ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 386
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
temper11 03:23 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's too neat, too happy. Every surviving Stark gets a happy ending. Everybody gets what they want, aside from Danaerys:

{list o' reason's here}

This was fan service. Which is fine for the medium. Some of it was even cute. But it's disappointing that such an epic tale ends with such trite denouement.
This is what I'm talking about. 100 posts in this thread about not giving the fans what they want, and other's thinking it was total fan service. :-) it's just impossible to do these things to the satisfaction of the majority as these days the masses are so split and segmented. Or near impossible.
[Reply]
temper11 03:25 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
What would've been really cool is if Dany, Jon and all would've abandoned Winterfell, noticing what happened with Cersei's army not showing and Last Hearth getting rolled over, they should've all taken off South and gone around to the other side of King's Landing to force a final conflict at King's Landing where all three armies are waging war against one another and forcing Cersei's army to take the brunt. I know shoulda woulda coulda but I think just having one big, two episode battle, would've been better to be 4 and 5 and wrapped it up with 6. The amount of craziness from all angles would've been epic! Dany wouldn't have burned the entire city down, or maybe she would've but only to kill the Night Kings army in the streets. and stop the undead from spreading knowing the streets were lost. Avoid the evil Dany obviousness, just would've been much better.
That would have given the Night King the entire population of Kings landing to add to his forces.
[Reply]
temper11 03:30 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How much of a shithead is Bran anyway?

That mother****er can see the future. He knew what he was doing the whole time.

He could have easily gone to Daenerys and been like "Hey, check it out. When you leave here you're gonna get jumped. Rhaegal will get skewered and Missandei'll be taken and beheaded in front of you. Just.. be on the lookout for the Iron a Fleet in Blackwater".

Awesome, now Dany doesn't descend into Mad Queen territory. The kingdoms are taken with little loss of life and a just ruler sits on the throne.. but noooo. That little shit was angling for the throne the entire time.

No wonder he said he didn't want to be King in the North, he was thinking muuuch bigger.
I think you're making assumptions that he can see everything in the future at all times. Maybe he just got a quick premonition of himself "on the throne", but not have any idea how it transpired, or who would be lost along the way. I don't believe we've seen evidence that suggests he is omnipotent - but rather, he just has some kind of foresight.
[Reply]
temper11 03:32 PM 05-20-2019
Oh, ****. I just remembered: why is Bronn the master of coin? Lol

And when did Arya become an explorer? 8 seasons we've been watching and this bitch has been on a ship for like 3 minutes total and now she's ****ing Jacques Cousteau? **** that.
why not? I don't find that unbelievable in the slightest. Re-building westeros apparently "isn't her".
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:38 PM 05-20-2019
This is a fair point. I can admit that, for me, my disappointment is entirely personal. I wouldn't even argue that where they ended up with his story was bad; it's just not what I wanted.

I think I had just fallen into believing that he was the rightful king. He never wanted to be Lord Commander but did so anyway out of necessity. He never wanted to be King in the North but did so out of necessity.. I guess I had convinced myself something similar would happen with the Iron Throne.
Then I’d have to read about how terrible the show is because it’s too obvious.

And it should be pointed out that no one fails upward like Jon motherfucking Snow.

Fails at his mission to kill Mance. Almost loses Castle Black to the Wildlings without major help From stannis. Becomes Lord Commander

Gets crushed at Hardhomme fails in his mission to get a wildlings army. Gets shanked. Becomes the leader of House Stark.

Colossal tactical error in the Battle of the Bastards to be bailed out by Sansa. Becomes King in the North.

All but loses the Battle of Winterfell to be bailed out by Arya (remember how pissed Joer Mormont was when he lost his sword? How pissed would he be when he lost his dragon?) Everyone wants him to be king of Westeros.

DUDE.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:46 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Then I’d have to read about how terrible the show is because it’s too obvious.

And it should be pointed out that no one fails upward like Jon motherfucking Snow.

Fails at his mission to kill Mance. Almost loses Castle Black to the Wildlings without major help From stannis. Becomes Lord Commander

Gets crushed at Hardhomme fails in his mission to get a wildlings army. Gets shanked. Becomes the leader of House Stark.

Colossal tactical error in the Battle of the Bastards to be bailed out by Sansa. Becomes King in the North.

All but loses the Battle of Winterfell to be bailed out by Arya (remember how pissed Joer Mormont was when he lost his sword? How pissed would he be when he lost his dragon?) Everyone wants him to be king of Westeros.

DUDE.

Yeah. Tyrion was also a failure, ultimately, which disappoints and annoys me. Ultimately, he was Hand several times to several people, and for the most part sucked at it. That sucks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:00 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yeah. Tyrion was also a failure, ultimately, which disappoints and annoys me. Ultimately, he was Hand several times to several people, and for the most part sucked at it. That sucks.
I get Tyrion. He learned from his mistakes largely.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:11 PM 05-20-2019
The last episode to me was better than the rest of season 8. The end results I was okay with , the latter journey for most the characters was bad.
But seriously, why was Tyrion taken out by the Maester dammit
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:18 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not even the hero trope that bothers me. It's that they turned him into a sad puppy who just followed Dany around unconditionally.
This and Bran piss me off the most.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:23 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's completely unfair to Bran.

Bran was forgettable.

I wanted to see Walter Jr. killed week in, week out. "Man, maybe they'll finally get him this time...."

Ugh, just an awful, awful character and the series deserves to take more shit than it does because of him. He's as bad as Jar Jar and the Sand Snakes.

I would rate him above Jar Jar (less exposure) but below the Sand Snakes (tits).
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:03 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I would rate him above Jar Jar (less exposure) but below the Sand Snakes (tits).
Mmmm.... Sand Snake tits
[Reply]
Frazod 05:12 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I get Tyrion. He learned from his mistakes largely.
Not really. As Don Corleone might say, he's not a wartime hand. Had they immediately marched on Kings Landing when they arrived in Westeros, they would have taken the Lannisters out right then and there, without an insane queen, dead dragons and decimated followers and allies. Then Dany could have dealt with the rest of Westeros from a position of strength, and eventually even the Starks would have bent the knee to keep from getting barbequed. And would the Night King have been able to breach the wall without the dragon in the first place? While Dany taking her dragons north of the wall wasn't Tyrion's idea, the whole bring-a-wraith-to-Cersei bit was. He should have known she wouldn't give a fuck. For that matter, he should have known never to trust her at all. How many times did that bitch try to have him killed? Christ, what a moron.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:34 PM 05-20-2019
rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=118347&thumb=1&d=1558395155" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: BDF2A862-E87A-44E0-A269-20262096E483.jpeg Views: 280 Size: 58.3 KB ID: 118347" style="margin: 2px" />

My daughter sent this to me...:-):-)
Attached:
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:44 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not really. As Don Corleone might say, he's not a wartime hand. Had they immediately marched on Kings Landing when they arrived in Westeros, they would have taken the Lannisters out right then and there, without an insane queen, dead dragons and decimated followers and allies. Then Dany could have dealt with the rest of Westeros from a position of strength, and eventually even the Starks would have bent the knee to keep from getting barbequed. And would the Night King have been able to breach the wall without the dragon in the first place? While Dany taking her dragons north of the wall wasn't Tyrion's idea, the whole bring-a-wraith-to-Cersei bit was. He should have known she wouldn't give a fuck. For that matter, he should have known never to trust her at all. How many times did that bitch try to have him killed? Christ, what a moron.
For as much as Tyrion hated Cersei.....he still loved her as a sister. Hence why he helped Jaime escape so that he could get Cersei out and they could sail to Essos.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05:44 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Books? Anyone still hoping for GRRM to finish any books is a fool.
I think we'll get TWoW. Don't know about anything after that. Unhealthier men have lived pretty damn long, though. Gene Wolfe nearly made it to 90 and he was still cranking out good books. Maybe he'll have a Stephen King moment and really focus on it.
[Reply]
Page 364 of 386
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374 > Last »
Up