ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 368
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 04:14 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
SpaceX's next Starship rocket test gets FAA go-ahead

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/space...202812627.html
Checklist items are falling into place.

Anticipating the release of SpaceX's pre-Flight 4 hype video this evening, or certainly by tomorrow evening.

Starship | Preparing for Second Flight Test

Starship | Preparing for Third Flight Test

[Reply]
Donger 04:23 PM 06-04-2024
Great news:

After each Starship launch test, the FAA conducted time-consuming failure investigations and made recommendations that SpaceX had to address before each subsequent launch attempt. For Starship Flight 4, SpaceX and the FAA have agreed on a different approach.

"As part of its request for license modification, SpaceX proposed three scenarios involving the Starship entry that would not require an investigation in the event of the loss of the vehicle. The FAA approved the scenarios as test induced damage exceptions after evaluating them as part of the flight safety and flight hazard analyses and confirming they met public safety requirements," FAA officials said in the statement. "If a different anomaly occurs with the Starship vehicle an investigation may be warranted as well as if an anomaly occurs with the Super Heavy booster rocket."
[Reply]
DaFace 08:22 AM 06-05-2024
Well, will Starliner finally get off the ground today? T-30 minutes, and all looks good so far at least. (Sadly, I won't be able to watch live due to a coffee date with some friends, but godspeed.)

[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:49 AM 06-05-2024
Hoping to be able to view from my backyard across the state in Bradenton, FL (I can see these launches at night).
[Reply]
Donger 08:51 AM 06-05-2024
Looks like a hold at 5:34...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:56 AM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Hoping to be able to view from my backyard across the state in Bradenton, FL (I can see these launches at night).
Nope. Darn.
[Reply]
Donger 09:49 AM 06-05-2024
It flew after all?

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:26 PM 06-05-2024
Booooo!!! Too early!!

SpaceX is targeting an 8 a.m. EDT (1200 GMT) launch for its Starship Flight 4 test flight of the Starship and Super Heavy megarocket from the company's Starbase facility in South Texas. While that time could change a bit ahead of launch, it's a great target to time your watch party.

SpaceX will offer a free live webcast of the Starship Flight 4 launch beginning at about 7:30 a.m. EDT (1130 GMT). You can watch the livestream here at Space.com, courtesy of SpaceX. Here's a look at exactly when and how to watch Starship's next launch.
[Reply]
Donger 01:31 PM 06-05-2024
https://www.spacex.com/launches/miss...rship-flight-4

The fourth flight test of Starship is targeted to launch Thursday, June 6 from Starbase in Texas. The 120-minute test window opens at 7:00 a.m. CT.

A live webcast of the flight test will begin about 30 minutes before liftoff, which you can watch here and on X @SpaceX. The launch window will open as early as 7 a.m. CT. As is the case with all developmental testing, the schedule is dynamic and likely to change, so be sure to stay tuned to our X account for updates.

Starship’s third flight test made tremendous strides towards a future of rapidly reliable reusable rockets. The test completed several exciting firsts, including the first Starship reentry from space, the first ever opening and closing of Starship’s payload door in space, and a successful propellant transfer demonstration. This last test provided valuable data for eventual ship-to-ship propellant transfers that will enable missions like returning astronauts to the Moon under NASA’s Artemis program.

The fourth flight test turns our focus from achieving orbit to demonstrating the ability to return and reuse Starship and Super Heavy. The primary objectives will be executing a landing burn and soft splashdown in the Gulf of Mexico with the Super Heavy booster, and achieving a controlled entry of Starship.

To accomplish this, several software and hardware upgrades have been made to increase overall reliability and address lessons learned from Flight 3. The SpaceX team will also implement operational changes, including the jettison of the Super Heavy’s hot-stage following boostback to reduce booster mass for the final phase of flight.

Flight 4 will fly a similar trajectory as the previous flight test, with Starship targeted to splashdown in the Indian Ocean. This flight path does not require a deorbit burn for reentry, maximizing public safety while still providing the opportunity to meet our primary objective of a controlled Starship reentry.

The fourth flight of Starship will aim to bring us closer to the rapidly reusable future on the horizon. We’re continuing to rapidly develop Starship, putting flight hardware in a flight environment to learn as quickly as possible as we build a fully reusable transportation system designed to carry crew and cargo to Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars and beyond.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 04:17 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
Booooo!!! Too early!!
Nah, it is perfect timing. Sets the stage for after launch party to kick off before sunset down here at Starbase. A helluva morning capped off with a helluva night of celebrating. But lots to cover in between.

I still need to figure out where I'll be positioned for this launch.

IFT1: Isla Blanca, South Padre Island
Spoiler!

IFT2: State Highway 48, Port Isabel
Spoiler!

IFT3: South Bay in charter boat
Spoiler!

IFT4: ?

Outside chance I will be at Starbase for the launch. But I don't have my hopes up. I will be there for the afterparty.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:04 PM 06-05-2024
Spoiler:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hydrae 05:55 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
Nah, it is perfect timing. Sets the stage for after launch party to kick off before sunset down here at Starbase. A helluva morning capped off with a helluva night of celebrating. But lots to cover in between.

I still need to figure out where I'll be positioned for this launch.

IFT1: Isla Blanca, South Padre Island

IFT2: State Highway 48, Port Isabel

IFT3: South Bay in charter boat
Spoiler!

IFT4: ?

Outside chance I will be at Starbase for the launch. But I don't have my hopes up. I will be there for the afterparty.
Whichever one gives you the best shot of the launch and the sunrise. Looks like Port Isabel from those pics but I don't know the area well enough.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 05:36 AM 06-06-2024

Now targeting 7:50 a.m. CT for launch of Starship’s fourth flight test. Weather conditions are 95% favorable. The webcast will go live ~30 minutes ahead of liftoff → https://t.co/bJFjLCiTbK pic.twitter.com/Qf8bnsvysd

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) June 6, 2024

[Reply]
Donger 05:42 AM 06-06-2024
https://www.spacex.com/launches/miss...rship-flight-4

Coverage starts at 7:10am CDT
[Reply]
Donger 06:18 AM 06-06-2024
SpaceX feed, T-32:00

[Reply]
Page 364 of 368
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368 >
Up