ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:59 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Cap isn't decreasing and by all accounts, will stay relatively flat in 2021.

The owners could opt to make sure it's exactly the same as 2020 or even spread any loss over the next few seasons but the owners don't want to give the players an "Interest Free" loan.
Yeah, I read that as well. Guess we'll see when it happens. Or not.

Just hope HB doesn't become a casualty of whatever happens next season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I read that as well. Guess we'll see when it happens. Or not.

Just hope HB doesn't become a casualty of whatever happens next season.
I don't think there's even a remote chance that Mathieu would be cut in 2021, because he's way too valuable in the Slot or as a Safety, as well as being the anchor of that defense.

I think there would be a serious locker room issue if he was to be cut because the guy has been everything the Chiefs wanted in a Safety and most likely, even more.
[Reply]
WhitiE 05:04 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
Watch him during the press conferences he's gotta be the most long winded journo in the crowd. He tries to be edgy in his questioning but you can tell he's still a bit snake bitten from when Reid chewed him out earlier this year. The guy is a wannabe New York style of hard hitting reporter.
You got a link to that? or even a week it happened and I'll see if I can find it
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:07 PM 01-02-2021
The Cap isn't decreasing and by all accounts, will stay relatively flat in 2021.

The owners could opt to make sure it's exactly the same as 2020 or even spread any loss over the next few seasons but the owners don't want to give the players an "Interest Free" loan.
The cap floor for 2020 is $198.2 Million. By all accounts of Adam Schefter and many others the projected cap floor for 2021 is $175 Million. That would be a decrease of over $20 Million.

I am curious of what "accounts" you are speaking about. It would be best for the NFL if it doesn't go down that much but I have not seen any reputable source saying anything other than a floor of $175 Million.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 01-02-2021
I don't think there's even a remote chance that Mathieu would be cut in 2021, because he's way too valuable in the Slot or as a Safety, as well as being the anchor of that defense.

I think there would be a serious locker room issue if he was to be cut because the guy has been everything the Chiefs wanted in a Safety and most likely, even more.
I would tend to agree. I'm just relaying what I read. The article actually talked about a couple other players that might be under the gun as well (to make room for additions like another OL), but HB was the name that jumped out at me.

The main reason I think it's not a serious concern is that I doubt Spags would be okay with letting Mathieu go, considering how integral he is to Spagnuolo's scheme.

But the cold math of the cap has made me wrong before, so . . .
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
The cap floor for 2020 is $198.2 Million. By all accounts of Adam Schefter and many others the projected cap floor for 2021 is $175 Million. That would be a decrease of over $20 Million.

I am curious of what "accounts" you are speaking about. It would be best for the NFL if it doesn't go down that much but I have not seen any reputable source saying anything other than a floor of $175 Million.
Uh, that was the company line back in July & August, not December and January.

Florio and Albert Breer, just to name a few, have written articles in the past few weeks stating that the Cap will stay flat because there's far more revenue than previously expected.

December 6, 2020:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...21-salary-cap/

Per a league source, the possibility that stadiums will be full for the 2021 season could prompt the league to not tie the hands of teams by dropping the salary cap by more than $23 million per team, from $198.2 million. Although the 2020 season will indeed result in lower revenue than usual, the potential of a return to something normal or close to it plus the coming TV deals may result in the league keeping the cap in the range of $195 million.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:13 PM 01-02-2021
Uh, that was the company line back in July & August, not December and January.

Florio and Albert Breer, just to name a few, have written articles in the past few weeks stating that the Cap will stay flat because there's far more revenue than previously expected.

December 6, 2020:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...21-salary-cap/

Per a league source, the possibility that stadiums will be full for the 2021 season could prompt the league to not tie the hands of teams by dropping the salary cap by more than $23 million per team, from $198.2 million. Although the 2020 season will indeed result in lower revenue than usual, the potential of a return to something normal or close to it plus the coming TV deals may result in the league keeping the cap in the range of $195 million.
That is awesome. That may change a few things.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:19 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I read a rumor that Mathieu might be among the first to get cut if the cap goes down. My hope is that Veach can do some Veach-type thing to keep him, because he's the least replaceable player on the defense.

That rumor makes zero sense. Even if the cap goes down, the Chiefs can let Osemele, Bell, Watkins, Damien Wilson, Breeland, or Sorensen walk next year and replace them with rookies or cheap dudes. They can cut Schwartz (assuming he’s done) and Okafor. Veach can do that weird wizard thing with extensions or whatever. Hell, just fucking extending Matthieu himself would make a big difference.

There are a ZILLION things the Chiefs could do before cutting probably their most important player on defense. Maybe a fucking idiot like O’Brien would cut him, but Veach isn’t a fucking idiot
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:33 PM 01-02-2021
Terez Paylor said on his pod a few weeks back that a Mathieu extension is something to expect this offseason.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:37 PM 01-02-2021
A Mathieu extension to bring down his cap number would be ideal. Not sure if Mathieu would be on board though. He could command good money on the market if he ever got there.
Great safety talent in this draft btw.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:52 PM 01-02-2021
Landlord and Fish will likely both get extensions.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:05 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
A Mathieu extension to bring down his cap number would be ideal. Not sure if Mathieu would be on board though. He could command good money on the market if he ever got there.
Any extension is going to certainly bring it down. Even if it’s an increase in APY, I’m sure they’d convert some of his ‘21 base salary into the signing bonus.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That rumor makes zero sense. Even if the cap goes down, the Chiefs can let Osemele, Bell, Watkins, Damien Wilson, Breeland, or Sorensen walk next year and replace them with rookies or cheap dudes. They can cut Schwartz (assuming he’s done) and Okafor. Veach can do that weird wizard thing with extensions or whatever. Hell, just fucking extending Matthieu himself would make a big difference.

There are a ZILLION things the Chiefs could do before cutting probably their most important player on defense. Maybe a fucking idiot like O’Brien would cut him, but Veach isn’t a fucking idiot
The article did also have Watkins and Sorenson leaving, hypothetically of course.

And don't kid yourself; Billy O. would trade HB for Wentz in a heartbeat and make Patrick the QB2.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:15 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Terez Paylor said on his pod a few weeks back that a Mathieu extension is something to expect this offseason.
I think this was the expectation when he signed his deal originally. He was never seeing that original 2021 amount in its current form.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:44 AM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

I think he loves it here.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up