ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 101
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:46 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Well, Chubb is the best running back in the NFL, so, that’s not a bad thing. But the Browns are not doing that because Baker is bad.
I didn't say Baker was bad....
[Reply]
NWChubb83 10:48 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
healthy is the key, our O-line has been beat up most of the year, we should be as healthy as we've been for this game in a while. What are you hearing on Conklin and Dunn, you may be able to play with those injuries, but not nearly at 100%?

Also Brown Fans, what is the best message board for Cleveland? There seems to be a plethora to choose from...
Conklin went out with a hamstring issue, I’m hoping he’ll be good to go Sunday but never know with hamstrings. Will depend on how serious it is.

Dunn was replacing our pro-bowler Bitonio for COVID and Bitonio will be back for Sunday’s game.

The 247 board for the Browns is pretty active. The “Watercooler” forum is where you would want to go.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:02 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m really happy for you Browns fans, BTW, and I do think the arrow is pointing way up for the years to come.

The answer to beating the Chiefs is putting up TDs, not FGs. While also playing good to great defense, because odds are they are going to score at least 30.

People talk about ball control a lot but it means nothing if the drives don’t end with 7 points. If the Chiefs and Browns both only have a low amount of let’s say, 8 possessions, and Cleveland really controls the clock... they still have to score more points per drive than Kansas City and that is just really hard to do. It’s why a lot of teams go for 4th downs when they normally wouldn’t against most teams.
The other strange thing about ball control is that usually these teams have outstanding defenses and TOP leaves them fresh in the second half. BAL and TEN want a close game at halftime then they beat a tired defense with their running game. CLE's defense can't reliably make stops. What we saw in NYJ and BAL and I suspect it's what we'll see Sunday is CLE fall behind early. Unlike BAL and TEN, CLE has the offensive firepower to catch up. But their second half defense doesn't make stops whether they're protecting the lead or catching up. And that's gotta be CLE's biggest concerns. Even if they manage to keep it close by halftime, their defense can't close.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:06 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by NWChubb83:
Conklin went out with a hamstring issue, I’m hoping he’ll be good to go Sunday but never know with hamstrings. Will depend on how serious it is.

Dunn was replacing our pro-bowler Bitonio for COVID and Bitonio will be back for Sunday’s game.

The 247 board for the Browns is pretty active. The “Watercooler” forum is where you would want to go.
There’s a thread over there talking about this thread. lol

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...ely-159013839/
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:09 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they do something more than any other team in the league or do something no other teams do, that's the DEFINITION of "unconventional".

You guys know that, right?
Zing!:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:10 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
There’s a thread over there talking about this thread. lol

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...ely-159013839/
The one thing I learned is they're all about fixing the thread title.
[Reply]
TLO 11:30 AM 01-12-2021
I harbor no ill will towards Browns fan. Both of our franchises were in NFL hell for far too long.
[Reply]
DawgDays 11:35 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The other strange thing about ball control is that usually these teams have outstanding defenses and TOP leaves them fresh in the second half. BAL and TEN want a close game at halftime then they beat a tired defense with their running game. CLE's defense can't reliably make stops. What we saw in NYJ and BAL and I suspect it's what we'll see Sunday is CLE fall behind early. Unlike BAL and TEN, CLE has the offensive firepower to catch up. But their second half defense doesn't make stops whether they're protecting the lead or catching up. And that's gotta be CLE's biggest concerns. Even if they manage to keep it close by halftime, their defense can't close.
My Browns don't have the horses on defense, no doubt about it. We may surprise you guys a little Sunday because we will actually be relatively "healthy" for the first time in weeks. Down the stretch, before a few dinged players and the Covid nightmare, we were playing much better. Having Ward back is huge, our secondary has been patchwork and we would have no hope without him. Hopefully he's not huffing and puffing as badly as Myles (still not quite right) after his Covid experience.

On top of that, we are NOT ball control, and have a hard time faking it. Only one or two games this season where we really imposed our will with the run game. We have two great backs and the numbers are inflated because of a lot of "chunk plays", not "three yards and a cloud of dust". Not that all that really matters, if you can move the ball down the field and score the point is moot. Problem this Sunday (for the Browns) is that we can't ride out a lead even if we have one, not too many 8-10 minute drives in our repertoire... And if Mahommes is back on the field it will just mean the scoreboard keeps ringing like a '70s pinball machine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I harbor no ill will towards Browns fan. Both of our franchises were in NFL hell for far too long.
I don't really harbor ill will for ANY fan unless they come here and shit all over the place and then pretend they "just wanna talk football".
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:36 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
They split out the rbs quite a bit. They want to get Chubb, or Hunt matched up with a LB.
I think what we're talking about, at least I know I am, is that CLE doesn't seem to put both Chubb and Hunt on the field at the same time. Chubb in the backfield, Hunt split out (or vice versa), which I felt like would be a very dangerous scheme since they acquired Hunt.

But for whatever reason I haven't seen that in the CLE games I've watched.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:36 AM 01-12-2021
I don't really harbor ill will for ANY fan unless they come here and shit all over the place and then pretend they "just wanna talk football".
Well. Maybe Pats fans who have never even been to the northeast. Fuck those guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:38 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well. Maybe Pats fans who have never even been to the northeast. Fuck those guys.
The bandwagon fans are fun to laugh at but other than that, meh.

It's the ones that invade our board and act like they can tell us how to be fans that bug me.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:39 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think what we're talking about, at least I know I am, is that CLE doesn't seem to put both Chubb and Hunt on the field at the same time. Chubb in the backfield, Hunt split out (or vice versa), which I felt like would be a very dangerous scheme since they acquired Hunt.

I couldn't possibly agree more, felt the exact same way when we still had the Bell/CEH duo
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 11:40 AM 01-12-2021
hi guys wanna talk some football :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

It's not a big part of the scheme. They're really running the Shanahan offense for the most part.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 101
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up