ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 361 of 386
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Really is a shame that they turned Jon snow into a bit of a doofus. The lead in wasn't great but the conclusion was fine for me.
Jon's always been a bit of a doofus, to be fair.

I don't have a problem with where he ended up at all. I'm simply of the mind that how he got there was insufficient and even WITH him being a doofus, there were ways more in-line with his character to get there.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:36 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As I said before, Jon would be free to do anything he wanted. The Unsullied and Dothraki left and aren't coming back. No one else would give a shit. He has no interest in challenging anyone's authority. He's tired of fighting. The only five people left who know his true identity have no reason to share it with anyone else. But all things being equal, hanging out with Tormund and Ghost and the free folk is probably the happiest ending he could get.

Yep plus the Unsullied and Dothraki will all be dead in short order when they go to Naath because of the butterfly flesh eating disease.

But I agree with DJ make Jon turn it down instead of going out like he did
[Reply]
Pogue 12:10 PM 05-20-2019
Who’s lives in KL anyway? The city got destroyed, most people turned into ash. What’s the point of having a King there?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:21 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Who’s lives in KL anyway? The city got destroyed, most people turned into ash. What’s the point of having a King there?
I wonder if that wasn't the point in the scene on the wharf or the small council meeting. Maybe to demonstrate that, while a great deal of the city has been reduced to ruin, not all of it.

Think of it like The Blitz. The Germans bombed the shit out of greater London for awhile and despite all the damage done, a city that big can simply take a ton of punches. KL isn't Dresden (or Drogon isn't a nuke, perhaps).

Because without those scenes you really do wonder if the whole damn city isn't a smoldering rubble. By including those I think you get a little better understanding of the breadth of KL and how there really is something to rule.

And the reason you have the King there is the same reason it's where the King ended up to begin with. It wasn't mere happenstance, it's a harbor town with a central location and the infrastucture of the entire continent has been funneled to it for centuries now. It's the logical spot to rebuild unless the person taking over were to have had a strong tie elsewhere. Even then, rebuilding the continental infrasturcture and expanding the city into a capital would've been an even greater undertaken than simply rebuilding on the ruins.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:28 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep plus the Unsullied and Dothraki will all be dead in short order when they go to Naath because of the butterfly flesh eating disease.

But I agree with DJ make Jon turn it down instead of going out like he did
Remember the scene where Dany said "we all enjoy what we're good at" and Jon replied, "I don't"?

I think after everything that happened he went out just the way he wanted to.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:30 PM 05-20-2019
Wasn't the point of the Night's Watch to protect against the White Walkers/Wildlings?

Why do they even have it anymore...the wall had been destroyed.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:33 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I felt like the character got hosed from not killing the night king or being king at the end, it was like both of his long term rewarding story arcs were cast aside when in reality he should have been a triumphant character as the show ended.
I guess some people need a heros or a hero-always-wins story. This story had too many twists for that kind of ending, imo.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:33 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Wasn't the point of the Night's Watch to protect against the White Walkers/Wildlings?

Why do they even have it anymore...the wall had been destroyed.
Send troublemakers away where they wouldn't bother anyone any longer

Non-compliance was an overly close shave by a sword. season 1 episode 1)
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:34 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Send troublemakers away where they wouldn't bother anyone any longer

Non-compliance was an overly close shave by a sword. season 1 episode 1)
So its a de facto prison now....that Jon can just walk away from if he chooses? The Night's Watch had been destroyed...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:35 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's one thing to do a big twist in the middle of the show.....it's another to end your 8 year series that way.
Sure it's different, but so what?

Originally Posted by :
Sometimes it's best to send the fans home happy so to speak.
I just don't think this story was ever intended as a happily-ever-after story with the conventional fairy-tale ending. Too conventional.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 05-20-2019
So its a de facto prison now....that Jon can just walk away from if he chooses? The Night's Watch had been destroyed...
I think that was the smirk, though.

He can't really just walk away. But by leading the Wildlings out and simply choosing not to return, that's effectively what he's doing.

He's gone full Mance Rayder. The Night's Watch isn't letting him go - he's simply going rogue and isn't coming back.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:38 PM 05-20-2019
So its a de facto prison now....that Jon can just walk away from if he chooses?
Yeah it's one of the doesn't make sense moments. Especially knowing as soon as greyworm discovered Dany was dead Jon and Tyrion would have had their throats slashed no questions asked.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:43 PM 05-20-2019

One second from every episode of Game of Thrones. pic.twitter.com/rFz2CFLwBx

— Andy Kelly (@ultrabrilliant) May 20, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:44 PM 05-20-2019
It's a wink wink punishment from Tyrion. It gives the appearance of punishment but it's not really punishing for Jon. Jon probably wouldn't walk back to the 7 kingdoms because it's for the good of the realm. Even with the unsullied and dothraki gone, we saw the greyjoys and probably others would not bend the knee to a queenslayer. Last scene shows that Jon has no intention of camping out at castle black. He's going beyond the wall with the wildlings which has always felt like more of his natural place anyway.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:00 PM 05-20-2019
It would have at least been cool to see Nymeria on the ship with Arya.
[Reply]
Page 361 of 386
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371 > Last »
Up