ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 85
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Rooster 01:12 PM 08-20-2008
Originally Posted by plbrdude:
i've yet to have a sharkbite fitting fail either. handy when you've got to transition from pex to copper. sometimes on cpvc that that little plastic stiffener needs to come out to let the cpvc go all the way in. the only time i've ever seen one leak was on cpvc and the pipe didn't fully insert.
Honestly, you are flirting with disaster using that coupler. I sincerely hope you are not using these fittings behind walls.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:00 PM 08-20-2008
I'm getting ready to run the last plumbing in my house, probably this fall, to the downstairs bath/laundry room.

I'm going to run pex most of the way, but copper already is run t hrough a wall to a shower, so I'll go pex to copper.

In the basement, not inside a wall, the sharkbite seems to be a reasonable choice. My basement isn't finished and won't be, so its not the end of the world.

I'd be fibbing if I didn't wonder how well the pex and fittings are holding up inside the wall. I've found 1 leaking in the basement.
[Reply]
Phobia 03:36 PM 08-20-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'd be fibbing if I didn't wonder how well the pex and fittings are holding up inside the wall. I've found 1 leaking in the basement.
I'm sure that was operator error. If it were problematic Pex would have never become an acceptable plumbing practice in national codes. I've had a couple leaking pex connections but it was because we didn't get the tube fully seated and crimped correctly. After you turn the water on and everything is sealed the rate of failure is miniscule.
[Reply]
plbrdude 05:32 PM 08-20-2008
Originally Posted by Rooster:
Honestly, you are flirting with disaster using that coupler. I sincerely hope you are not using these fittings behind walls.
so far only in exposed areas. though sharkbites are approved to be buried. when it comes to that a.y. mcdonald pac joint fittings are the only way to go.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:14 PM 08-20-2008
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I'm sure that was operator error. If it were problematic Pex would have never become an acceptable plumbing practice in national codes. I've had a couple leaking pex connections but it was because we didn't get the tube fully seated and crimped correctly. After you turn the water on and everything is sealed the rate of failure is miniscule.
I'm sure it was operator error.

Removed the rest...not necessary for this thread or posterity.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:21 PM 08-20-2008
People are stupid dude. You know that. If he's moving hang him. If you're stuck with him take some time to smooth it over. There's nothing better than good neighbors to watch out for one another.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:46 PM 08-20-2008
removed from posterity.
[Reply]
Buzz 10:55 AM 09-04-2008
For all you do it your self types that enjoy a good garage / mancave here's mine.
Attached: Workbench3.bmp (576.1 KB) Workbench4.bmp (576.1 KB) 
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:57 AM 09-04-2008
Note to self,

Never buy any furniture from Walmart

DAMN HOLES AND SCREWS NEVER LINE UP!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Buzz 11:15 AM 09-04-2008
Oh, and I'm sure Donger would love me cause I hang out in my garage :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 11:52 AM 09-04-2008
Heh. I'd be ashamed to post pictures of my shop, Howie. I know where every single item is (mostly) but a picture of organization it is not.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:53 AM 09-04-2008
Here is part of my latest project. Since I have built a closet in the bathroom I redid, and have 16 new windows and 30 squares of siding in the garage(hiring that out, don't have time).
Attached: playground3.jpg (104.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Groves 11:54 AM 09-04-2008
Originally Posted by Howie Feltersnatch:
Oh, and I'm sure Donger would love me cause I hang out in my garage :-)
In a pool?
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:57 AM 09-04-2008
Here is a snapshot of the bathroom remodel. I'll try to dig up a "before" and post it here later. I know I'm not a pro, no laughing.
Attached: bathroomafter.jpg (44.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Buzz 12:06 PM 09-04-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Here is a snapshot of the bathroom remodel. I'll try to dig up a "before" and post it here later. I know I'm not a pro, no laughing.
Looks Good and that little girl should have a lot of fun with that play set...

Heres a motorcycle I redid last year and got my license on.
Attached: motorcycle.jpg (27.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 36 of 85
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up