COVID-19 cases

By Thomas Barrabi

A group of 75 South Florida doctors staged a symbolic walkout on Monday to highlight a surge in unvaccinated COVID-19 patients hospitalized in the state, according to a report.

The doctors who participated in the demonstration in Palm Beach Gardens cited fatigue and frustration with misinformation that has contributed to vaccine hesitancy in the state. Some of the doctors briefly walked out of their shifts to participate in the protest.

"It’s incredibly frustrating because we know the vaccines are safe and effective and it’s people that go out and talk against them that really go against physicians and medicine and science. It’s not the message we want to get across to people," JT Snarkski, one of the doctors who participated in the walkout, told MSNBC. "Vaccines are safe and we need to get our communities vaccinated."

Many Florida hospitals are nearing capacity in their intensive care units as the state contends with a surge of COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant. As of this week, about 86% of the state’s hospital beds were full, prompting alarm from public health officials.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:15 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
No need. They do a pretty good job of identifying themselves when they open their mouths.
You hang out with "those people", do you?
[Reply]
kstater 07:26 PM 08-23-2021
I hang out with all types of people
[Reply]
DaFace 07:27 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
South Florida doctors stage walkout amid surge in unvaccinated COVID-19 patients

Many Florida hospitals are nearing capacity in their intensive care units as the state contends with a surge of COVID-19 cases

By Thomas Barrabi

A group of 75 South Florida doctors staged a symbolic walkout on Monday to highlight a surge in unvaccinated COVID-19 patients hospitalized in the state, according to a report.

The doctors who participated in the demonstration in Palm Beach Gardens cited fatigue and frustration with misinformation that has contributed to vaccine hesitancy in the state. Some of the doctors briefly walked out of their shifts to participate in the protest.

"It’s incredibly frustrating because we know the vaccines are safe and effective and it’s people that go out and talk against them that really go against physicians and medicine and science. It’s not the message we want to get across to people," JT Snarkski, one of the doctors who participated in the walkout, told MSNBC. "Vaccines are safe and we need to get our communities vaccinated."

Many Florida hospitals are nearing capacity in their intensive care units as the state contends with a surge of COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant. As of this week, about 86% of the state’s hospital beds were full, prompting alarm from public health officials.
That was posted earlier. While they intended to make a statement, calling it a walk out is irresponsible. They didn't miss work.
[Reply]
Page 3682 of 3903
« First < 2682318235823632367236783679368036813682 3683368436853686369237323782 > Last »
Up