ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 360 of 386
« First < 260310350356357358359360 361362363364370 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:05 AM 05-20-2019
So Sansa was so concerned with Bran not being able to have an heir. She is Queen in the North now, who will be her heir? Is she going to call Jon when she's ready to bear children, then send him back to the Wall? Is she going to have a child with the King of the Vale? Who will be worthy enough for her to want to bear a child with? Btw both of those men are her cousins. Just makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:06 AM 05-20-2019
As I said before, Jon would be free to do anything he wanted. The Unsullied and Dothraki left and aren't coming back. No one else would give a shit. He has no interest in challenging anyone's authority. He's tired of fighting. The only five people left who know his true identity have no reason to share it with anyone else. But all things being equal, hanging out with Tormund and Ghost and the free folk is probably the happiest ending he could get.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
So Sansa was so concerned with Bran not being able to have an heir. She is Queen in the North now, who will be her heir? Is she going to call Jon when she's ready to bear children, then send him back to the Wall? Is she going to have a child with the King of the Vale? Who will be worthy enough for her to want to bear a child with? Btw both of those men are her cousins. Just makes no sense to me.
Tyrion. Only halfway kidding. Hah. Halfway.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As I said before, Jon would be free to do anything he wanted. The Unsullied and Dothraki left and aren't coming back. No one else would give a shit. He has no interest in challenging anyone's authority. He's tired of fighting. The only five people left who know his true identity have no reason to share it with anyone else. But all things being equal, hanging out with Tormund and Ghost and the free folk is probably the happiest ending he could get.
While I understand this reasoning, most people watching this show expected him to stand tall at the end.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:09 AM 05-20-2019

At least the memes have been incredible this season lol...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:10 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Except Jon DID NOT WANT to be king and rule the seven kingdoms. I'm not crazy about him having to be put on the Night Watch, but there may have been an insurrection with he Unsullied and Dothraki if he was made king since he killed Dany. It was simply a practical solution.

I don't think it will not be a permanent exile over time. You can make that what you want tho'.
I think it was implied that the night's watch was a wink wink move. He will barely touch castle black. He gets to live a happy life beyond the wall witb tormund, ghost, and among the wildlings. He's not being punished like the dothraki and unsullied think. He was his unhappiest pretending to be aegon targaryen so arguably the conventional ending of putting him on the throne would have been am unhappy ending. He gets a pretty happy ending when you really think about it.
[Reply]
Pogue 11:12 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Not only that but they completely curb Gendry who is the rightful heir after being legitimized.
The council deciding who is king scene was a crappy scene. Seemed like everyone mailed it in from the acting, the writers, the production staff allowing water bottles to be shown, the editing crew didn’t catch that or worse just said fuck it and wrapped up the scene.

I would’ve liked an ending where samwell Tarly at 86 or whatever was reading the SOIAF book to his grandson and his grandson asks if it’s a true story and samwell says it’s all bullshit. Then the grandson looks at him and goes you are one sick fuck. Roll credits. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:14 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
While I understand this reasoning, most people watching this show expected him to stand tall at the end.
I think more than anything he'd just like to step out of the spotlight and be left the hell alone. His whole life has been varying degrees of shit. Getting drunk with Tormund, hunting with Ghost and finding another fine ass redheaded wildling to shack up with would probably be much more appealing than being Sansa's errand boy at Winterfell or training troops in King's Landing.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 05-20-2019
I felt like the character got hosed from not killing the night king or being king at the end, it was like both of his long term rewarding story arcs were cast aside when in reality he should have been a triumphant character as the show ended.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:22 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I felt like the character got hosed from not killing the night king or being king at the end, it was like both of his long term rewarding story arcs were cast aside when in reality he should have been a triumphant character as the show ended.
I don't think he cared about killing the night king as long as he was dead. And he absolutely did not want to be king. He would have been miserable, and he also would have sucked at it, since he has zero political instincts and is too pigheaded to heed politically savvy advice if it goes against his Gumpish code.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:22 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Tyrion. Only halfway kidding. Hah. Halfway.
:-):-):-):-).....:-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:24 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
To start off I absolutely hate that Bran is King. Jon Snow should be King. Its pretty much the only thing I hated this season. I have never complained about anything in this show.

Now that I got that out of the way, I want to say good luck to anyone that is going to try to be sneaky and try to overthrow Bran. How are you going to even attempt to plot to kill someone that sees and knows everything. He can crush any uprising before it evens begin. No need for trials anymore either. Bran saw it happen.

The dude is NOT omniscient. What he does takes time and effort, and he can't watch everyone. I suppose he can spend ALOT of time keeping an eye on the key actors, that is true.
[Reply]
temper11 11:24 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Don't ever criticize anything ever again then...don't like it, do it yourself.

Hey the Chiefs cut someone that I don't agree with...."hurr hurr go GM your own team blehhhhh" :-)
Fair enough. However I didn't say folks can't or shouldn't criticize, but to pretend that the ending you (not you specifically) have in your head is the obvious better ending, perfectly executed, that would satisfy all, is a fantasy.

Whenever there is a hit show or movie, the inevitable enraged fan-base rises up and calls for the public annihilation of the show or movie runners. Everything is awful - all the time.
[Reply]
temper11 11:28 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Why the hell would she pick Jon? Why wouldn't she just pick whoever she likes and make him take her name? :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:30 AM 05-20-2019
Oh well, at least we have the memes!

[Reply]
Page 360 of 386
« First < 260310350356357358359360 361362363364370 > Last »
Up