ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 361 of 663
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371411461 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 11:07 PM 12-10-2015
PVZ finally tapped. 5th round, PVZ gassed (with probably sore arms) and Rose had that choke just undeniably locked in. PVZ had to tap or go to sleep.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 11:07 PM 12-10-2015
Hell yeah.

Hopefully they tweet the scorecards for that fight later tonight. I could easily see 50-43 if not 50-42. A complete domination. PVZ is tougher than I gave her credit for.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:14 PM 12-10-2015
That was an awesome fight. If it went the distance it may have been 50-43, Rose just destroyed that young rising star.

I know that the obvious fight is Joanna Champion vs Claudia Gadelha, but with this impressive destruction of PVZ, I think "thug" Rose has to get the next shot at the winner of that fight.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 11:19 PM 12-10-2015
I say give Gadhela another shot at Joanna, and give Namajunas a rematch against Torres if she wins on Saturday.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:23 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
I say give Gadhela another shot at Joanna, and give Namajunas a rematch against Torres if she wins on Saturday.
That sounds like a great plan. Its never a good idea to keep your second contender on ice for half a year, just let them fight and figure out what the next fight should be on the fly.

If the brutal, deadly Polish chick keeps her belt and Rose beats Torres, then we've got a fight that is at least worthy of being a high-profile PPV co-main
[Reply]
alnorth 11:39 PM 12-10-2015
I just don't understand the haters who say that women's MMA is not entertaining, I loved that fight, it was great. I really don't see a difference between a flyweight or bantamweight men's fight, and a women's top-10 MMA fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:05 PM 12-11-2015
UFC 194 weigh-ins have started
[Reply]
alnorth 05:38 PM 12-11-2015
Everyone made weight. The staredown was tame by Conor's standards.

edit: Aldo hilariously mocked McGregor's usual fight stance
[Reply]
Jerm 06:30 PM 12-11-2015
Aldo looks so relaxed...have a feeling he's gonna put on an absolute clinic tomorrow night.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:57 PM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Everyone made weight. The staredown was tame by Conor's standards.

edit: Aldo hilariously mocked McGregor's usual fight stance

Yesterday at the press conference Conor bowed to Jose after their staredown. He's also a lot calmer in these interviews.

I think it's finally hit him that he's fighting one of the best p4p fighters who has had about a year to prepare for him.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:06 PM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yesterday at the press conference Conor bowed to Jose after their staredown. He's also a lot calmer in these interviews.

I think it's finally hit him that he's fighting one of the best p4p fighters who has had about a year to prepare for him.
He's reportedly been acting very different from this "calm before battle" thing he's been telling reporters. Backstage before the weigh-in, Conor was relentlessly yelling and trash-talking at Aldo just 10 feet away, while Aldo just ignored him and looked ahead.

edit: here's that arm bar that PVZ refused to tap to that we were freaking out about last night.

http://i.imgur.com/g33SoKx.webm
[Reply]
alnorth 09:01 PM 12-11-2015

That is literally one of the worst UFC fights I have ever seen. Total disgraceful effort from both men

— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) December 12, 2015

Have to agree with Iole. That featured prelim was the worst UFC fight I have ever seen. Near the end, I was no longer annoyed and was laughing at how terrible this fight was.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:10 PM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:

Have to agree with Iole. That featured prelim was the worst UFC fight I have ever seen. Near the end, I was no longer annoyed and was laughing at how terrible this fight was.

The gonzaga fight? That was like a prime Jon Fitch type fight.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 09:13 PM 12-11-2015
I think Mendes can stuff enough of Edgar's takedowns to keep it standing long enough to eventually catch him with his power, especially with the small cage again. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar wins a decision.

I think Ferguson is too smart to stay in Barboza's range. I think he'll crack Edson and then submit him late.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:35 PM 12-11-2015
Here's a thought: do you guys think we could start a UFC 194 thread?

I don't think most UFC events should get their own thread because there's really not many of us who care, but this one is so overhyped that it may be the exception to the rule. Tomorrow's card is basically the "super bowl" for the UFC this year. I was talking to people at work today who don't follow MMA AT ALL, and even they all heard of Conor McGregor and were sort of curious about how he'd fare, so his notoriety has clearly broken out of our small MMA circle and into general pop culture. Hell, boxing fans had their stupid Mayweather threads, so I think we should have at least one thread a year too.

If the rest of you don't think the idea is stupid, I can start the thread after midnight.
[Reply]
Page 361 of 663
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371411461 > Last »
Up