ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 65
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:45 AM 04-07-2024

The 2024 @Royals are the first team in *Major League history* whose starting pitchers have recorded ≥ 6.0 innings and ≤ 1 run allowed in 7 of the 1st 9 games.

— Nick Kappel (@NickKappel) April 7, 2024

[Reply]
cmh6476 08:53 AM 04-07-2024
Hard not to like the early returns of what they did this offseason, and the way we now seem to be able to coach pitching or pull guys when they need to be pulled.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:17 AM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You think their only motivation was intrinsic value for KC? The group of people who now own the Royals are simply trying to increase the value of the team to flip it for a profit. Sherman is the figurehead.
Has an any owner of a professional sports team ever done that? What owner has bought up a pro franchise just to turn around and sell it for a profit? How does that make any sense? These guys make all kinds of money in different ventures and owning a pro team is very exclusive. There are way more billionaires (~2800) than baseball owners. He's not selling the club anytime soon.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:22 AM 04-07-2024
Fucking Bobby Witt Jr is absolutely crushing the ball right now. His avg exit velocity is 101 and his hard hit % is 76.9%. A really promising trend, although early is his walk rate is 2.2% higher so far than his career avg and he's just barely under league average. That's a real positive sign and if he keeps it up, then I could see him getting an MVP this year.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:26 AM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Nashville is looking like a real possibility
What about Regina, Saskatchewan?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:27 AM 04-07-2024
Bobby Witt Jr is already at 1.3 bWAR. Extrapolated over a 162 game season and that comes out to a 23.4 bWAR season lmao. He's at 0.9 fWAR which is tied for 2nd. He's only behind Mookie Betts in both. Betts is just absolutely insane right now.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:40 AM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You think their only motivation was intrinsic value for KC? The group of people who now own the Royals are simply trying to increase the value of the team to flip it for a profit. Sherman is the figurehead.
Name one professional sports owner whose sole purpose was to buy a team just to flip it for a profit. It doesn’t happen, ever. Calm the fuck down drama queen.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:35 AM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Amazing. It also seems like their RPs are starting to come around, sans Will Smith. Knock on wood.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:28 AM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Name one professional sports owner whose soul purpose was to buy a team just to flip it for a profit. It doesn’t happen, ever. Calm the **** down drama queen.
I'm about 95% he's trolling, but he's actually a big enough dumb shit to legitimately believe this, so I'm not sure.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:20 PM 04-07-2024
I need to stop praising guys I guess, because every single time I do they go out and look like they might start a slump lol.
[Reply]
TLO 06:04 PM 04-07-2024
So does this team have a chance to be decent? I don't want to get my expectations up. But a little dose of hope goes a long way.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:35 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
So does this team have a chance to be decent? I don't want to get my expectations up. But a little dose of hope goes a long way.
I think they do. Cole Ragans is a legit Cy Young candidate and Bobby is a legit MVP/best player in the entire majors. The SP can fall off quite a bit and still be good and the offense has multiple guys. We're not going through our typical beginning of the year slumps where all our hitters/pitchers are dog shit and thats gotta be great for their confidence and morale. Being 6-4 also has to be a huge confidence boost and sweeping a 4 game series is just what this team needed. Last year's team would have lost that game today for sure. They just seem different this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 04-07-2024
Name one professional sports owner whose sole purpose was to buy a team just to flip it for a profit. It doesn’t happen, ever. Calm the fuck down drama queen.
Almost all of them?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:51 PM 04-07-2024
Name one professional sports owner whose sole purpose was to buy a team just to flip it for a profit. It doesn’t happen, ever. Calm the **** down drama queen.
Look up the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan’s tenure as majority owner of the Leafs and Raptors (MLSE).
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:05 PM 04-07-2024
Revote now?
[Reply]
Page 36 of 65
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up